What characters would you want to see represented in the parks more?

Matt_Black

Makes you wonder why Disney hasn't added any of these movies into some awesome dark rides/thrill rides at Animal Kingdom! I mean.. The only animal movies they have there are Finding Nemo, The Lion King, Dinosaur, A Bugs Life.... aaannd.... what else?

I know they used to have The Jungle Book show, then replaced by Tarzan, THEN replaced by Nemo. But why couldn't they incorporate them throughout the rest of the park though? So many movies you can add to AK.. Robin Hood, The Jungle Book, Tarzan, Rescuers, Fox & the Hound.. Heck! Even Mr. Toad and Figment could be a great addition here! Figment could've been a walk-around character in Beastly Kingdom! Even with dreamfinder probably.

But what do we get..?? Avatarland... Great theming Disney. Animals. Yep. Definitely works. Mmmhm. -sarcasm-

Of those you mentioned, Rescuers and F&H aren't considered big hits or classics, at least not the way that Jungle Book or Lion King are. Robin Hood is kinda borderline.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Of those you mentioned, Rescuers and F&H aren't considered big hits or classics, at least not the way that Jungle Book or Lion King are. Robin Hood is kinda borderline.

That wouldn't particularly matter of the attractions are done very well.

In fact, if the rides are done VERY well, I'd bet people would be interested in watching the movies.

Matt_Black

That wouldn't particularly matter of the attractions are done very well.

In fact, if the rides are done VERY well, I'd bet people would be interested in watching the movies.

Yes, well, there are a lot of IPs that that could see a surge in popularity if Disney took the time to promote them, but they only want to promote the things they know will sell.

morningstar

He didn't mention Bambi, which is a huge classic. It fits perfectly in Animal Kingdom, except that there is no "North America" continent to put it in.

Anyway, I actually appreciate that there is a lot in Animal Kingdom that is not based on pre-existing IP: Kilamanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest. The trend for everything to be based on blockbuster movies is a more recent obsession. Fortunately Animal Kingdom was built just before that.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Some more characters that I wish were more relevant in the parks.. Not in the way Disneyland has it in Haunted Mansion.. But I think Nightmare would be a great musical stage show between September and January!

(Note that only the first two pictures are actual Disney costumes)

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/09/jack-sally.jpg
Oogie-Boogie.jpg

images
IMG_0638.JPG

NightmareBeforeChristmas.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
, definitely. A dark ride would be great.

Would love if they bring the Ratatouille ride over here from France.

More Indiana Jones.

Wreck It Ralph would make a really neat attraction. Maybe in DHS?

And of course...Star Wars. More meet and greets at other times besides Star Wars weekends. More attractions.

I'm with you on Star Wars. Perhaps they can repurpose the AFI & American Idol buildings for Star Wars. :joyfull:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Meet the Robinsons dark ride in place of speedway (would work perfectly withTomorrowland theme)

More goofy, my favorite character

Goofy does have his own ride, though! Donald Duck has two, despite the title of one :p (Mickey's Philharmagic, 3 cabelleros) Interesting out of the three main guys Mickey doesn't have anything. He makes some cameo appearances, he HAD a house.. We should get Mickey Mouse Revue back!

KaliBomb8910

YES!! Imagine how AAAAWESOME a thrill-darkride of this could be! How intense!!!

Like.. similar to the style of The Mummy or Spider-Man at Universal! Not necessarily the exact same style, but that kind of thrill ride. That would be PERFECT and it would honestly drive in a lot of people.

Why is this not happening!? I would love it if they did more with the Kingdom Hearts series!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom