Worst people to be in line next to?

Tomi-Rocket

My daughter has been going since she was 3, and yes at 15 she can still remember specific things that happened on trips when she was 3 and 4 (like bouncing with Tigger) ,that being said she was never a whiny crying brat in line, people use tired and over stimulated as excuses for bad behavior, but if a child is raised right they know how to act in public, tired or not,and we did not sleep in or take it easy, she just knew what was expected of her and did not act like a brat no matter how tired she was.

I agree, my kids, too. They started going when they were 8 and 4 and they were never crying nor whiny. Although, on our first trip when my son was four he did cry when he found out he was too short to ride RnR. But I will say we also did not push them to the breaking point each day either. We've had a great time on all our trips since then. And now, on our last trip, they went off on their own to explore, they had a blast.

I particularly do not enjoy being around those who just don't mind their kids, loud & obnoxious people, those with offending BO and, finally, line cutters.

Last edited:

danpam1024

I agree, my kids, too. They started going when they were 8 and 4 and they were never crying nor whiny. Although, on our first trip when my son was four he did cry when he found out he was too short to ride RnR. But I will say we also to not push them to the breaking point each day either. We've had a great time on all our trips since then. And now, on our last trip, they went off on their own to explore, they had a blast.

I particularly do not enjoy being around those who just don't mind their kids, loud & obnoxious people, those with offending BO and, finally, line cutters.
That's the problem- we started taking DS when he was just 6 months old with VERY low expectations. Much of our time was at the hotel or splash pads. If there were things WE wanted to do, we did them first, and only a couple of things a day. At night, we got a babysitter and went out for a worry free dinner- toddlers don't need to be out that late! My DS had his one and only meltdown when he was 3 and couldn't ride Dinosaur at DAK- he promised to be a "big boy"! :bawling:

psukardi

Did we cover this yet? Really dislike those ECVs hitting me in the ankles or trying to part the red-sea while honking on the horn.

safe_image.php

Mr Anderson

We were heading to the back of MK for a late EMH as most of the crowd was heading for the exit after the fireworks. A very cranky woman behind us suddenly yelled out-"I hate all of these damn strollers and damn screaming kids!" My 20 something son yelled back, "Reality check, you're at Disneyworld!" the crowd applauded.
Did your son get a huge pat on the back and a Dole Whip of appreciation? That is AWESOME!! Come to think of it... at the end of the night, especially after a fireworks show, I don't know about you, but I am on cloud nine after spending a day in the parks. Sure, I'm tired, but I'm just full of joy from the day. What a grinch! I bet the applause from the crowd set her off! Haha!

Mr Anderson

My daughter has been going since she was 3, and yes at 15 she can still remember specific things that happened on trips when she was 3 and 4 (like bouncing with Tigger) ,that being said she was never a whiny crying brat in line, people use tired and over stimulated as excuses for bad behavior, but if a child is raised right they know how to act in public, tired or not,and we did not sleep in or take it easy, she just knew what was expected of her and did not act like a brat no matter how tired she was.
Well then good on ya. Well-behaved kids and their parents are often fun to be in line next to. The wife and I have had some hilarious conversations with well-behaved kids and their parents in line next to us. It's those filthy, stinking brats and their lazy, grumpy parents I don't like. :cautious:

Last edited:

Beholder

The real test (for me anyway) comes on the ride back, to whatever resort, on the bus. I've seen young, healthy folks refuse to be bothered with giving their seat up for elderly people or expecting mothers. I know I may sound old fashioned, it might be an anachronism to give up ones seat for a lady or a seasoned citizen, but it's who I am. Maybe I shouldn't expect others to be the same way, perhaps that's not right, but for me, I'm almost compelled to do it. The best I can hope for is that by watching me, someone younger may follow my lead. That actually happened once.

BO on the bus? It's the end of the day, everyone is nice and sweaty, yeah, no problems there. Kids being loud? They've been to the greatest theme park in their world, so they might be expected to be a little excited, if they aren't asleep. I think it's interesting to watch people's expressions, how they interact with their children after such an intense experience.

Melt downs happen, people lose their temper, it gets hot, lines are long, the unexpected pops up. In the end though, it's all how we (I) handle it. I honestly try to adopt a pleasant attitude and that, more than anything, keeps it all good.

Mr Anderson

People who jump on posts 5 pages back. Just. Because. They. Can. :cautious:
Hi there! FYI: this happens all the time in the forums. Actually, I've seen entire threads that were untouched for several months get dug up and put back out in the open, with brand-new comments being made on months-old posts.

So basically, my best advice to you is this: if you don't want someone to comment on what you post... don't post it! It's likely someone will comment on it, whether it's today, tomorrow, next week, or several months from now. And really, do try not to get all snarky if someone does "jump on" one of your posts. It's not worth it. And lastly...
1436217-bigthumbnail.jpg

DfromATX

The real test (for me anyway) comes on the ride back, to whatever resort, on the bus. I've seen young, healthy folks refuse to be bothered with giving their seat up for elderly people or expecting mothers. I know I may sound old fashioned, it might be an anachronism to give up ones seat for a lady or a seasoned citizen, but it's who I am. Maybe I shouldn't expect others to be the same way, perhaps that's not right, but for me, I'm almost compelled to do it. The best I can hope for is that by watching me, someone younger may follow my lead. That actually happened once.

Where I come from (Texas) I expect to see men or young people give up their seat for the elderly or an expectant mom. That is how I've raised my sons. I would be embarrassed if my sons or husband did not offer their seat and they would certainly get an elbow jab from me. For the most part, Texan men are gentlemen... they offer their seats, hold doors open, etc... but I thought that was everywhere, not just my state. One time while waiting in a restaurant I offered my seat to an elderly woman. We started talking and she said she was visiting from California and knew someone would offer her a seat cause she was in Texas. :)

Pixie VaVoom

Where I come from (Texas) I expect to see men or young people give up their seat for the elderly or an expectant mom. That is how I've raised my sons. I would be embarrassed if my sons or husband did not offer their seat and they would certainly get an elbow jab from me. For the most part, Texan men are gentlemen... they offer their seats, hold doors open, etc... but I thought that was everywhere, not just my state. One time while waiting in a restaurant I offered my seat to an elderly woman. We started talking and she said she was visiting from California and knew someone would offer her a seat cause she was in Texas. :)

Yeah I am from Oklahoma, and I find that some modern people have more "entitlement" than good old fashioned "home training"...if you know what I mean.

Cesar R M

Yeah I am from Oklahoma, and I find that some modern people have more "entitlement" than good old fashioned "home training"...if you know what I mean.
I think we could call the modern family as "The Mcdonalds" problem.
Because they want everything instantly, for cheap and with zero effort.
They expect the same from everything... like it was a McDonalds.

Mr Anderson

I hail from Texas as well, and was raised to not only give up my seat, but to hold doors, and be helpful to others in general. I ended up going to college out of state, and the first time I held a door for a lady, I got chewed out hard. "You think I can't do this my self or something?!? YOU THINK I'M TOO WEAK TO OPEN A DOOR ON MY OWN?!? You PIG!!!" I stood there confused for a moment and replied, "No, this is considered polite in Texas, where I'm from..."

But I digress... I hate when I'm in line next to someone who is doing something repetitive that is annoying... be it popping gum (especially when they manage to somehow do it at that eardrum shattering, high-decibel level), drumming on the queue divider, kicking the wall, kids going "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom" with no answer, etc. I've always been annoyed by repetitive noises for some reason. Being stuck next to it in line drives me crazy.

Pixie VaVoom

I hail from Texas as well, and was raised to not only give up my seat, but to hold doors, and be helpful to others in general. I ended up going to college out of state, and the first time I held a door for a lady, I got chewed out hard. "You think I can't do this my self or something?!? YOU THINK I'M TOO WEAK TO OPEN A DOOR ON MY OWN?!? You PIG!!!" I stood there confused for a moment and replied, "No, this is considered polite in Texas, where I'm from..."

But I digress... I hate when I'm in line next to someone who is doing something repetitive that is annoying... be it popping gum (especially when they manage to somehow do it at that eardrum shattering, high-decibel level), drumming on the queue divider, kicking the wall, kids going "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom" with no answer, etc. I've always been annoyed by repetitive noises for some reason. Being stuck next to it in line drives me crazy.

"Texas...it's like a whole other country! " and amazing Barbeque, too!

ninjaprincesst

I will be the first to offer my seat to the elderly or an expectant mom, my gripe comes when the mom or dad that is holding a sleeping 5 year old that ran up to get on the bus at the last second expects you to give up your seat to them when you have been waiting in line for the bus for the last 20 minutes, I'm sorry , but they can wait for the next bus if they want a seat. On a side note it was really kind of depressing when on my daughters band trip at spring break very polite young man got up and insisted I take his seat, made me wonder which one I looked elderly or expecting lol.

Last edited:

BrianV

Long thread, so my apologies if already posted but I hate 1. People who ipad or iphone video record an entire show with the light shining in your face. It is especially funny since 3d movies won't video in 3d but rather a blur. (An occasional photo is fine by me, but videoing the whole thing...come on...). 2. People who insist on keeping their Mickey hat on through a performance. I couldn't see much of the Philharmagic as the tall person in front also had a Mickey hat!! I guess I am old school and you are supposed to take your hats off indoors to begin with, but that seems to be a lost art.

I will say that most everyone we met in line, however, was super friendly this past week. Hey, it's disney world, they should be happy!

JohnD

BO on the bus? It's the end of the day, everyone is nice and sweaty, yeah, no problems there. Kids being loud? They've been to the greatest theme park in their world, so they might be expected to be a little excited, if they aren't asleep. I think it's interesting to watch people's expressions, how they interact with their children after such an intense experience.

Melt downs happen, people lose their temper, it gets hot, lines are long, the unexpected pops up. In the end though, it's all how we (I) handle it. I honestly try to adopt a pleasant attitude and that, more than anything, keeps it all good.

I was at WDW with the folks in April. My mother cannot go long distances without a wheelchair, although she is mobile enough to get on the bus herself. When we board, my father is carrying the folded-up wheelchair onto the bus. On several instances, no one bothered to get up from the handicapped priority seating. I had no problem pointing at the sign and asking people to get up for my mother. (I remained standing). My mother was embarrassed. But I said to her, loud enough for others to hear, "Mom, you're handicapped. This is priority seating for handicapped. I have no problem asking others to get up so that you can take a seat." It might have bordered on my being seen as the rude person but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Another time, I boarded the MK bus after midnight. A young couple had a baby that was crying all the way back to the resort. No one was angry at the infant, obviously. We all knew the poor kid wanted to sleep in its crib. But those parents just had to get in their EMHs.

JohnD

Long thread, so my apologies if already posted but I hate 1. People who ipad or iphone video record an entire show with the light shining in your face. It is especially funny since 3d movies won't video in 3d but rather a blur. (An occasional photo is fine by me, but videoing the whole thing...come on...). 2. People who insist on keeping their Mickey hat on through a performance. I couldn't see much of the Philharmagic as the tall person in front also had a Mickey hat!! I guess I am old school and you are supposed to take your hats off indoors to begin with, but that seems to be a lost art.

I will say that most everyone we met in line, however, was super friendly this past week. Hey, it's disney world, they should be happy!

But then Disney encourages people to now purchase "Glow with the Show" hats. For what? So, my view of Fantasmic is obstructed by Mickey hats glowing in my face? Yeah, great idea WDW. Remind me to blow money on one of those hats myself so I can annoy somebody else during the show.

G00fyDad

I was at WDW with the folks in April. My mother cannot go long distances without a wheelchair, although she is mobile enough to get on the bus herself. When we board, my father is carrying the folded-up wheelchair onto the bus. On several instances, no one bothered to get up from the handicapped priority seating. I had no problem pointing at the sign and asking people to get up for my mother. (I remained standing). My mother was embarrassed. But I said to her, loud enough for others to hear, "Mom, you're handicapped. This is priority seating for handicapped. I have no problem asking others to get up so that you can take a seat." It might have bordered on my being seen as the rude person but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Another time, I boarded the MK bus after midnight. A young couple had a baby that was crying all the way back to the resort. No one was angry at the infant, obviously. We all knew the poor kid wanted to sleep in its crib. But those parents just had to get in their EMHs.

This is why we rent a vehicle when we get there. No buses for us. ;)

But then Disney encourages people to now purchase "Glow with the Show" hats. For what? So, my view of Fantasmic is obstructed by Mickey hats glowing in my face? Yeah, great idea WDW. Remind me to blow money on one of those hats myself so I can annoy somebody else during the show.

Those hats do not give off enough light to obstruct a view. If you couldn't see then maybe it was because the person in front of you was too tall, but the lights are not that bright.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom