Wow poly is ruined...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Don't understand why people are so upset about this. Disney has a responsibility to its shareholders & if they felt using empty real-estate was the way to go about it, good for them.

You can still watch the Fireworks from the park and a lot of other places. It's not the end of the world. People were not entitled to that free viewing spot.

Actually, they created new real-estate over the water, effectively rendering the beach real estate worthless. Also, significantly reduced the value of the waterfront rooms in the Poly proper.

Disney does have a responsibility to it's shareholders. To run the company properly, and I can't see how this is a smart move for TWDC, so maybe people are complaining because TWDC shirked their responsibilities in favor of a short term buck?

rob0519

Actually, they created new real-estate over the water, effectively rendering the beach real estate worthless. Also, significantly reduced the value of the waterfront rooms in the Poly proper.

Disney does have a responsibility to it's shareholders. To run the company properly, and I can't see how this is a smart move for TWDC, so maybe people are complaining because TWDC shirked their responsibilities in favor of a short term buck?

Unlike the old days of looking at long term growth and profitability, Wall St. analysts today look at a company on a quarter by quarter basis. So by making a move to improver the "short term buck" TWDC was actually acting responsibly towards the shareholders. In a year or two there will be plenty of new people that have never been to the "old" Polnesian who will probably be willing to pay the inflated price of the waterfront rooms. Until the collective public stands up and says enough is enough to the outrageous price gouging, declining quality and overcrowding that is becoming the MK Resort area and park, TWDC will suck every last dime out of every last inch of land and every last customer.

morningstar

Don't understand why people are so upset about this. Disney has a responsibility to its shareholders & if they felt using empty real-estate was the way to go about it, good for them.

Polynesia is not about responsibility nor shareholders. Of course Disney is a business, but they are in the business of fantasy. If they destroy that fantasy, they will be out of business.

mm121

The new Sunset Point is supposed to be elevated above the bungalows with a view of MK... but it's not real big
poly-plans_2014half.jpg

whats this photo showing?
And I don't know maybe it's me, but those are the ugliest looking bungalows I have ever seen...they look like Tom Sawyer cabins over water...like a fish camp or something

agreed, they look way too close together and pretty close together compared to some of the real ones in bora bora and elsewhere.

squidward

I think the bungalows themselves are absolutely beautiful on the outside. They just look like crap all bunched together. But again, the main issue is they have destroyed beyond repair, the feel of the Poly's beach. I see no reason to stay there now instead of the GF.

WEDisney

I had thought they should have utilized the islands in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon for the Cabanas. You could have touted them as Ultra Exclusive and even given people their own pontoon boat that could take them back forth to the Polynesian dock (day time only) and then to regions elsewhere. They would also have access to the water launches that cater to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian. The islands are large enough to have their own pools, club house or check in area. This wouldn't have hurt the Polynesian at all but it could have still been under the management of the resort and its DVC. I know it would be a lot of money to create that whole area but its a nice thought.

squidward

I had thought they should have utilized the islands in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon for the Cabanas. You could have touted them as Ultra Exclusive and even given people their own pontoon boat that could take them back forth to the Polynesian dock (day time only) and then to regions elsewhere. They would also have access to the water launches that cater to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian. The islands are large enough to have their own pools, club house or check in area. This wouldn't have hurt the Polynesian at all but it could have still been under the management of the resort and its DVC. I know it would be a lot of money to create that whole area but its a nice thought.

Nice idea bit it would never have worked. People having to wait to get to their rooms for a boat? No way. Plus, as it is, the water sprites are going to be extremely limited in that area as is. That would have entirely cut them off.

morningstar

Nice idea bit it would never have worked. People having to wait to get to their rooms for a boat? No way. Plus, as it is, the water sprites are going to be extremely limited in that area as is. That would have entirely cut them off.

I have stayed in real Polynesia at a resort where that was the case. One time we did have trouble contacting them to call for the boat. I did consider swimming.

WDW has no trouble operating reliable water launch service e.g. to the Wilderness Lodge.

squidward

I have stayed in real Polynesia at a resort where that was the case. One time we did have trouble contacting them to call for the boat. I did consider swimming.

WDW has no trouble operating reliable water launch service e.g. to the Wilderness Lodge.

Launch service to your resort is one thing. Launch service to your room is another.

morningstar

Launch service to your resort is one thing. Launch service to your room is another.

Maybe we have a different understanding of the proposal. I thought it would just be a mini resort, with several rooms to an island. There would also be some minor amenities - maybe a small pool, a bar with a few snack items.

rob0519

whats this photo showing?

agreed, they look way too close together and pretty close together compared to some of the real ones in bora bora and elsewhere.

It looks kind of ghetto like. Could they have crammed any more of them in such a small area? The beach and view have been totally destroyed. As I said earlier. Having stayed at the resort several times in the past, I see no reason to pay those kinds of rates to look at this, in my opinion, eyesore

Spike-in-Berlin

There is actually only one reason left to still visit the Poly. Tonga Toast for breakfast and that's about it. I don't see any reason to stay there any longer than for breakfast. If they would serve Tonga Toast somewhere in the MK, even that reason would be gone.

squidward

There is actually only one reason left to still visit the Poly. Tonga Toast for breakfast and that's about it. I don't see any reason to stay there any longer than for breakfast. If they would serve Tonga Toast somewhere in the MK, even that reason would be gone.

I'll still go to 'Ohana, though with the changes there even that is questionable.

Spike-in-Berlin

I'll still go to 'Ohana, though with the changes there even that is questionable.

We already decided that IF we will visit the Poly ever again for breakfast (at the moment we are still discussing a stay at WDW around early November), we will only go to Captain Cooks for the Tonga Toast, means less money for TDO that at the Ohana.

Clamman73

The changes to the GCH will make it or break it for me for just stopping by there for atmosphere. If it does't have the same feel as before with the waterfall, I don't know...will reserve judgement until it's done though...

Not in favor of this "less is more" kinda approach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom