Animal Kingdom Ride Ideas

Which Animal Ride Would You Want To See Added To Animal Kingdom?

• Total voters

LunaBlue

Original Poster
So, I've been thinking about this for awhile. What if you were to take Classic Disney animal rides and give them their due respect in the Animal Kingdom. And before you start think, "So what, you want to be another person to suggest adding new dark rides to the parks?" I'm not saying that at all. In fact, I'll only suggest a new dark ride once at the most. So yeah, not a lot of dark rides.

Lion King Elephant Graveyard Roller-coaster
Most people remember the first time they watched the scene in The Lion King where Simba and Nala are being chased by the hyenas and slide down a rib cage, over skulls and all over the elephant graveyard. And, hopefully, I am not the only person who thought, "Hey, that would be an awesome roller coaster!" My basic idea is the ride would start inside a dim building that looks similar to the edge of a grassland, with dead grass and a "dark sky" look. The queue would be like walking through the pride lands, and thecloser you get to the ride the more you get a feeling of leaving the pride lands and entering a sort of 'no-mans-land'. You get into a ride cart that is sleek and dark grey with black spots, similar to the pattern of the hyenas in the movie. There is a loud hyena laugh sound that signals the start of the ride. From there the ride starts by going forward along the 'edge of the pride lands' and then a small drop takes place and suddenly you are in the elephant graveyard facing a large elephant skull. In front of the skull are animatronic Bonzai, Shezi and Ed. The ride slows down to a stop in which the animatronic characters make some of the same jokes they did in the movie about wanting a cub sandwiche, etc. Suddenly the ride lurches forward Rockin' Roller coaster style and you hurtle straight towards the skull and the hyenas. At the last second the cart turns to the left and speeds past the hyenas. It gets dark and all you can see are flashing lights that resemble the shape of large bones and you hear the sound of scrambling foot steps, giving the illusion that the hyenas are chasing you. The ride goes through a series of twists and turns in which you are given the feel of being in an actual elephant graveyard. Suddenly the ride slows slightly and the cart climbs uphill. At the top of the hill you are outside and aware that you are truly up in the air. The ride then dips and you begin a down hill course through a long rib cage, much like in the movie. Still outside you continue the winding course. To the right at the bottom of the hill you see and animatronic hyena forcing an animatronic Zazu in the 'Birdy boiler'. The course winds some more before slowing down again and coming inside. To the right when you first come in you see a shadow of Mufasa fighting the hyenas and you hear roaring. You move forward a little further and on your left you see a life size animatronic Mufasa fighting the animatronic hyenas. Then the ride ends and you move back to the staging area.
So, what do you think so far? I will edit my idea as more comes.

Parker41056

Old topic but wanted to provide by thoughts on an Animal Kingdom 2.0.. Been thinking about what a large scale expansion and renovation may look like for the park. I seem to swing back and forth on a few of these ideas but here are my thoughts present day:

1) Create a Pride Rock iconic structure with a trackless Lion King dark ride in it's base, The land would then extend into a Rain Forrest area where you would find a Tarzan hanging coaster that whips in and out of the tree tops. Land would have sounds and some areas than randomly rain/mist at times. On the other side of the forested area would be a Ropes Course (Shanghai) with table service restaurant on the mouth of a river/lake and perhaps a family friendly Pteradnon flyer like attraction through the tree tops exploring the many high dwelling species high atop the rain forests setting.

2) As for Dino Land - I would re-skin this to Ice Age and focus on the animals of the arctics. On top of the current dinosaur structre, I would build an 'Ice Mountain' and have a 'clone like' of Disneyland's Mattahorn Bobsleds where guest are sliding down the icy structure on bobseds. At the base of the mountain would be the existing Dinosaur show building but retro this to an arctic tundra adventure using an off-road style snow vehicle where we are trying to help Scrat and cast of Ice Age characters retrieve his acorn where guests would slip and slide through the attraction facing wind, snow, and even some cold arctic splashes. As part of the update, I would add some projection mapping screen to the walls of the attraction to add some additional dynamics to go along with the physical sets. This land would also see a re-skin of current quick service to a snow inspired eatery with a penguin exhibit that you can enjoy while you eat.

3) In the expansion plot next to or adjacent to Everest, I would build a Marine Institute facade that would house an attraction and some aquatic exhibits and tanks. This would allow, Nemo the Musical to remain as part of this land. Not quite zeroed in on the featured attraction but something akin to the Crush Coaster in Paris. Perhaps the next gen Crush Coaster 2.0.

4) Add the rumored Jungle Book Attraction using Pirates Shanghai ride tech..

5) Lastly, I would add an expansion to Pandora creating a high capacity stage stunt show pitting humans against the Na'vi.. Theme would be based on the next round of theatrical releases. Also, included in this expansion would be a Pandora Table Service offering.

What's not included in my ideas would be an Indy Land or Zootopia. I would have to see how how popular the Zootopia attractions end up being up and how successful the second film is in order to look at this as part of the Animal Kingdom 2.0 but as of now, these IP's really don't fit.

What do you think?

Miru

I don’t think Ice Age is liked enough outside of China anymore to merit a land of its own. Maybe a single ride, but even that would be out of place given how weird and wacky Ice Age is after the first (basing it on the first would work). Dinoland is in most need of a revamp and I agree Indy would not fit at all.

Parker41056

I don’t think Ice Age is liked enough outside of China anymore to merit a land of its own. Maybe a single ride, but even that would be out of place given how weird and wacky Ice Age is after the first (basing it on the first would work). Dinoland is in most need of a revamp and I agree Indy would not fit at all.

I saw another blogger who mentioned an Australian overlay to Dino Land. That could be interesting too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom