Worst people to be in line next to?

Wall-e

Thanks, I'm really glad you needed to point that out. I look forward to your next post, "18 pages of grammatical errors, corrected."
It was all in good fun. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]
Being scolded by Ross is what rubbed me the wrong way.

Wall-e

People who get annoyed by crying children shouldn't go to disney world! It is an amusement park. It is like being upset when you get splashed while sitting beside a swimming pool.

Only those people who have never had children really think that you can control a child to the extent that some would like. There will always be behavior that is unacceptable under any circumstances, however, crying or having a tantrum is part of being a child and while frustrating to some, is part of being a child. Some kids respond to threats. Some kids respond to ignoring them. Some respond to a hug. Every child is different and every child cries and has tantrums.
I couldn't say it better myself. Disney spent a lot of money putting interactive queues together so my point would be if we needed video games on space mountain from grown people how do we expect children to act while waiting in a 20 or 30 minute line?

Mr Anderson

It was all in good fun. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. Have a nice day.
Being scolded by Ross is what rubbed me the wrong way.[/QUOTE]
Oh, would you prefer Chandler?
chandler-s-dance-o.gif

ninjaprincesst

People who get annoyed by crying children shouldn't go to disney world! It is an amusement park. It is like being upset when you get splashed while sitting beside a swimming pool.

Only those people who have never had children really think that you can control a child to the extent that some would like. There will always be behavior that is unacceptable under any circumstances, however, crying or having a tantrum is part of being a child and while frustrating to some, is part of being a child. Some kids respond to threats. Some kids respond to ignoring them. Some respond to a hug. Every child is different and every child cries and has tantrums.
No every child does not cry and have tantrums mine did not, none of my nieces or nephews did, I didn't and I don't understand why people think "oh your at Disney so every kid has the right to be a horrid brat" and why cant you control a kid? I did, my parents did, all my brother and sister in laws did. And why would you hug a child and give them a reward for being a brat? I was lucky my daughter was just good, but I have a nephew that was horrible until my brother in law became his step Dad and with just a little parenting he is a great kid now. Kids only do what you allow them to do. If you teach them what is expected of them in public they will act right in public, it is when parents allow their kids to do whatever they want that they become brats. I get so sick of it's Disney so kids should be allowed to be brats, sometimes the parent has to suffer and be unhappy to discipline a child. I hate having to get on to any child, it probably upsets me more to have to do it than it is upsetting the child to be punished. I just don't understand the parents who use the excuse they are in Disney so expect them to be bad. I also hate those who think they have to hit a child as discipline, if you have rules and punishments that are consistent from the time they are old enough to understand how to act in public and Disney is not a problem. and it really is just a very few kids that are brats at Disney I find most to be great kids, but it is so irritating when you are already dying from the sweltering heat to have to stand behind that screaming kid in line for an hour.

Wall-e

No every child does not cry and have tantrums mine did not, none of my nieces or nephews did, I didn't and I don't understand why people think "oh your at Disney so every kid has the right to be a horrid brat" and why cant you control a kid? I did, my parents did, all my brother and sister in laws did. And why would you hug a child and give them a reward for being a brat? I was lucky my daughter was just good, but I have a nephew that was horrible until my brother in law became his step Dad and with just a little parenting he is a great kid now. Kids only do what you allow them to do. If you teach them what is expected of them in public they will act right in public, it is when parents allow their kids to do whatever they want that they become brats. I get so sick of it's Disney so kids should be allowed to be brats, sometimes the parent has to suffer and be unhappy to discipline a child. I hate having to get on to any child, it probably upsets me more to have to do it than it is upsetting the child to be punished. I just don't understand the parents who use the excuse they are in Disney so expect them to be bad. I also hate those who think they have to hit a child as discipline, if you have rules and punishments that are consistent from the time they are old enough to understand how to act in public and Disney is not a problem. and it really is just a very few kids that are brats at Disney I find most to be great kids, but it is so irritating when you are already dying from the sweltering heat to have to stand behind that screaming kid in line for an hour.
I'm talking about a 2yo in line for a kids ride like pooh or little mermaid. A 2yo who is just grasping language is expected to under the reasoning behind waiting in a line? We as a disney community can't have a little understanding of that? We get it that your family has some well behaved kids, others unfortunately for the rest of the world, do not.

IWantMyMagicBand

I'm talking about a 2yo in line for a kids ride like pooh or little mermaid. A 2yo who is just grasping language is expected to under the reasoning behind waiting in a line? We as a disney community can't have a little understanding of that? We get it that your family has some well behaved kids, others unfortunately for the rest of the world, do not.
^^^^^^^^what he said X100. My dad actually thinks my daughter was the most behaved toddler in the world. I have video footage that proves otherwise - and he was there! He just doesn't remember it as he sees the well-behaved 8 year old now. 2/3 year olds are unable to understand conscious reasoning - there is more than enough research to back it up.

Anyhoo, yeah Zombies. At least buy ME dinner first before you eat yours :D

BrianV

I take it back, every child but those is your immediate and extended family cry and have tantrums. Not 24/7. Not in every line. Not all the time. But kids do cry and have tantrums. And if kids are in disney world, a place which welcomes kids and would likely go out of business if kids stoppd coming, they will sometimes cry and have tantrums. It's not the Tavern on the Green, it is disney world. It is reality. Again, except for your kids.

Do I like it when that happens? Of course not. Not with my kids or others. (Mine are older but they are still kids and kids cry and have tantrums!). No one enjoys this. But to act like with a little bit of "parenting" you can make children behave in a way contrary to their nature is absurd. You can try to help minimize melt-down events. But what works for each kid is different. Some need to be ignored for a few minutes. Some need to be sternly spoken to. And yes, some just need a hug. Different kids, different needs.

Now tantrums from adults, which I have seen quite a few as well, are a different story. :)

Blackburn23

Kids who pee in line.... Yes that was not a typo..... Pee

Stood in line for Splash Mountain years ago, about a 2 hour line, hour in almost to the indoor steps, little girl in front of us says "mommy I have to pee pee!" Mom says very nicely might I add, "just pull your pants to the side and go". I was the only one in my group to watch the puddle form. Line started moving and my dad looked down and said "watch your step son someone dumped their drink". I said "technically dad you are correct!" Gross

BrianV

Kids who pee in line.... Yes that was not a typo..... Pee

Stood in line for Splash Mountain years ago, about a 2 hour line, hour in almost to the indoor steps, little girl in front of us says "mommy I have to pee pee!" Mom says very nicely might I add, "just pull your pants to the side and go". I was the only one in my group to watch the puddle form. Line started moving and my dad looked down and said "watch your step son someone dumped their drink". I said "technically dad you are correct!" Gross

Yuck. Just plain yuck. Unusually you have to be on the subway to see that.

ninjaprincesst

I take it back, every child but those is your immediate and extended family cry and have tantrums. Not 24/7. Not in every line. Not all the time. But kids do cry and have tantrums. And if kids are in disney world, a place which welcomes kids and would likely go out of business if kids stoppd coming, they will sometimes cry and have tantrums. It's not the Tavern on the Green, it is disney world. It is reality. Again, except for your kids.

Do I like it when that happens? Of course not. Not with my kids or others. (Mine are older but they are still kids and kids cry and have tantrums!). No one enjoys this. But to act like with a little bit of "parenting" you can make children behave in a way contrary to their nature is absurd. You can try to help minimize melt-down events. But what works for each kid is different. Some need to be ignored for a few minutes. Some need to be sternly spoken to. And yes, some just need a hug. Different kids, different needs.

Now tantrums from adults, which I have seen quite a few as well, are a different story. :)
So let me get this straight it is absurd for me to think you can make kids mind? Of course they are going to keep being brats when they get rewarded for it. If they know there are rules and that when those rules are broken they will be punished, then yes you can alter their bratty nature. But if they are encouraged be a brat your at Disney and after all Disney is just for kids (odd why all those adults with no kids are there) and when you act up I will let you have a hissy fit then I will hug you and reward you, there is no need for them to act right. Probably 90 percent of kids are great, they don't deserve to have that other 10 percent ruining their Disney trip.

BrianV

So let me get this straight it is absurd for me to think you can make kids mind? Of course they are going to keep being brats when they get rewarded for it. If they know there are rules and that when those rules are broken they will be punished, then yes you can alter their bratty nature. But if they are encouraged be a brat your at Disney and after all Disney is just for kids (odd why all those adults with no kids are there) and when you act up I will let you have a hissy fit then I will hug you and reward you, there is no need for them to act right. Probably 90 percent of kids are great, they don't deserve to have that other 10 percent ruining their Disney trip.

No sense going point for point. Your kids never have melt downs thanks to your amazing parenting style. Everyone else is clueless but you know just what to say and do and it will work for all children. Good for you. Good evening, I'm done.

ninjaprincesst

No sense going point for point. Your kids never have melt downs thanks to your amazing parenting style. Everyone else is clueless but you know just what to say and do and it will work for all children. Good for you. Good evening, I'm done.
No I did not say that, I said I was lucky to have a good kid. I feel sorry for children who there parents just do not care enough to make them mind. How do you think children ever learn how to act it is because their parents teach them, that is not amazing parenting skills, it is just making an attempt to be a good parent, if you don't parent the kid the poor kid has no chance.

Goofyernmost

It isn't as easy as all that. My girls were very well behaved and had rules and knew the consequences (which always were carried through) and in spite of that did have an occasional, all hell breaks loose, tantrum. Especially when they reached that age that signals them to be independent and control their own destiny. Surprisingly that is around the ages of 3 to 10.

I have a grandson that I know for a fact is raised with rules and consequences, without fail, yet, he will test the resolve whenever the feeling hits him. He actually said to me once when I asked him why he did things when he knew what the end result would be, "I just figured that what I wanted to do was worth the punishment". He just didn't care. If what he wanted to do was worth more to him then the punishment, he just did it and worried about the result later. I guess that is the making of a risk taker and were would we be without them.

IWantMyMagicBand

I have a grandson that I know for a fact is raised with rules and consequences, without fail, yet, he will test the resolve whenever the feeling hits him.
.......Dad, you need to tell me if you join the same forums as me ;)

Texas is obviously where to raise your kids. All the experts are from there and I'm waiting for the release of the book "Tantrum Free Toddlers - Texas Style" *pops back below parapet*

BrianV

No I did not say that, I said I was lucky to have a good kid. I feel sorry for children who there parents just do not care enough to make them mind. How do you think children ever learn how to act it is because their parents teach them, that is not amazing parenting skills, it is just making an attempt to be a good parent, if you don't parent the kid the poor kid has no chance.

I like your avatar, by the way. My girls are huge chip and dale fans AND we so almost bought that tshirt! We didn't see chip and dale this time though :(. Truce?

Mr Anderson

Oh, would you prefer Chandler?
chandler-s-dance-o.gif
I hate to break it to you but that's chandler :p[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know. Wall-e did a weird quote thing a few posts back when he was upset I used a Ross meme on him, and it led to a chain of some very odd mis-quotes from the forums. (I was the one who said "Would you prefer Chandler" and used the Chandler meme to begin with) As you can see above...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom