The case of the magically disappearing FP+

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
Anyone ever have their FP+ selections disappear on them? We've been battling disappearing FP+ ever since we booked them the minute it became available. My sister and I were so impressed with ourselves that we were able to book every single attraction that we wanted and even at really good times. Then we noticed about a week and a half ago that all of our FP+ for one of the days disappeared. We even lost one of the ADRs for that day. It took us forever to get things straightened out and we were never able to get 7DMT back. I will be supremely ed if I get there and can't ride that. Then, a few days later some more FP+ on another day switched themselves around and the MDE site showed us having 6 FP+ in "Disney World" (but its really DHS attractions) and 6 FP+ in Epcot and 6 FP+ in MK at the same time. Our lunch ADR deleted itself and 3 different dinner ADRs magically booked themselves for 3 restaurants in Epcot. Seriously weird. The site wouldn't let us fix those FPs on our own and my sister spent over an hour on the phone with tech support trying to fix it. The CM on the phone claims this happens all the time. He couldn't get most of our times and attractions back to what they had been. Instead he gave us "placeholder" FP+ for random attractions and times in the park we are actually going to be in and said he made a note on our account. We have to go to Guest Relations that day and they will help us. He was vague about what that "help" would consist of. I don't know if they are going to give us those magical passes that let X amount of people on X amount of rides no questions asked or since this "happens all the time" that there is some other protocol in place. Just wondering if anyone else had stuff like this happen. My sister and I used FP+ this past February and didnt have any problems with our reservations. We hated the whole idea of FP+ but we mercifully didnt run into any glitchy stuff at least.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I had all of mine disappear, but when I went to book again, Morgan had all the ones I'd booked for both of us. So I just copied his to be mine and we're fine.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
I had all of mine disappear, but when I went to book again, Morgan had all the ones I'd booked for both of us. So I just copied his to be mine and we're fine.
It would have been nice if that was the case for us. The first day that disappeared was a MK day. We were able to salvage that one minus 7 dwarf train. The same CM who said "this happens all the time" put a note on our account for that day too. So now we have to make two completely unnecessary trips to Guest Relations to have things straightened out. Fun times ahead.

sjhym333

You can always print a copy of your FP+ times when you make them and hold onto that for proof. I find that CM's are very accommodating since the app seems to get wonky at times. I will say that I have had that happen to me and eventually everything seems to reappear.

Dwarful

yes. I highly recommend printing out your FP+times. When we went May 31 - June 8th. all three days we had 7DMT the ride was down during our FP time. two times we reentered the FP line with no trouble. Third time we had to show that paper fp to the young jerk of a CM or we weren't getting in that FP line. long story, but because of that I will forever print my FP reservation information if for no other reason than peace of mind.

ABQ

You can always print a copy of your FP+ times when you make them and hold onto that for proof. I find that CM's are very accommodating since the app seems to get wonky at times. I will say that I have had that happen to me and eventually everything seems to reappear.
I often wonder, with the print out practice being accepted by CM's, what's to stop a nefarious user from booking 3 FP+'s, printing a copy, then selecting 3 new FP+ experiences and using their band to access those. Essentially getting 6 FP's, provided CM's allow use of the printed copy for half?
Disclaimer, I have never done or tried this, or plan to.

docdebbi

I often wonder, with the print out practice being accepted by CM's, what's to stop a nefarious user from booking 3 FP+'s, printing a copy, then selecting 3 new FP+ experiences and using their band to access those. Essentially getting 6 FP's, provided CM's allow use of the printed copy for half?
Disclaimer, I have never done or tried this, or plan to.

obviously i have never tried this nor would I. but your magic band would be encoded with the three newest FP you made. a CM would be able to see this and hopefully know you are full of baloney and not accept the paper print out.

coltow

They have never shown up correctly on my iphone app. There are 7 of us traveling together and it will say for example FP for 3. On web site and ipad app everything is fine so today I took screen shots off ipad and have those on my phone now just in case there's any issues when we arrive in ONE WEEK

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
We had some more problems the other night. Our FP+ for one day reassigned themselves to another park for no apparent reason. For example, we had 10:30am FP for Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS. Now we magically have a 10:30am FP for Nemo at AK. We aren't even going to AK that day. We were able to get all the attractions back to the originally planned park but the times are all weird now. Very spread out through the day which is annoying . I purposely tried to cram all the FP+ into the morning so that we would have more time to pick up extra FPs. I am so frustrated with this entire process. I have vowed to not look at the freaking site again. I need to get through the next week without any more drama from a freaking website. It has taken up WAY too much of my time as it is.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
We've been on property for a few days now and the problems have continued. On multiple occasions we've showed up to an attraction or dining location only to find out that the MM+ system has deleted or rearranged another reservation on us. It's very frustrating. Fortunately the crowds are very light so we've been able to do standby or negotiate our way into the attraction by showing screen shots of what our reservation was *supposed *to be. If we ever here at a much busier time we would be screwed.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
What does guest services at your hotel say about all that?
The hotel couldn't do much. They referred us to guest services in whatever park we are having a problem in. MK guest relations has been the best so far. They fixed our missing 7Dwarf mine train FP because we had a note on our acct about it from weeks ago. They also loaded two FPs that could be used anywhere anytime for the MK to help with all the trouble we have had. Epcot was of little help yesterday when our maelstrom FP disappeared. We just went standby bc it was only 25 minutes. When our Rose and Crown adr disappeared the CMs at the restaurant just found us a place on the patio. DHS helped us with our missing dining reservation for lunch today. They couldn't get us the same time but just stuck us in when the restaurant opened at 11. There hasn't been a major disaster yet but mainly because the parks are really empty. I am legitimately afraid to think of how this would all be if it was busy.

afar28

Hasn't happened to me, thankfully but I'm sorry it's happened to you. I did take screenshots though just in case

CAPTAIN HOOK

Having just got to grips with understanding how the new FP+ system works, I'm a little uneasy about any of my bookings disappearing as well. Thankfully, I've got 10 months for the system to iron out its problems before I get around to booking. Lets hope its just a small snag in the operating software and they sort it soon

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
Made another discovery while waiting for dinner tonight that our FP for Big Thunder for 5 people somehow split itself. The system shows 3 of us riding Big Thunder and 2 going on Splash Mountain. Same window of time. Two completely different rides. We've never even had a FP for Splash this entire trip. I give up.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
We survived the week. Enjoying life at Vero Beach sans Magic Band now. It was definitely an adventure with all the FP and ADR drama. Wasn't my first time using MDE either. I sincerely hope I never have another trip like this. Based on some of the tantrums I saw at Guest Relations we were in much better shape than many others. I feel very bad for all the CMs dealing with this on a daily basis. Nothing that happened on my trip was enough to really matter in the grand scheme of things. The CMs don't have the option of just moving on with their day because there's a constant parade of people waiting to yell at them for something they have no control over.

BWK05

Wow sorry to hear about your problems. We were there 6/5/ to 6/17 this year and had no problems with either FPs or ADRs but there was only 3 of us, maybe it works better with smaller groups.

DisneyXmas

Wow what a nightmare. I just got back home today, had been there since the 22nd. I have to say I was pretty impressed overall with FP+ and the bands. In February we hardly used them but this trip no problems. Moved ride times around, changed rides on one of my extra's for the mine train when I found it available. For rides it seemed to work best in magic as we used 10 fast passes in 5 hrs one day and 14 on Wednesday from 1230 until 9 with probably 5 or 6 other 5 minute or less wait times. It almost sounds like ur acct is hacked, try setting up a new acct before the next trip and see what happens. Good luck

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom