What are your Disney trip essentials?

DJ7203

We leave in a few days & I should probably think about packing. But since this trip is a secret surprise for our daughter we can't really pack right now. She doesn't miss a thing, plus she is super nosy lol! I am actually shocked that I have been able to keep this trip a secret from her. Anyway, we are planning to get all our packing done the morning we leave after we drop her off to school & have everything in the car & ready to go by the time we pick her up from school. I am just praying we don't forget anything. I found some really great packing lists for Disney on Pineterest.

So what are some of your must have items that you always pack for Disney trips?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Credit card - you don't know what bargains you'll find in the shops that you hadn't budgeted for.
Camera - with large, empty memory card, battery and charger
Passports !!!
Sunglasses, sunscreen and baseball cap - that Florida sun can hurt if you're not careful

Upvote 0

Figaro928

Cheap ponchos/rain gear are a must

Go to JCpenny's or maybe even Claires (depending how old your girl is) to get reasonably priced Disney jewelry and accessories - it'll save you a bundle at the park -plus time shopping

I'm not exactly fit so between carrying the kids/pushing the stroller and all the walking my legs and feet were achy by the end of the day. I got a mint and eucalyptus cream at my local health food store. It was great to put that on after a long day in the park.

OK last one... make fun of me all you want. Poopourri. In a small hotel room, with the DDP - it was a Godsend.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

You are going to Disney during a very hot hot hot and rainy season. Don't forget:
-rain ponchos
-hand held fans or water spritzers
-frog-toggs work great ....find them. On Amazon
-granola bars....snacks
-water bottles...I use one with a filter so water doesn't taste so bad
-camera or smartphone and charger
-comfy shoes preferably 2 pairs to switch every day

-band-aids and blister/antibiotic cream
-Advil
-any prescription mess in original package
-sunscreen and aloe
-hats
-extra contact lenses if you wear them

I always take some extra Disney gift cards...they can be purchased at your grocery or drug store. Tuck them away for any "unexpected" purchases.
I bring my own toiletries too....Disney's are great but I have sensitive skin so I know what works for me.

Have a Magical Trip!:cat:

Upvote 0

GrammieBee

Lightweight rain jacket. If the wind is blowing, a poncho is practically worthless.
Comfortable, well broken in shoes.
A hat or cap. Most people never give a thought to the possibility of sunstroke.
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Sunburn lotion, in casr you forgot the sunscreen.
Bandaids or moleskin, in case the shoes weren't so comfortable after all.
Credit card with an adequate balance and/or lots of cash.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SMS55

I think you should start packing because you'll forget stuff the morning of the trip. Just tell her you, your husband or both of you have to travel for work. Maybe leave her clothes for last or something. We pack at the last minute but we make a few trips a year and it's for a long weekend. We don't take much. How long are you going for? Pack mainly shorts and t-shirts. You won't need anything long sleeve unless your planning a dinner at a nicer restaurant. Sunscreen if you're from up north, because you'll burn. Ball caps and ponchos. It will probably rain at some point since it's still summer. Since you're driving you can pick some stuff up at Wal Mart. If you take Osceola Pkwy east you get off at St Rd 536. Make a left and it will take you right behind Wal Mart.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Plenty of DVDs for the road trip, camera and battery charger for camera, cell phones and chargers, plenty of cash, credit card, snacks, pin lanyards, laptop computer and charger

Upvote 0

6laurac

Small packs of Kleenex, wet wipes, Zyrtec or Claritin if you have allergies, Croakie to wear with sunglasses since I constantly take mine off and on, chewing gum, Carmex, extra Throlos sock if wearing running shoes, favorite tested crossbody bag like Kipling Alvar or Vera Bradley hipster

Upvote 0

JohnD

If you're driving, take bottles of water in a cooler. There should already be a frig at the resort. If not, get ice and keep them cool. Take whatever bottles of water you can carry with you into the parks. 20 oz bottles cost $2.50 at WDW. By contrast, I've been able to purchase a 24 pack of 16 oz Zephyrhill water for $4.99.

Portable charger for your mobile device. I was standing in line for Soarin once with a 2+ hour wait. The phone had less than a 30% charge on it. Plugged it into the mobile charger. Phone in belt clip, charger in pocket. By the time I got off Soarin, it had a 90+% charge on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GrammieBee

Remembered two other essential items.
Any perscriptions or over the counter medications you take on a regular basis.
A pair of small sharp scissors. Good for loose threads, cutting off sale tags, broken nails, trimming moleskin and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

Laundry basket if your driving, great for carrying lots of small items from the car at check in, also for dirty cloths in the room. We freeze some bottles of water for the cooler it keeps the drinks cold, no melted ice, and extra water when we arrive. We also pack a toothbrush holder, works great in a hotel room. As others have mentioned the we always take a power strip for charging all the phones, cameras, and other little items. Have a great trip, we did something similar several years ago, the kids did guess where we were headed once we got on the road.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Clorox wipes. I wipe down everything...and I mean everything before we settle in. I also bring small or medium size Rubbermaid food storage containers for packing snacks for the trip home. We always buy several treats to bring home or for the road trip and this keeps them dry in the cooler. (caramels, chocolate, etc). clothes hamper, power strip, Ziploc baggies (great for keeping things dry and also for ice packs) and one roll of pre-wrap...my girls use it for make shift hair bands, holding ice bags in place on knees or ankles, etc.,

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom