Hidden gem - watch Wishes from behind the castle

kbmb

Original Poster
First, do make sure to see Wishes as normal in front of the castle. But if you already have I can tell you, if you like fireworks in general, be sure to catch Wishes from behind the castle (right outside New Fantasyland).

It really is a great experience that is not crowded and you are really close to the fireworks. You hear all the normal speaking and music.

Note that most of the fireworks are shot off if you are looking away from the castle....so don't grab a spot close to where the rope the area off and look at the castle, that's not where most of them go off. It's always funny to watch those people and then have them have to move a bit to turn around and see them.

As a bonus, there is also a Cast member (can't recall his name) and he will basically put on a show for you as if he's directing the fireworks. Granted he must have seen them hundreds of times to get the timing just right.....but he is really good and enjoyable....my kids had a blast watching him and the fireworks.....plus he gives a great idea of when to turn back and forth based on where they are shooting from.

So if you don't like packing in like sardines to catch multiple Wishes shows out front.....definitely catch them out back!

-Kevin

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Watching them from the hub or Main Street provides the most picturesque view of the show, but watching them from Fantasyland is probably second best. I like to watch them from the bridge next to 7DMT. What's really impressive is from here you are very close to all of the fireworks that fire from the sides of the castle. Also, you have fireworks on both sides of you so its like the show surrounds you.

Mike S

Got this great picture earlier this year of Wishes in Fantasyland.
image.jpg

horizons82

Not long ago my wife and I happened to be in Tomorrowland enjoying the cake cups from Cheshire Café. Anyhow, we had lost track of time and didn't know that Wishes was about to start.

We moved from the tables at Cheshire to one of the benches right outside of Cosmic Ray's, and it was really an interesting and enjoyable spot to watch from.

As others said, viewing from this off angle you lose part of the 'design' of the fireworks, but it made for an interesting experience and we felt VERY close to some of the ones as they went off--closer than I've felt to fireworks at any other place in the park.

While not the best view, the almost zero crowds in the area--along with our own mini dessert party with the cake cups--made for a really memorable and even romantic experience.

JIMINYCR

We were running behind and suddenly realized Wishes was about to begin. We started rushing over the pathways towards the castle and decided we would not make it. Being in the area behind the castle we stopped and watched from the place we were and was pleasantly surprised at how much of the fireworks we were able to enjoy. Not the best but now we dont panic or rush knowing we have an alternative spot to enjoy.

bethymouse

We were just walking around, and happened to see Wishes from that area in the back as well. Neat perspective ( but this was before NFL).

RodSerling123

My favorite place to watch wishes by far is while riding big thunder mountain. That ride is one of my favorites so riding that with wishes in the background is simply magical. It's makes both experiences that much better

stuey222

If you've seen them from a couple different places and want a new experience, try them from ON Big Thunder Mountain. I did that once and it is really cool. Seems like the fireworks are exploding right in front of you.

Maelstrom Troll

Our top two places for Wishes are on the People Mover and at the entrance to New Fantasyland. The show surrounds you, it's hard to know which to look next. Really an amazing experience.

Marc Gil

You know what's even better?

Watching the fireworks on Astro Orbiter.

I did it once during the New Years Eve fireworks rehearsal. It was breathtaking!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom