Need Help Picking A Mod or Deluxe

missjennibabii

Original Poster
I'm helping my mom and my stepdad plan a Disney trip for next year. The two of them recently returned from a 7 day stay at Pop Century while I stayed with my cousin at Beach Club. My mom and stepdad definitely loved Pop for the theming, pools, and food court. They now want to stay at a mod or deluxe that has a great food court but with less people staying at the resort. I personally would like to stay at a mod or a deluxe that has a great food court because I found the one at Beach Club to be lacking. So what's a great mod or deluxe that doesn't have as many people as Pop with a great counter service options?

I was personally leaning towards staying at Wilderness Lodge or Polynesian. I know Poly has refurb going on but that should all be done by July.

Last edited:

mouse_luv

First of all, you havent listed a mod on here. Second of all, Deluxes don't have food courts(hence why you didn't find one at Beach Club). They have Table Service (require reservations most of the time), and counter service restaurants. As far as people: You can't predict or restrict how many people are going to be there when you are. o_O

Last edited:

missjennibabii

Original Poster
I should have worded things a bit better. Still a little tired since I just got back from Disney yesterday. What I meant to say is that I'm looking for a mod or a deluxe resort that has great food options and isn't as a big as Pop as? The one thing they constantly complained about was how many people the resort seemed to house at one given time.

mouse_luv

It's all in what you like. The Deluxes all have a theme, so it's what theme is your preference. Also, the deluxes are bigger than the values, as far as how many people can stay there since many of them (with exception of the Yacht Club) have DVC's. A lot of people is just Disney for you, and there's no real "downtime" anymore.

Also, they realize that in going from a value to a deluxe that theres at least a 3-400$ a night difference for the room depending on what type of room you stay in, right?!

missjennibabii

Original Poster
Yes, they do realize that there is a big price difference.The trip to Disney they took this past week was kind of a last minute thing . They decided they wanted to go in May and had to have the trip paid off at the end of July.They aren't really picky when it comes to the theme but are little more interested in what food options a resort can offer them. So food is first then theme.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Like mentioned Mods and Deluxes do not have food courts like the value resorts do. They have quick service (similar to food courts but much much smaller), and table service restaurants. We always have stayed at the Deluxes/Deluxe Villas and enjoy them so much we even joined DVC last year! Lol. We love The Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs, The Grand Floridian, and will stay in the future at Wilderness Lodge, Poly, and Bay Lake. All depends what they are looking for in theming, if they want to be on the monorail line etc.
For mods my brother and his fam always stay at Port Orleans Riverside and really enjoy it there. We have eaten at the food court/quick services there and at Port Orleans French quarter and really liked the food at each one and there was quite a bit to choose from at both. :)

Last edited:

Blackburn23

For us it comes down to our trip theme. Relaxing trip = deluxe because we will utilize it more. Park trip is value because we only sleep then are our. For us we usually hit Caribbean beach, perfect blend of the two. Amazing theming and great activities but cheaper and with more food options

DisneyDaver

Yes, they do realize that there is a big price difference.The trip to Disney they took this past week was kind of a last minute thing . They decided they wanted to go in May and had to have the trip paid off at the end of July.They aren't really picky when it comes to the theme but are little more interested in what food options a resort can offer them. So food is first then theme.

GF has the most table service options and they are all very good too. They also have 1 great quick service place. I like the restaurants at the Contemporary as well. As mentioned previously a lot depends on what type of food/restaurants you are looking for.

UnhealthilyObsessed

If the complaint is that the resort accommodates too many people, wouldn't the best choice be the smallest resort?

Port Orleans French Quarter seems to fit the bill for that. They have counter service options that are well-regarded and is the least spread-out. Plus they could hop, skip, and jump over to Riverside for variety.

zurgandfriend

Just MHO for a moderate I would choose Port Orleans FQ and for deluxe the Wilderness Lodge. Each is a smaller more friendly resort. WL is off the beaten path so there is less traffic through it, it was a nice pool and some god dinning.

jaklgreen

For a moderate I think that Coronado Springs has the best "food court" options. I know a lot of people do not like the way it is set up but I did not mind it. It does have a wider selection of different types of food at the pepper market plus they added the quick service area too. I love POFQ but hate the food options there(except of course the beignets). Plus they are the slowest food servers I have ever seen anywhere!( I work in food and if we were that slow we would get fired, its that bad. Not just once but every year I go). For deluxe I second the Wilderness Lodge. Not only do they have decent offerings it is also close to the monorail loop. You can boat over to either Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary and from there take the monorail over to either Poly or GF.

dreamfinder

I'm helping my mom and my stepdad plan a Disney trip for next year. The two of them recently returned from a 7 day stay at Pop Century while I stayed with my cousin at Beach Club. My mom and stepdad definitely loved Pop for the theming, pools, and food court. They now want to stay at a mod or deluxe that has a great food court but with less people staying at the resort. I personally would like to stay at a mod or a deluxe that has a great food court because I found the one at Beach Club to be lacking. So what's a great mod or deluxe that doesn't have as many people as Pop with a great counter service options?

I was personally leaning towards staying at Wilderness Lodge or Polynesian. I know Poly has refurb going on but that should all be done by July.

Well as far as size goes, POP has 2,880, POFQ has 1,008, CBR 2,112, CS 1,917, and POR 2,048. So while they all have less rooms than POP, I'd say that CBR, CS, and POR all occupy roughly the same physical space or even more than POP does and all have their own resort bus route just to get people around the hotel property. POFQ is significantly smaller and has no such bus route, but tends to be more popular and less likely to offer discounts.

All the deluxes look at CS as essentially something they have just because, and that's about it. The food may be good, but it tends to be a much smaller selection. Think maybe 1-2 of the windows that POP offered, so 6-10 selections or so.

You would need to decide what is the most important and go from there. Look at the menus online for the various CS locations to see what is offered for assistance if needed.

danpam1024

POFQ was the best kept secret, but others have stated the secret is out :) It has a nice food court and it's a short walk to riverside or a boat ride to DTD. I'd go there :)

disneyshane88

Would definitely have to recommend Port Orleans FQ. I stayed there July 2013 and the parks were pretty darn busy. Very crowded and lots of tour groups. And I don't think any of those crowds were staying at FQ. Lol it was extremely quiet and mostly dead. Which was nice for me and my family. As for the food court I have mixed feelings. They have some New Orleans style food choices there aren't quite "authentic". Now let me elaborate. I'm from New Orleans and the foods they were offering were definitely not up to New Orleans food standards. For example the shrimp po boy wouldn't stand a chance down here lol However it wasn't terrible. If you are not used to New Orleans food or never had authentic N.O. food I don't think you'll mind it all. Besides that the food court was good.

Buzz2001

My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink. A resort rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom