Best DTD restaurants with kids

JIMINYCR

Depends on what your kids like and would be attracted to. T- Rex is my preference but DS was a dino fanatic. Rainforest is the next entertaining one for kids if thats your intent. Others serve good food and have entertainment but arent as appealing/exciting for the younger kids.

FitzherbertFreak

I would definitely choose to eat a T-Rex Cafe over Rain Forest Cafe. I prefer the restaurants atmosphere and food much better! I'm not sure if you're open to the idea, but there are a couple of resorts that you can either walk to or take the boat to from Downtown Disney (minus the typical bus route). Those resorts you can get to from Downtown Disney quickly, and in my opinion, those resorts have some great restaurant options.

Weather_Lady

We enjoyed Raglan Road with our kids -- for dinner, while the step-dancing was going on (we requested a seat in the main dining room and were placed between the main stage and the tabletop stage, so the action was going on all around us). It kept our then-4-and-6-year-olds entertained, but was so loud that we didn't have to worry about the kids disturbing anyone if they got boisterous, either.

Disneydreamer23

t rex 100 % I love it the atmosphere is amazing and Idk if where you live there is a rainforest cafe, but there is one by me and I like to change it up while in the wORLD!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
My kids and my young at heart wife both love the theming at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe as well. With some forewarning and expectation management I think a child of 4 could. E ok with the effects in both restaraunts. You can also request, though there aren't any guarantees, to get a certain section or farther away from something that may appear frightening . For what it's worth I've never seen a child have a negative reaction or seem scared from these restaraunts.

DizneyPryncess

T-Rex & Rainforest would be my choices as well. I prefer the food at Rainforst, but my husband prefers T-Rex. We usually hit both, or at least one. We took our daughter when she was 2.5 to T-Rex and she loved it. I think 4 years old would be fine, but it definitely depends on each child. :)

Courtney6682

My SIL suggested t-rex at DTD, any other recommendations, tthanks!
My kids LOVED 50's prime time in DHS...they were 13 11 and 7 at the time...we had such a good time! Chef Mickey's is a must if they are young...I forgot how much of a circus that place is tho...we skipped it for the last 10 yrs because my daughter is now 14...just be ready to do more picture taking than eating ;)

If you're only looking for DTD sugesstions...then my vote would be Rainforest

Wildflower

How scary are the dinos at t-rex? I'd like to take DS next September, he'll be 4 by then, is it too soon?
Depends on his temperament really... one of mine was great with it at 3, the other not so much at same age. They don't move around much - similar to Rainforest Cafe with things "happening" on a schedule of sorts. A lot of really cool stuff for him to look at though.

sophie_the_pooh

Thanks for the advices! My son was a little scared of the thunderstorm at Rainforest Cafe last April, but he was only 2 1/2 then. He will be 4 when we go back to WDW Sept.2015, I think I will give T-Rex a try, since he is already a dino fan...!

Bparso87

The food at trex is better then rainforest but both are not great but my kids have to do trex every year. They liked staying in the ice cave. My kids also love earl of sandwich.

Dad 2 M & M

Is there REALLY much difference between Rainforest and T-Rex? Same parent corp....been to Rainforest at AK as well as Nashville and was not impressed enough to return. Just wondering about T-Rex and the difference.........

Bparso87

Is there REALLY much difference between Rainforest and T-Rex? Same parent corp....been to Rainforest at AK as well as Nashville and was not impressed enough to return. Just wondering about T-Rex and the difference.........
Atmosphere wise try r the same but I think the food is better at TRex not by much don't think u r getting a gourmet meal but it is better food

Dad 2 M & M

Atmosphere wise try r the same but I think the food is better at TRex not by much don't think u r getting a gourmet meal but it is better food
Thanks...heard the steaks were better at Ts but didn't about the rest of offerings......don't hit DTD much when down, so haven't made much of an effort to check this place out....

Bparso87

Thanks...heard the steaks were better at Ts but didn't about the rest of offerings......don't hit DTD much when down, so haven't made much of an effort to check this place out....
I wouldn't call it a hidden gem but it is solid for the price it might be tough to find a better restaurant for the cost we paid 67 dollars for a family of 4 I have paid that much for a quick service and desserts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom