fastpass and child turning 13

Kgoulash

Original Poster
i'm planning an upcoming trip and just researching right now. i've haven't used the new magic band/fast pass+ yet, but on Disney's website i see you link children under 13 by creating an account for him/her under an adult's profile and children 13+ have their own accounts. my question is, at 60 days out if i make fast pass reservations my oldest will be 12, but before we will get there he will turn 13, will this mess up any fast passes made?
will i make him a minor account, add his fastpass and then those will transfer to him once he turns 13 and creates his own account?
is this making any sense or am i not understanding the system correctly?
please help
thanks!

Rob562

Exactly as @RandomPrincess said.

Age 13 is simply the *minimum* age to be able to have your own MDE/Disney account. It's not required. I'm going on a trip in a couple months with 6 other adults. At the moment only one of them has their own MDE account. The others are "managed by me" even though they're adults.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
There are laws restricting the use of websites and web accounts by children under 13, which is why Disney doesn't allow it. Just set him up under your account, and leave him like that for however long you want. Some day, he can have his own account, and you can re-link him as a family member. Just don't make that change while you have any active bookings, or it will mess up all the links.

Rob562

There are laws restricting the use of websites and web accounts by children under 13, which is why Disney doesn't allow it. Just set him up under your account, and leave him like that for however long you want. Some day, he can have his own account, and you can re-link him as a family member. Just don't make that change while you have any active bookings, or it will mess up all the links.

Actually, it's even easier than that. All the master account holder has to do is click on the "Invite to Plan and Share" button next to their name in their Friends & Family list and enter their email address. The person will get an email, they follow the link, set up their account and when they're done all info, reservations, Magic Bands, etc carry over automatically. Did this with one person in my group already.

-Rob

rt06

You can sign him up so he can view the itinerary if it makes him happy. Just don't give any planning privileges.

Rob562

You can sign him up so he can view the itinerary if it makes him happy. Just don't give any planning privileges.

If someone has their own account, I'm not sure there is a way to *not* give them planning privileges, unless that's a specific option when you're dealing with someone who is a child (which I've never worked with on FP+).

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom