Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

Mom@disney

Day 2!

We ended up waking up SUPER early the next morning. Like, wow it's still dark out early! For some reason we thought the Magic Kingdom opened at 8 AM for Extra Magic Hours, but it turned out we had looked at the wrong day! Oh well, the alarm's went off and like I said before, no sleep in the world! I swear I wake up earlier on Disney vacations than I do for work. We got up and got ready to go!

Self-timer Haha!Such a cute little Disney family.

IMG_1917_zps45c2f9d9.jpg

Headed down to Roaring Fork from some breakfast and we were some of the only guests awake. The early bird catches the worm, or the best muffins! Muhaha..

I love that you can toast your own bagels, and take as many cream cheeses as you want. I like to overload that baby.

IMG_1918_zpsa6775d6c.jpg

We decided to walk around since we had a good hour to kill. The resort was stunning as the sun was rising. The sky's awake, so I'm awake!

As you all know, my pictures are the worst… and some of these shots look decent!

IMG_1923_zps0e9d490f.jpg

IMG_1921_zps365c312d.jpg

Just going for a morning swim.. no big deal!

IMG_1924_zps035d6c96.jpg

I think the man cleaning the pool thought I needed some help... Haha!

IMG_1925_zps24c7897a.jpg

If you get a chance to explore in the wee hours of daybreak, do it! Most of the world is missing out on the sunrise, and the wonderful morning. The Wilderness Lodge looked best at daybreak, I must say! It gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling that today was going to be another perfect day. And another scorcher!

IMG_1927_zps08b230ff.jpg

Wake up sleepyheads!

IMG_1928_zps8f712f11.jpg

Fire Rock Geyser's mist.

IMG_1930_zps9b83d962.jpg

And my friend posing on the bridge to the boat. It was a scenic walk just to the transportation sites. Ugh, Disney! You make real life seem so boring.

IMG_1929_zps715a843e.jpg

The birds were chirping to signal the beginning to our day. Wilderness Lodge even has a natural soundtrack... those were real birds I heard, right?!

:)
"The sky's awake so I'm awake" love it!!! And I adore your friends Ariel tank. I'm a big fan of Ariel! I think your pictures are great, you don't need a fancy camera to capture the magic and fun.

DisSplash

Your Disney family photo cracked me up as it looked like your friend's Pizza Planet Alien had Ariel's hair .... am I right?

I also loved your photos of WL at daybreak and glad you got that extra time to enjoy and explore the gorgeous deluxe resort, which is so hard to do when park time is so tight. Clearly your early wake-up call was meant to be! And yes, it is so much easier to rise and shine on Disney property than anywhere else!

Longers

Loved the video and can't wait for the daily dose now! And you're right you can sleep when you're home so you might as well make the most of all the time you're away.

Ariel1986

Seeeeeriously making me want to stay at Wilderness Lodge!! Awesome report of just the morning before the park! Perfect for vicariously living through this report is, so thanks! :D

ginadee

Love this TR. I remember saying in my own TR how is getting up earlier than I do at home a vacation. Disney will kick your butt. In a great way!

bmarkelon

Hahahaha! I kept wanting my Magicband to tell me what time it was too, I yelled at it the whole trip for lacking the time. Too funny. I haven't even worn a watch in years, such a weirdo!

I love resort exploring. WL is definitely gorgeous, that lobby takes your breath away. My forever true love is Grand Floridian now. You must stay there!

In other news, I'm uploading photos today, a step closer to maybe starting my report too! :cool:

PMC0849

Love the trip report so far! Making me even more anxious for my trip in less than a month. Wilderness lodge looks amazing, I will have to stay there sometime. Can't wait to hear about the cruise, my wife and I have talked about taking a Disney cruise sometime. We have never been on a cruise.

Allym146

Yaaaay! Ok, so I'm super excited to see your trip report but also sad because it means it's over for you:(. Can't wait to read the rest! Now I'm off to like all of your posts. I got so wrapped up in reading that I didn't want to stop to sign in so I could like it all!

SharonD

You gals are adorable. You captured the spirit of the Wilderness Lodge perfectly in your words and photos.

If Stacey ever retires, I think Disney should hire the two of you as replacements.

Dana Boo

Hi there! I don't post much but I read and really enjoyed your trip report last year at POFQ so I was excited to see this one. So I just have to say that Disney should pay you because I think you're giving them free publicity- I've never had a desire to stay there but you make it look and sound so amazing!!!! I'm going to drag my hubby there after breakfast at Chef Mickey's next month when we're there so we can take photos, it just looks so stunning!! We don't ever stay deluxe (still need the mod price range), but in the future who knows? Thanks for the eye candy! :)

HouCuseChickie

You guys are too funny with all of the gushing over WL :) Your room view looks very similar to what we had back when we stayed there. Fireworks from the balcony!!! I too found myself constantly checking my MB for the time. I think I had to switch wrists. Can't wait to read more!

AJ's B

Loving the report so far. We were there from the 19th to the 30th. Already having withdrawal!!!! It was extremely hot, hotter than most August trips we have taken. You really make the most of your days in the parks. I wish I had the energy to last the whole day in the park. We always go back and sit by the pool after lunch. This trip included my husband, 2 daughters, son-in-law, and 7 year old grandson. We had a blast! We also spent a day at LEGOLAND as my grandson is obsessed with Legos. It was fun, but it wasn't Disney. Can't wait to read more, especially the cruise portion of the trip. We did the Dream in 2011. Loved it!!!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
The video of your first day made me tear up! You girls looked like you were having the time of your life. Loved it! Forgot to comment on your dipping the tater tot in your mashed potatoes. I would soooo do that. You need to scrape up every last bit of the mashed potatoes, right? Why not use the tater tots :joyfull:? When I read about the Frozen Fun at HS I realized that I totally forgot to mention the snow in my TR :banghead:. Don't have any idea how I could have forgotten that. I'd heard about Disney making it snow in Florida at Christmas, but didn't realize they'd do it for Frozen. I guess I didn't have any pictures of it, but I thought I did. Maybe Allie was taking them on her phone and forgot to send them to me. Delighted that you loved Wilderness Lodge. I was afraid it would not live up to my hype. Have great weekend. Can't wait to read more of your report.

Wilderness lodge surpassed my expectations! And thank you for hyping it up, it added to my excitement. :) From one fellow carb lover to another, thanks for reading lol... glad we did a lot of the same things so we can compare throughout our reports!

"The sky's awake so I'm awake" love it!!! And I adore your friends Ariel tank. I'm a big fan of Ariel! I think your pictures are great, you don't need a fancy camera to capture the magic and fun.

Exactly! I think it you are having an amazing time, it shows in photos despite how nice the camera is! We took a lot of pictures on our phones as well, and I think they all turned out OK!

Your Disney family photo cracked me up as it looked like your friend's Pizza Planet Alien had Ariel's hair .... am I right?

I also loved your photos of WL at daybreak and glad you got that extra time to enjoy and explore the gorgeous deluxe resort, which is so hard to do when park time is so tight. Clearly your early wake-up call was meant to be! And yes, it is so much easier to rise and shine on Disney property than anywhere else!

We kept joking about the same thing with my friend's alien and Ariel's hair! It was perfect placement. I'm super glad we woke up too early, because I don't think we would have explored the resort fully if not. This extra time made it worthwhile to be at a deluxe!

Loving your trip report and you take beautiful pictures. I can't wait to read all about the rest of the trip!!

Thank you :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Loved the video and can't wait for the daily dose now! And you're right you can sleep when you're home so you might as well make the most of all the time you're away.

Exactly! Sleep is overrated in Walt Disney world! Our videos are supper cheesy and funny, but I love watching them now that I'm home :( they help get me through the day! Lol

Loving this report! Can't wait to read more. Just awesome!

Thank you!! :)

Seeeeeriously making me want to stay at Wilderness Lodge!! Awesome report of just the morning before the park! Perfect for vicariously living through this report is, so thanks! :D

Anytime!! I love your reports so I'm glad I can return the favor lol

Love this TR. I remember saying in my own TR how is getting up earlier than I do at home a vacation. Disney will kick your butt. In a great way!

Yes, Disney will get you a nice swift kick in the butt!! But I'd rather be tired when I get home than regretting something I didn't get to do!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Hahahaha! I kept wanting my Magicband to tell me what time it was too, I yelled at it the whole trip for lacking the time. Too funny. I haven't even worn a watch in years, such a weirdo!

I love resort exploring. WL is definitely gorgeous, that lobby takes your breath away. My forever true love is Grand Floridian now. You must stay there!

In other news, I'm uploading photos today, a step closer to maybe starting my report too! :cool:

Yay yay!! Upload away!! I'd love to stay at wilderness lodge during Christmas, it's just so gorgeous!! But I must get to them all eventually lol

Love the trip report so far! Making me even more anxious for my trip in less than a month. Wilderness lodge looks amazing, I will have to stay there sometime. Can't wait to hear about the cruise, my wife and I have talked about taking a Disney cruise sometime. We have never been on a cruise.

The cruise was awesome!! I'm so jealous you get to visit so soon!!

Yaaaay! Ok, so I'm super excited to see your trip report but also sad because it means it's over for you:(. Can't wait to read the rest! Now I'm off to like all of your posts. I got so wrapped up in reading that I didn't want to stop to sign in so I could like it all!

Thank you!! My post Disney depression is pretty bad this go around so the report is helping, can't believe my trip is over waaaaa

You gals are adorable. You captured the spirit of the Wilderness Lodge perfectly in your words and photos.

If Stacey ever retires, I think Disney should hire the two of you as replacements.

Oh please tell Disney that!! I would love her job lol!

Hi there! I don't post much but I read and really enjoyed your trip report last year at POFQ so I was excited to see this one. So I just have to say that Disney should pay you because I think you're giving them free publicity- I've never had a desire to stay there but you make it look and sound so amazing!!!! I'm going to drag my hubby there after breakfast at Chef Mickey's next month when we're there so we can take photos, it just looks so stunning!! We don't ever stay deluxe (still need the mod price range), but in the future who knows? Thanks for the eye candy! :)

Thanks for your sweet reply! I hope you enjoy wilderness lodge as much as I did.. It's truly beautiful. We had a pin code so got the room at a discount, other wise I don't know if we could afford it! I'm so glad it worked out! Thanks for reading :)

You guys are too funny with all of the gushing over WL :) Your room view looks very similar to what we had back when we stayed there. Fireworks from the balcony!!! I too found myself constantly checking my MB for the time. I think I had to switch wrists. Can't wait to read more!

They should make it a watch lol, it totally feels like one!

Loving the report so far. We were there from the 19th to the 30th. Already having withdrawal!!!! It was extremely hot, hotter than most August trips we have taken. You really make the most of your days in the parks. I wish I had the energy to last the whole day in the park. We always go back and sit by the pool after lunch. This trip included my husband, 2 daughters, son-in-law, and 7 year old grandson. We had a blast! We also spent a day at LEGOLAND as my grandson is obsessed with Legos. It was fun, but it wasn't Disney. Can't wait to read more, especially the cruise portion of the trip. We did the Dream in 2011. Loved it!!!!!

I loved the dream too!! And it was crazy hot! I don't think I've ever felt so sticky and disgusting in my life lol... Oh we'll I guess that's what happens when you spend twelve plus hours in the sweltering humidity of Florida! Glad you had a good trip!

Ohhhh noooooo, you're back already? I'm so sad for you but so happy for me because your TR is started!!!!

I am sad for me too!! I want to go back! :( :(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We still had time before we hopped on the boat to MK. Did you know there’s a boat right to my castle? How convenient is that! Wilderness Lodge and it's amenities, I don't know how anywhere else will compare!

We stopped back at our room, well just because we could. We were staying here! I think the fact still hadn’t sunk in. We were at a Magic Kingdom resort, our dreams had come true!

The lovely room of 6010… may all who enter here enjoy it!

IMG_1943_zpsb4629ebd.jpg

I loved the teepee detail in the wood of the door… and I take pictures of EVERYTHANG. EVERYTHANG? EVERYTHANG. Sorry!

Walk into my teepee :)
IMG_1944_zps22245e41.jpg

This was the daytime view of the castle from our balcony. Don’t worry I’m coming!!

IMG_1945_zps739afc95.jpg

This is me, in shock of my view. I could not, for the life of me, get a picture to focus on my face and the castle in the background. Oh well, you will just have to believe me!

IMG_1949_zps90097644.jpg

We made our way down the boat deck, just in time to be whisked away to our castle. It was perfect timing. We got lucky!

And then, drum roll please. The moment I had been waiting for!

IMG_1950_zps12cdaf9b.jpg

IMG_1951_zpsfdab8c95.jpg

IMG_1952_zps02355a4f.jpg

We were here! The most magical place on earth….is here! Magic Kingdom! The land where you enter your childhood, no matter what age you may be. We donned our tiaras with pride! I blushed when the bag checker said “Good morning, Princess!” Oh how I’ve missed being called by my appropriate title. :)

We kept joking the my friend was wearing a "Pirate Ariel" tank, because her purse strap constantly covered one of her eyes! Poor mermaid!

The welcome show began and we were singing and dancing along. I must admit, my eyes welled up with tears but I was able to control myself. This is a big feat for an overly emotional princess like myself :) I had to pinch myself multiple times. I wasn’t here looking at pictures on the forum, I wasn't reading someone else's trip report, I wasn’t watching a YouTube video, this was my real life! AH!!!

IMG_1955_zps22b2a0cc.jpg

And look who decided to follow us to MK?

IMG_1957_zps3469015d.jpg

Anna and Elsa, you shouldn’t have! All the little girls, and myself, screeched with joy when we saw them coming on the train! Oh let the emotions go! Let it flow!

I had extreme goose bumps when Mickey and Minnie started waving. I swear, those waves were directly to me. Directly to my sou. It was all started by a mouse. Such a handsome mouse Mickey is!

IMG_1966_zps149e5974.jpg

We had arrived! The second wonderful Disney day was underway!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom