99 Cent On-Ride Pics (Splash/Screamin')

dweezil78

Original Poster
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but it seems like for a limited time test you can get digital on-ride pics from both Splash Mountain or California Screamin' for just .99 when you have the pic sent directly to mobile (via SMS) or email. Looks like they're finally trying to do something about the hordes of people who'd rather snap blurry pics with their phones than pay for the high-priced photo (physical or digital).

Not sure how long they've been doing this, but there are CMs with tablets when you wait in the photo line who can complete the transaction right there in just a minute or two. Was a really smooth process and I was happy to pay the $.99. Doubtful they'll keep that price when they (hopefully) move to this system, but I think they'll move high enough volume as many guests wouldn't even bat an eye for such an affordable photo they can get quickly.

TP2000

Interesting!

I too have wondered how long they will stick with the current setup of trying to sell $20 printouts at the little exit shops of Splash Mountain, Radiator Springs Racers, Screamin', Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, etc. Meanwhile all the kids snap free pics on their phones of their preview photos and ignore the sales desk.

That business model seems stuck in 1995. About time they tried to update the business to the 2010's.

sponono88

Here's a photo tweeted by @TheDLGazette

BwPZJbdCEAA8w3n.jpg

https://twitter.com/thedlgazette/status/505486339475652609

dweezil78

Original Poster
thats awesome, they should definitely do this on all the rides in DL and WDW instead of just the expensive photograph. i never buy those bc of the costs and honestly what am i going to do with them? a digital version would be cool bc u could send it to friends, family, social media, ect

You could get digital version for a while via the Photopass, but it was still super overpriced and clunky with having to go thru their website.

It's interesting, I did not see the bit about the txt'ing to a # to get your pic. That makes it even easier or more of an impulse buy decision. For my pic on Splash, the photo instructs you to 'See a Cast Member.' Not sure if this is a new addition, or only available on Screamin' and I just happened to miss it.

teacherlady19

If this sticks around, I'd be happy to buy them at a low price. That $20 rate was just too expensive! We did that ONCE, on our first ride on Splash Mountain about 20 years ago, and I still have it. I tried taking a picture of the screenshot like others, on our trip last summer, but that wasn't satisfactory either. For $1, anywhere up to about $3, I'd buy it!

Donna

eastvillage

Can anyone confirm if this promotion is still happening? If so, what is/are the recent price/s? I'll be there Thursday and Friday and would love to take advantage of this...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom