A New Resort Idea... (Help&Thoughts Always Welcomed)

tcool

Original Poster
Before I joined I was handwriting ideas of a new Disney Resort in Greece I came up with. And at the moment there would be 3 phases I could think of. And in thoose 3 phases will be 5 hotels,2 hotels and an unnamed DtD area. With out further ado this is what I have thought about the hardest so far and typed on my Computer.

Disneyland Greece Resort

Phase 1:

Disney Park Greece –

Walt Street: A mix of Buena Vista Street, Main Street USA and Walt Disney’s Movies/Shorts.

Mythopia: Where Ancient Greek and myths of old come to life.

Mystic Point: A mix of Mystic Point and Adventureland.

Enchantia: Fantasyland with a whole new name.

Critter Country: Basically Critter Country with Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride instead of Splash Mountain.

Retro Space: Tommorowland with a whole new name.

Disney’s Sorcery Resort –

Moderate Resort

Peter Pan/Tinker Bell Area

Fantasia Area

800 Rooms: 400 Rooms are Fantasia. 400 Rooms are Peter Pan/Tinker Bell.

Disney’s Jungle Resort–

Moderate Resort

Jungle Book Area

Lion King Area

Tarzan Area

801 Rooms: 237 are Jungle Book, 237 are Lion King, and 237 are Tarzan.

Disney’s Hollywood Resort –

Value Resort

Relive the Hollywood that always will be but never was.

900 Rooms

Phase 2:

DtD Area - will be the same size as Disney Village in Disneyland Paris.

Phase 3:

Disney’s Spirit of Adventure Park –

Port Discovery: A mixture of elements found in Tokyo Disneysea

Disaster City: Marvel.

Pixar Bay: Majority of Pixar Films.

The Lost Island: Jungle Book, Lion King, Tarzan, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid in one land.

Pirates Cove: Treasure Cove mixed with Adventure Land

Tattoine: Star Wars.

Disney’s Beachside Resort –

Deluxe Resort

Rooms will be themed to Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo/Dory, and POTC

Exterior of rooms will look like this:

buc_400.jpg

360 Suites and 40 Rooms at Beachside Tower (10 Rooms per Floor)

120 Suites with touches of The Little Mermaid, 120 Suites with touches of Finding Nemo / Dory, 120 Suites with touches of POTC, 40 Standard Beachy Rooms.

Disney’s Rock’n’Roll Resort –

Value Resort

800 Rooms

Themed to the Ages of Rock’n’Roll

Other Additions:

Wonderland Resort -

Value Resort

600 Rooms

Themed to Loony world of Wonderland

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Is Greece really such a good place to put a multi-park resort?
What's next, Disney Uganda?
Really? Greece is at the heart of Western Civilization. No one said globalization would be easy, Greece is an example of it. The Greek economy is not strong enough or diverse enough to be successful like Germany or England. That still should not exclude them from getting fantastic resorts.

I think Greece would be perfect. Maybe Athens?

Sam Magic

*Sigh* no I think Rio or Austrailia might be better but I'm Iffy on those.
I would say Rio, Sydney or Melbourne. Then again Brisbane or Gold Coast would be good options too. To be honest I think Sydney and Melbourne are too cosmopolitan to host such a resort, but they still are go to destinations. Brisbane and Gold Coast get most of their tourism during Schoolies...that alone would make a resort there a rather bad investment. So yes Sydney or Melbourne would be your best shots, but it's nice to ponder what Brisbane or Gold Coast could bring to the table

tcool

Original Poster
Really? Greece is at the heart of Western Civilization. No one said globalization would be easy, Greece is an example of it. The Greek economy is not strong enough or diverse enough to be successful like Germany or England. That still should not exclude them from getting fantastic resorts.

I would say Rio, Sydney or Melbourne. Then again Brisbane or Gold Coast would be good options too. To be honest I think Sydney and Melbourne are too cosmopolitan to host such a resort, but they still are go to destinations. Brisbane and Gold Coast get most of their tourism during Schoolies...that alone would make a resort there a rather bad investment. So yes Sydney or Melbourne would be your best shots, but it's nice to ponder what Brisbane or Gold Coast could bring to the table
But the more I think about the more Rio starts to appeal more because majority of South/Central America speak Spanish. And Brazil being the only one with Portuguese as their main language there will be fewer language barriers than if it was in Europe. The problem with Australia it would really only be Oceania coming which I might be wrong but it is less than Central/South America.

Voxel

President of Progress City

As much as I love Greece there is an honest lake of space for a massive past, esp. with Archeologist taken more and more residential land. The land they do have is needed for agriculture. Over all though I love Greece .

tcool

Original Poster
So here's my ideas of the restaurants and stores for Disneyland Rio Resort's Hotels/Resorts

Restaurants:

· Hours Café – European (Character Meal)(Table Service)

Breakfast – Peter Pan, Wendy, Mr. Smee, & Captain Hook (6:30 -11:00)

Lunch – Tinker Bell, Vidia , Terence, Seasonal Fairy (11:30 – 4:00)

Seasonal Fairies – Fawn (Fall), Periwinkle (Winter), Rosetta or Silvermist (Spring), Iridesa or Zarina (Summer)

Once the Fairies lose popularity they will be replaced with the 3 good fairies from Sleeping Beauty and the Blue Fairy from Pinnicioh. Tinker Bell will be moved to where the waiting room is/ where you get in she will be there for Breakfast and Lunch. During dinner Madame Upanova will be meetable instead.

Dinner – Sorcerer Mickey, Yensid, Ben Ali Gator, Hyacinth Hippo (5:00 – 10:00)

· Neverland Plaza – English(Quick Service) Themed to Never Land.

Stores:

Carnival of the Animals – Themed to Fantasia 2000’s Carnival of the Animals

Tink’s Nook – Themed to the Disney Fairies Franchise

Disney’s Jungle Resort–

Restaurants:

· King Louie’s Temple – Indian and African(Character)(Table Service)

Breakfast- King Louie, Baloo, Mowgli (6:30 -11:00)

Safari Mickey will be meetable in waiting room/ where you get in.

Lunch- Timon, Rafiki, Safari Mickey

Dinner- Tarzan, Jane, Terk

Safari Mickey will be meetable in waiting room/ where you get in.

· Rafiki’s Tree – African (Quick Service). Themed to the inside of Rafiki’s Tree will be on the Second Floor of the Lion King Section Building.

Stores:

· The Buzzard’s Nest themed to Buzzie, Flaps, Ziggy and Dizzy from the Jungle Book.

· Porter Trading Post themed to Trashin’ the Camp from Tarzan.

Value

Relive the Hollywood that always will be but never was.

1100 Rooms

Restaurants:

· Stars Hall – American. Will be decorated with pictures of Hollywood Stars new and old. (Quick Service)

Stores:

· Award Boutique – Will be themed to the Golden Globes, Annies, and Oscar Ceremonies.

Deluxe

Rooms will be themed to Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo/Dory, and POTC

600 Rooms 9 Suites

300 and 3 will be LM, 300 and 3 will be FN/D, and 300 and 3 will be POTC

Restaurants:

· Sea Life Bistro– Seafood (Table Service) Eat Seafood surrounded by decorations of the Sea. (Conch Shells, Coral, Fish)

· Victoria and Victor’s – Same Menu & Décor as Victoria & Albert’s (Table Service)

· Umbrella Shine – Bar (Counter Service) Will be located near the pool.

· Bayside Café – Same menu and décor as Beaches & Cream Soda Shop and there will be Dolewhip.(Quick Service)

Stores:

· Gifts of the Sea – Themed to Sea

· The Atlantis – Themed to Atlantis

Restaurants:

· Guitar Hall – American.

Stores:

· Rocker’s Paradise – Themed to Famous Rock’n’Roll Bands

Last edited:

tcool

Original Poster
Here's the ideas for recreation at the hotels.

Recreation:

· The Apprentice Pool - Themed to the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. There will be a magic broom, bucket, and book water play area. Along with this the pool will be shaped into a quarter note. There will be a water slide that goes through the Sorcerer’s Hat from DHS.

· Lost Boys Arcade – Themed to the Lost Boys from Peter Pan.

· Firebird Spa & Sauna – Themed to the Firebird from Fantasia 2000

Disney’s Jungle Resort–

Recreation:

· Colonel Hathi’s Elephant Pool – Themed to the Colonel Hathi and his troop from The Jungle Book. The water play area will be themed to the elephants, trees, and plants.

· Hyena Spa and Sauna – Themed to Be Prepared from The Lion King

· Camp Base Arcade – Themed to Trashin’ the Camp from the Tarzan

Recreation:

· Celebrity Pool – In a shape of a star.

· Film Reel Arcade – Themed to classic Hollywood Movies.

Recreation:

· Coral Pool – Themed to the wonders of a Coral Reef. There will be touches from Finding Nemo/Dory and The Little Mermaid.

· Palms Spa & Sauna – Themed to a Tropical Jungle.

· Tropical Arcade – Themed to a Tropical Jungle with elements of POTC.

. Ahoy Gym - Themed to pirates in general with a sense of a beachy theme as well

· The Boardwalk – There will be a Ferris Wheel that would hold 30 people and will cost $1.50 to ride per person. There will be stalls as well that sells Disney Merch and Hotel Exclusive Merch as well. Hotel Guests will be aloud to get in line to meet Ariel and Sebastian.

. Walking Path to The Lake Marketplace

Recreation:

· Electric Arcade – Themed to Electric Guitars.

· String Pool – In the shape of an Electric Guitar.

Thoughts and/or comments?

Last edited:

tcool

Original Poster
The first actual descriptive post not about the hotel.

Disney Park Greece–

Walt Street: A mix of Buena Vista Street, Main Street USA and Walt Disney’s Movies/Shorts.

Restaurants:

A. Mickey’s (Character Meal) (Buffet) – will be themed to Mickey and Freinds

• Breakfast-Dinner Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie Mouse

B. Tony’s Town Square Bistro (Table Service) (Italian) – Themed to Bella Notte from Lady and the Tramp.

C. Malt's Shop (Quick Service) (American & Ice Cream) – Themed to All the Cats Join In from Melody Time. Ice Cream Parlor Sponsored by Bluebell

D. Blake’s (Table Service) (American & Ice Cream) – Themed to 1960’s Sans Francisco. Ice Cream Sponsored by Bluebell

Stores:

a) Gepetto’s Workshop – Themed to Gepetto’s Workshop In Pinnicioh

b) Animator’s Pallet – 3 Rooms each will have a different room.
  • Entry Room: Will be themed to Steamboat Willie. In the center Mickey(Black&White) (Animatronic) will be steering a steering wheel and will be whistling Turkey In the Straw. Room will be black&white and to keep up with theme all merch must be black and white. Cast Members here will have to where black and white clothes, a grey wig (girls with a hat like Minnies) and powdered grey dust on their face to match the theming here.
  • Dumbo Room: Dumbo (animatronic) will be going up and down as if he was flying in the center of the room. Room overall will have an overall Circus feel to it.
  • 101 Dalmatians : Pongo and Perdita will be in the center of the room looking around and barking occasionally. In another part of the room Cruella’s room will be inside as it crashed through the wall. Clothing will be inside Cruella’s Car
c) Melody Corner – Themed to Melody Time. Will sell music themed merch.

Attractions:

1. Walt Street Theater – Now in Theaters Steamboat Willie! Have a chance to meet some stars of the cartoons.

2. Imagination! – Daily at 3:00. Lasts 45 Minutes.(Parade)

3. Illuminsence – Nightly at 8:00. Lasts 45 Minutes.(Parade)

4. Walt Disney Garden – An area dedicated to Walt Disney (Including a new statue of him shaking his hands with Mickey).

Meet and Greets:

In the center of Walt Street -

i. Pluto and Daisy Duck 9:30 – 11:30 AM

ii. Jose Caricoa and Panchito 12:00 – 2:00 PM

iii. Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar 5:00 – 7:00 PM

In front of Gepetto’s Workshop –

iv. Pinnicioh. Rare: Gepetto or Jiminy Cricket. 10:00-12:00 AM 12:30-3:00 PM

Food Carts:
  • Sweet Tooths - Serves candy and other sweet treats.
  • Garden Poppers - Serves Popcorn
  • The Firehouse Truck - Serves BBQ items freshly cooked.

Last edited:

tcool

Original Poster
Second descriptive post about the lands from the them parks.

Mythopia: Where Ancient Greek and myths of old come to life.

Restaurants:

A. Aphrodite’s Courtyard – (Greek)(Table Service) Eat outdoors near a beautiful fountain featuring Aphrodite.

B. Demeter’s Marketplace – (Sandwiches&Fruit) (Counter Service) Visit the Marketplace and Purchase some Sandwiches and Fruit courtesy of Demeter.

Stores:

a) Dionysus’s Vine Yard – Buy Mythtopia exclusive merch, wine, Grapes, and Disney Merch

Attractions:

1. Olympus Mountainn (Steel Coaster) – Standby, Single Rider, and Fastpasses are available. Cronus has returned and he sets to retake Mt. Olympus. Unluckily the guests are gods for the day and are Cronus’s way and there’s only way out…through the Underworld.

2. The Messengers (Simulator) – Standby and Fastpasses are available. Hermes invites guests to become honorary Messengers of the Gods! This ride will be like Star Tours as the ride will always be random. Using a selection of random gods. (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hera, Aphrodite, Demeter, Apollo, and Dionysus) Something will go wrong Hydra Attack, Cerberus Attack, Giant Attack Sea Monster Attack, etc.

3. Pegasus Flyers (Dumbo Spinner) – Standby is Available. Ride Pegasus’s Friends to the heights of Greece!

Meet and Greets:

Near Pegasus Flyers –

i. Hercules with Megara

Thoughts and/or Comments?

tcool

Original Poster
Mystic Point: A mix of Mystic Point and Adventureland.

Restaurants:

G. Tiki Terrace – (Same Menu as MK counterpart and Dolewhip)(Counter Service)Next to The Tiki Room.

H. Mystic Cave – (European)(Table Service) You will be dinning around crystals that slowly change color, stalactites and stalagmites, and pools of water with little waterfalls.

Stores:

e) Lord Henry’s Bizarre Trinkets – Lord Henry has nicely set up a quick store for the guests of Mystic Manor’s pleasure. You can purchase trinkets and objects themed to objects around the world and Mystic Manor itself.

Attractions:

8. Mystic Manor – Standby, Single Rider, and Fastpass available. Join Lord Henry and Albert as you discover the mysteries of Mystic Manor.

9. Lord Henry’s Tiki Room – Standby is available. Visit Lord Henry’s curious discovery of self-singing Fauna and Flora in this musical 7 minute wonder.

Thoughts and/or Comments?

Also I will go into specifics once all the lands for this park are more laid out.

tcool

Original Poster
So this is Enchantia which I changed as too open in 2 phases and I also moved Mary Poppins and Bert to here as well.
Restaurants:

I. Be Our Guest (French)(Table Service) Dine inside the Beast’s Castle and experience the magic of this Parisian Castle.
J. Elsa’s Palace (Norwegian) (Table Service) (Character Meal) Dine inside Ice Queen’s Palace with an encounter with the Queen herself and some of her friends.
Breakfast-Dinner Characters : Kristoff, Anna, Olaf, and Elsa
K. The Snuggly Duckling (American) (Quick Service) Dine at the highly praised Snuggly Duckling with today only the criminally good piano player Vladimir.
L. Fantasia Plaza (American) (Quick Service) Eat inside the regal and ornate Fantasia Plaza founded by none other the Mr.Yensid himself!

Phase 2:
M. The Corner Bakery (British Pastries) (Quick Service) Grab a fresh and soft hot pastry baked just for you at The Corner Bakery.

Stores:
f) Bonjour! Gifts – French Disney Movie Merch sold here.
g) Neverland Landing – Peter Pan Merch sold here.
h) The Magic Stock – Standard Fantasyland Merch sold here.
i) Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post – Frozen and Standard Fantasyland Merch sold here.

Phase 2:
j) Cherry Tree Lane – Will be much like the current Cherry Tree Lane existing.

Attractions:
  1. The Beast’s Castle (Walkthrough)(Meet’n’Greet)(Park Icon) – Discover how and why the Beast is the way he is.
  2. Snow White’s Scary Adventure (Dark Ride) Standby is available. Live the magic of Walt Disney’s Classic Snow White and the 7 Dwarves.
  3. The Royal Inn (Meet and Greet) Standby is available. Visit some of Disney’s Finest Royal Members.
  4. The Tinker’s Nook – Standby is available. Meet Tinker Bell in her own home.
  5. Peter Pan’s Flight (Dark Ride) Standby and Fastpasses are available. Go on an Adventure with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys over the skies.
  6. It’s A Small World(Dark Boat Ride) Standby is available. Board the world’s happiest cruise this side of the world.
  7. Bald Mountain (Steel Inverted Coaster) Standby, Single Rider, and Fastpass available. Do you dare challenge the home of Chernabog or are you brave enough to challenge him yourself?
  8. Mickey’s Phillarmagic (4D Show) Standby is available. Yensid and Mickey invite you to join them in a music spectacular.
  9. The Forbidden Adventure (Trackless Dark Ride) Standby, Single Rider, and Fastpass available. Go on a journey of a lifetime to experience the secrets of Arrendelle.
  10. Olaf’s Snowman Spin (Mad Hatter’s Tea Party Ride) Standby is available. Spin around will Olaf inside his own personal flurry.
Phase 2:

11. Mary Poppins’s Jolly Holiday (Trackless Darkride with KUKA elements) Standby is available. Go through a chalk paintings and through the sky of London and the refreshing countryside.

Meet and Greets:
  1. Prince Adam and Belle(Ballgown) inside Beast’s Castle
  2. Snow White and The Prince or The Evil Queen at Wishing Well Courtyard
  3. Cinderella with Aoura and Tiana with Jasmine inside The Royal Inn
  4. Tinker Bell inside Tinker’s Nook
  5. Peter Pan with Wendy or Captain Hook with Smee at Neverland Landing
  6. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy at Character Plaza (Arcade 1)
  7. Robin Hood, Friar Nook, Prince John, Little John at Character Plaza (Arcade 2)
  8. Esmeralda, Clopin, Frollo, Quasimodo at Character Plaza (Arcade 3)
  9. Elsa and Anna at Arendelle Courtyard
Walkaround:
  1. Alice and The Mad Hatter
  2. Lady Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia
  3. Merlin
  4. Merida
  5. Rapunzel and Eugene
Phase 2:
  1. Mary Poppins and Bert at Superclifragexpiladocius Courtyard.
Food Carts:
  • Maurice's Popping Machine - Serves Popcorn
  • The Brewer - Lefou's Brew and Standard soda products.

Last edited:

morningstar

Fair point. Florida was once a backwater before folks like Flagler turned it into a vacation destination. While a Disney park in Greece wouldn't survive on Greek guests alone, enough Europeans like to vacation in Greece anyway and might add to or replace their vacation with a Disney one.

Only problem I see is that it might be too close to the Paris location.

Sam Magic

Fair point. Florida was once a backwater before folks like Flagler turned it into a vacation destination. While a Disney park in Greece wouldn't survive on Greek guests alone, enough Europeans like to vacation in Greece anyway and might add to or replace their vacation with a Disney one.

Only problem I see is that it might be too close to the Paris location.
31h

tcool

Original Poster
Bunches of Edits :
  • Changed back to good old Greece for the location of the resort
  • Added a gym to the Beachside Hotel
  • Added Wonderland Hotel to current list of Hotels/Parks/Recreation List
  • Added Jose Caricoa and Panchito for Meet and Greets on Walt Street
  • Gave name to Restaurant B

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom