Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Travel Junkie

I just want them to announce the start of the anniversary so I know if I can go on vacation in April or May!

In an AP newsletter that I posted earlier in the thread it said coming May 2015. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t announce details until late 2014 or January 2015.

wdrive

True, but it's a huge expense generally reserved for permanent moves. The rumor suggested DL would borrow HKDL's parade for the summer and then ship it back after a few months. That's just dumb.

Yeah it's dumb, but they've done dumber things in the past. I don't think they would do it but it wouldn't massively surprise me if they did.

mharrington

It's going to be hard to see RDCT go. It's easily the most spectacular firework show I've ever seen, but its time has come.

Well, ever since I heard they truncated it slightly (removing the second half of the Frontierland section), I was disappointed. And ever since 2009, when I went to Disneyland, it was either in the summer or just as the Christmas season got underway, which meant I saw either Magical or Believe In Holiday Magic.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Well, ever since I heard they truncated it slightly (removing the second half of the Frontierland section), I was disappointed. And ever since 2009, when I went to Disneyland, it was either in the summer or just as the Christmas season got underway, which meant I saw either Magical or Believe In Holiday Magic.

I'm sorry you didn't have many chances to see it. Even without the Thunder section, it's still a stellar show.

croboy82

OK I've only been to Disneyland once and didn't check out the firworks, how often does RDCT play? Cause I'll be there in 3 weeks so I wanna make sure to check it out, if it plays :)

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
OK I've only been to Disneyland once and didn't check out the fireworks, how often does RDCT play? Cause I'll be there in 3 weeks so I wanna make sure to check it out, if it plays :)

Yeah, you have to see it before it leaves. They showcase it once a night, usually on Fridays-Sundays. If not Fridays, then just the weekends. If Halloween starts by the time you go, which seems like it will, they showcase RDCT on non-Halloween party days. I don't remember if this includes weekdays, maybe one of my fellow DL vets can answer that.

croboy82

Yeah, you have to see it before it leaves. They showcase it once a night, usually on Fridays-Sundays. If not Fridays, then just the weekends. If Halloween starts by the time you go, which seems like it will, they showcase RDCT on non-Halloween party days. I don't remember if this includes weekdays, maybe one of my fellow DL vets can answer that.

Good, I'll be there 18th-23rd of Sept so hopefully I'll catch this show before it leaves :)

Disney Analyst

Details please!!!

Umm well, from what he tells me in regards to the fireworks:

"120 new lighting fixtures, 8 new projectors, 26 new launch positions, 12 new special effects which I can't talk about"

and in regards to Paint the Night:

"Two sets were made, ours with additional units. Also we are converting old jubilation units into new nighttime units for DL. Those have been here for the last 3 weeks to begin the conversion"

stevehousse

Umm well, from what he tells me in regards to the fireworks:

"120 new lighting fixtures, 8 new projectors, 26 new launch positions, 12 new special effects which I can't talk about"

and in regards to Paint the Night:

"Two sets were made, ours with additional units. Also we are converting old jubilation units into new nighttime units for DL. Those have been here for the last 3 weeks to begin the conversion"
Sounds awesome! Any hint at when these shows will debut?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom