Ever used hotels.com for a Disney stay?

love disney

Original Poster
Planning a one night stop at WDW after we get back from our Disney cruise (only chance we'll get to hit Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival this year). Unfortunately there are no rooms available the night we are going at either the Florida resident or Passholder rates. What's crazy is I found a room at one of the All Stars on hotels.com significantly cheaper than on Disneys website. Anyone ever book a stay through hotels.com? Will I get a Disney resort confirmation number that I can use to make FP+ reservations (the stay is more than the 30 days out I can make FP+reservations with my annual pass)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

LAM378

I've booked Disney hotels through them, but eventually cancelled the reservations. You can't make any changes after you've booked (date, occupancy) without losing your original rate, which is why I've cancelled both times. You have to make any room requests through hotels.com, not WDW, but for a one-nighter that's probably no big deal.

You can absolutely link the reservation to MDE and book FPs. You have to call hotels.com 24-48 hours after booking, and BEG them for your Disney confirmation number. They will insist on giving you your hotels.com confirmation number, which will not suffice. You'll have to speak to 3 or 4 people before they'll know what you're talking about. Keep telling them to put you on hold while they call WDW for it (WDW will not give it to you, or do anything over the phone except confirm that you have a resort reservation). It's normally a 12 digit number, no letters. That's the biggest annoyance when booking through them, but once you've got that number you'll be good to go on MDE.

Check for coupon codes and use Ebates.com too! Good luck!

draybook

While it wasn't with hotels.com, I did book our 6 night stay at ASMusic through priceline.com and it was $100 cheaper total than going through the Disney site.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
While it wasn't with hotels.com, I did book our 6 night stay at ASMusic through priceline.com and it was $100 cheaper total than going through the Disney site.

WDW does not have a 'Best Rate Guarantee' policy at their hotels when you book direct through them? I know most major hotel companies do...

draybook

Nope. Through the Disney site the values were about $96 per night for a standard room. With Priceline it dropped to $81 a night.

jaklgreen

I have looked a few times at the other sites. I found that the prices quoted were usually without the tax and when you go to finalize the booking it ended up being the same price as Disney when they added to tax. So I would double check make sure the price you see quoted is with all the fees.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I just used hotels.com to book an extra night in December (renting points for seven nights at AKL and an extra at POFQ). I emailed hotels.com asking for my Disney confirmation number. Within 30 minutes I got a reply with the number, which worked on the MDE. You will have to change the address on the MDE for your magic bands, as it will have hotels.coms address in the reservation. But that was not much trouble to do:)

DisneyDaver

WDW does not have a 'Best Rate Guarantee' policy at their hotels when you book direct through them? I know most major hotel companies do...

I've seen WDW hotel room rates lower on sites other than Disney's own website. Most of the time, I've found them to be the same, but not always.

love disney

Original Poster
So I actually ended up reserving a room through expedia, it was much cheaper than directly through Disney. I now have the expedia itinerary number as well as a confirmation number. I tried the conf number on Disneys site to link it with my profile, but it says it isn't valid. I know sometimes places embargo reservations for a day or two from third party sites, which is hopefully the case here. Can anyone tell me what a Disney resort only reservation number format is so I can tell if that is what expedia sent me or if I need to contact them and try and get it? Thanks!

BuddyThomas

I did Priceline years ago (maybe 2005) and I got All Star Sports for some insane low rate like $28 per night, plus the Priceline fees. I've never seen anything like that come up since.

PoorSkippy

I've booked through hotels.com twice in the past 14 months and it went flawlessly. I got good rates (can't remember if same or cheaper than Disney's site, but definitely not more), and I was able to accrue their "Welcome Rewards" points at the same time. Hope this helps.

Richie248

I travel quite a bit for work and always book using hotels.com as I accrue the Welcome Rewards points. After you book 10 nights (on a qualified hotel/look for the Welcome Rewards logo), they take the average room rate for those 10 nights and you can apply it toward your reservation of choice. If you accrue multiple reward nights you can apply multiples to your reservation. It's a great program. I guess the only downside to booking w/ hotels.com is not being able to book a package. Unless there is a way to add features later. Booked my stay at the Four Seasons Orlando through hotels.com.

JiminyandTink

I booked through Trivago and when I got to my room I found that creepy guy from the commercial in my closet..... :cautious:

This is neither true, nor helpful, I apologize but I had to do it :D

HouCuseChickie

I know of a number of people who have booked through the various discount sites and saved some $. Another advantage...if you use ebates...you can get additional cash back from your booking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom