SDMT Status effects watch

NeonNinja

Original Poster
As of My Last ride which was on May 31st
Dancing Snow White and One of the Dwarfs was frozen
HiHo Guys hands weren't moving whent he bells went off.

Everything else is just fine.

Cmdr_Crimson

Nothing here a little simple thing Disney likes to do to fix a situation like this...
719TLbRBj5L._UX466_.jpg
industrial-fan-for-hire--2370-p.jpg

Marc Gil

It just opened.... Isn't that supposed to be the time when there are as less kinks as possible.......?
Heavens no! For example, when Test Track first opened, it broke down almost every few hours.

Lots of rides tend to have a few minor issues during the first few weeks of operation.

Just because a ride is brand-spanking new doesn't mean that everything's going to be peachy and perfect.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's like a marriage in that respect, if you get my drift.
Heavens no! For example, when Test Track first opened, it broke down almost every few hours.

Lots of rides tend to have a few minor issues during the first few weeks of operation.

Just because a ride is brand-spanking new doesn't mean that everything's going to be peachy and perfect.

I gotcha!

Tom Morrow

As of two nights ago, everything seemed to be working just fine.

The only thing I don't like is the very bright light for the on-ride photo/video capture. We rode at night not only is it blinding, it was always on. I assume it will eventually be triggered like the lights on Tower of Terror for it's new video thing.

mergatroid

It just opened.... Isn't that supposed to be the time when there are as less kinks as possible.......?

Well look at Gringotts that's just opened too, obviously it's much more advanced but it's down regularly by all accounts (I'm not knocking it, just pointing out that many attractions have teething problems early on).

Horizons1

If this ride was highly advanced and technical like TT was or like Grignots is, I'd agree. But it's not. And the animatronics are from 1971. Not much of an excuse for this one.

mergatroid

If this ride was highly advanced and technical like TT was or like Grignots is, I'd agree. But it's not. And the animatronics are from 1971. Not much of an excuse for this one.

However we do need a bit of context to this report. Whilst I have no doubt that the op witnessed this (why would he make it up) we'd probably need to know how long this problem persisted before judging it. At this stage for all we know it could have been a ten minute issue that was quickly resolved rather than an Everest type issue that is a long ongoing problem. Let's see how this thread goes as I'm sure if this is a ongoing problem that we'll hear a lot more about it.

Tom Morrow

Well this takes on a whole new way for people to pick on Disney World, ride a ride looking for things to go wrong so you can post them on a Disney Web Site. That is one way to be happy in life.
We are holding the company to the standards they set in the past and the promise that they have us by charging a premium price that the attractions would be kept as high quality as possible.

When you apologize for attractions running in less than great conditions (although SDMT being new makes it a bit of an exception) you are contributing to the ongoing cheapening of the Disney Parks product.

Also with these threads, it's not so much looking for things that are wrong, but things continuously being in obvious bad or mediocre state.

If Disneyland and Universal can keep their attractions in quality presentation conditions, and WDW used to, then they can do it again.

Though you are right... I need more hobbies.

Disney Analyst

We are holding the company to the standards they set in the past and the promise that they have us by charging a premium price that the attractions would be kept as high quality as possible.

When you apologize for attractions running in less than great conditions (although SDMT being new makes it a bit of an exception) you are contributing to the ongoing cheapening of the Disney Parks product.

Also with these threads, it's not so much looking for things that are wrong, but things continuously being in obvious bad or mediocre state.

If Disneyland and Universal can keep their attractions in quality presentation conditions, and WDW used to, then they can do it again.

Though you are right... I need more hobbies.

Although we must remember the standards of the past were not able to be scrutinized on the internet as they are now. No one had the platform to be able to instantly share with the world what was wrong. I firmly believe there were likely lot's of glitches back in the day that went unnoticed because people had no reason to look for them, or share with anyone that something wasn't working. We live in a much different world now.

Tom Morrow

Although we must remember the standards of the past were not able to be scrutinized on the internet as they are now. No one had the platform to be able to instantly share with the world what was wrong. I firmly believe there were likely lot's of glitches back in the day that went unnoticed because people had no reason to look for them, or share with anyone that something wasn't working. We live in a much different world now.
I agree, however there's a difference between an effect not working for a day and being out for weeks, months, years like is common today. WDW of today commonly will take forever to fix issues, or never fix them because "most guests don't care".

I personally don't see the harm in reporting issues in threads like this, it's an attempt to hold them to their quality promise and also a way for us to see what DOES get addressed and what doesn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom