Peter's Awe-Inspiring Conquest of California on a Budget

PeterAlt

Original Poster
That's because In-N-Out is more than a hamburger joint in California. It's a way of life.
I just asked the girl working reception desk here about it and she told me she doesn't eat there because she's vegan but she had her last meal before turning vegan there. She then said a bunch of craziness about tasty sauce and something about a tiger outside. What!!!!

She said the tasty sauce is vegan and I must try it. You must understand how crazy this all sounds to me! I will now venture off to see...

PeterAlt

Original Poster
This hostel is pretty nice!

Feet are killing me from all the walking. Beach was really nice. Upset I didn't have enough time to see it. Maybe I'll get up early and go beach hoping on my way to the Long Beach Airport. Flight leaves at 4:45pm to San Francisco tomorrow. My music event is at 7pm to 2am in San Jose. Disney Family museum is at 10am Sunday. Flight back home is at 2pm that day.

Have to go to In N Out Burger and then Crystal Method performance. I've made it so far. I can do it but ooch.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I seriously do not want to leave, seriously. I may just stay and not go back to Florida. I'm not joking around!

Finding employment here is a piece of cake. I've seen so many opportunities it's not even funny! The economy is booming here and there are more jobs than qualified people wanting to work. Don't be surprised if I deliberately miss my flight. I'll have to go back and get my cats, car, everything I own, though. That's sobering to know! Ugh

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Those beach pictures look so inviting. :) The beach area looks so spacious, and not too many people there either. I wonder what the water temperature is out there. Did you see any people surfing? (When I think of CA beaches, I always envision surfers; at least that's what I've seen on tv ever since I was a kid.) Then again, I suppose there are probably specific beaches that are more noted for the big waves. The pictures you shared didn't really show any big waves, but I wasn't sure if maybe a section of the beach, perhaps way beyond your camera view, might have had larger waves.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Those beach pictures look so inviting. :) The beach area looks so spacious, and not too many people there either. I wonder what the water temperature is out there. Did you see any people surfing? (When I think of CA beaches, I always envision surfers; at least that's what I've seen on tv ever since I was a kid.) Then again, I suppose there are probably specific beaches that are more noted for the big waves. The pictures you shared didn't really show any big waves, but I wasn't sure if maybe a section of the beach, perhaps way beyond your camera view, might have had larger waves.
I didn't see anyone surfing. But, I did get there after 5pm. I'm definitely not planning on walking that distance. The beach I saw today was Santa Monica. As far south as I walked, I never even made it close to Venice Beach. To the north is Malibu. My new roommates (from Ireland) here have been here in Hollywood for two weeks so far and said they liked Malibu Beach the best of all the places they've visited so far. Malibu is north of here. It's been 90-something degrees all day today. Hot but without humidity (tolerable).

The Crystal Method concert was good but not too many people showed. Good, but not worth the $35 I paid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom