Technique for steadier hand held shots.

NowInc

Not bad. He should have mentioned that you should hold your breath as you shoot. It COULD come in handy on dark rides, but not as well as if you're standing (obviously). Rides move, regardless of how stable YOU are. However..this is something that can be good in a "just in case" of a hard stop.

Personally I do one of two things: Rest the camera on my bag (which when on my lap can put my camera at almost eye level with me), or Monopod (my tripod converts to one). Nothing is fail safe.

Still best to get fast glass, but a crutch always helps :)

PhotoDave219

Not bad. He should have mentioned that you should hold your breath as you shoot. It COULD come in handy on dark rides, but not as well as if you're standing (obviously). Rides move, regardless of how stable YOU are. However..this is something that can be good in a "just in case" of a hard stop.

Personally I do one of two things: Rest the camera on my bag (which when on my lap can put my camera at almost eye level with me), or Monopod (my tripod converts to one). Nothing is fail safe.

Still best to get fast glass, but a crutch always helps :)

Ehhhhh I always exhale instead of holding your breath. Think of a trained sniper.

Frankly, the camerabag is the best idea IMO.

ddbowdoin

Ehhhhh I always exhale instead of holding your breath. Think of a trained sniper.

Frankly, the camerabag is the best idea IMO.

I agree... the camera bag is a novel idea. I'm not sure about digital camera but my Hasselblad has an easy mirror up setting, so that helps tremendously. Isn't that something that has to be executed in a menu though on a DSLR?

NowInc

I agree... the camera bag is a novel idea. I'm not sure about digital camera but my Hasselblad has an easy mirror up setting, so that helps tremendously. Isn't that something that has to be executed in a menu though on a DSLR?

Mirror up mode, at least on mine, is just a dial you turn. It does help, especially on longer exposures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom