Disneyland Half Marathon

a2grafix

Enjoy runners! Wish I was with you. This time last year I was completing a very long travel day, ending it at Disneyland Park. Run your race, know your body, hydrate.

Sumrdog

Just found this picture of me at the finish on the RunDisney Facebook page! Way better than the selfie I was trying to take with the finish banner behind me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 65

Mad Stitch

Just found this picture of me at the finish on the RunDisney Facebook page! Way better than the selfie I was trying to take with the finish banner behind me!

Very cool. And it dosent even have the Marathon Photo watermark stamped across it. :) I like the reply someone posted on it.
Great pic!! I tried to do this at the finish and got shooed by Run Disney people to keep moving.

Last edited:

atrus79

So if anyone else tried to register for the Dumbo today, I hoped you had better luck than me. I was on right at 12EST on the DVC member page ... refreshed for 10 to 15 minutes, finally a custom link was added to the top of the site ... clicked on it and it was sold out!?!?!? So annoyed ...

Kermit262

Ugh. This is tough. We spent our vacation (that is, Disney) budget on the WDW Marathon Weekend last month. But I see that @Maryssa* posted the Disneyland Half Marathon is a 10-year anniversary medal this year. PLUS, if I run it this year I'll also get the Coast-to-Coast medal. Jeesh. Tough decision.

Skippy

So from what I see here I should expect the Half or Dumbo to sell out relatively quickly after they go on sale on the 10th? Looks like I will have to make a quick decision on whether to pull the trigger or not.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the discounts available? I saw 20% off a 3 day park pass and $25/day off park tickets if you stay at Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier, or Grand Californian, but they also mentioned discounts for Good Neighbor hotels too. It would be my first visit to DLR, but I don't know if I can justify the price difference between a Good Neighbor Hotel and a Disney one. I'm not sure how long I have before the best choices are completely booked up either..

Last edited:

Sumrdog

So from what I see here I should expect the Half or Dumbo to sell out relatively quickly after they go on sale on the 10th? Looks like I will have to make a quick decision on whether to pull the trigger or not.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the discounts available? I saw 20% off a 3 day park pass and $25/day off park tickets if you stay at Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier, or Grand Californian, but they also mentioned discounts for Good Neighbor hotels too. It would be my first visit to DLR, but I don't know if I can justify the price difference between a Good Neighbor Hotel and a Disney one. I'm not sure how long I have before the best choices are completely booked up either..
I stayed at Paradise Pier for the half this year and while it's convenient I don't think it's worth the price. I just stayed at BW Stovalls which is about 0.2 miles further from Paradise Pier for the Star Wars Half and it was really just as convenient a walk to the race start and the parks and it was 200$ less a night. The BW was nothing fancy but it was clean and convenient. The Annabella is also another good choice.
You can still take advantage of the discounted park tickets staying at a good neighbor hotel.

I spent 646$ for four nights at the Best Western Stovalls booked through hotels.com and then bought my park ticket through Get travel at the run disney discount.
The same 4 nights at Paradise Pier would be around 1600$ which includes the 17% resort tax. So that 25$ incentive isn't really worth much.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom