Southwest New Releases

Janna Moss

Houston to MCO nonstop is $207 each way. I'm not happy. In 2011, we paid $800 for the four of us to fly round trip from Houston in December. I'm really disappointed in Southwest's continuous price jumps. We were really praying that February would offer cheaper flights.

abunch06

I've had to fly so frequently for work on Southwest that I got mine and my fiancé's roundtrip flight to MCO from ATL for like $22 total. Didn't pay for the flights at all, just the "Sept. 11 Fee"

dreamfinder

I'm really disappointed in Southwest's continuous price jumps.

Well, they were lucky for a while in that they had hedged fuel was going to go up, and got it right. So for years they had access to cheap gas while everyone else was paying market rates. Add in their purchase of AirTran, and less flights overall, their prices had nowhere to go but up. Yeah, they still have savings over some of their methods (fast turn around = less planes on ground = cheaper flights) there is only so much you can squeeze before you are similar playing grounds with others.

Donald Razorduck

Southwest is adding an additional seasonal nonstop from Memphis starting in time for Spring Break 2015. This is in addition to their regular nonstop. Hey Delta, thanks for dehubbing Memphis! The O & D traffic is booming now after years of repression and the arrival of Southwest and Frontier.

HRHPrincessAriel

Houston to MCO nonstop is $207 each way. I'm not happy. In 2011, we paid $800 for the four of us to fly round trip from Houston in December. I'm really disappointed in Southwest's continuous price jumps. We were really praying that February would offer cheaper flights.
I agree. It's insane.

disneypearl

I am wanting to use Southwest for the end of February for a trip that hasn't been booked yet. I was surprised at the times offered for nonstop. Nothing looks good with the flights being too early or late in the evening. I don't want to worry about bad roads at those hours getting to and from the airport. Then was also surprised at the prices. I'm not sure on what we will decide on but now thinking about waiting for spring. I'm going to keep checking & hope for a price drop.

draybook

Southwest is adding an additional seasonal nonstop from Memphis starting in time for Spring Break 2015. This is in addition to their regular nonstop. Hey Delta, thanks for dehubbing Memphis! The O & D traffic is booming now after years of repression and the arrival of Southwest and Frontier.

Fellow Memphian? And yeah, when Delta announced they were dehubbing MEM, there were many celebrations in this town. That raggedy airline had been running off competition for too long.
When I first bought our tickets I paid $840 round trip from Memphis to Orlando for the four of us. After watching for falling prices like a hawk I was able to get it down to about $720 and get the credit for the difference.

Donald Razorduck

Yeah, from there but in NWA. We fly out of Memphis when feasible because Mom will watch the pets instead of kenneling. Driving to Memphis is second nature now. Memphis will gain while Little Rock will suffer now that Southwest sees Memphis as a growth opportunity especially with the reworking of Concourse B. I do miss the nonstop to Amsterdam though from back in the hub heydays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom