Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk7

Just spent some time on the phone with Disney Reservations and Disney Dining.
Hotel ressie is now linked to MDE and all ADR's were swapped out from four guests to three.

Here's my dilemma (and what a lovely dilemma it is), I now have 2 extra dining credits per person. When I booked HDDR, the full charge went to my credit card, which is where I'm going to leave it. I have nothing booked for the 1st and 11th (as I did not know flight times) or for the 10th, for some reason.

Do I:
Book a single credit dinner ADR for each of the 1st and the 10th?
Or splurge and use both credits for the Yachtsman on the 10th?

Here's my thinking - with the new $10 no show fee, I am hesitant to book for the 1st, just in case we encounter a travel snafu. We should be landing at MCO before 11:00 a.m., but ... things change.

On the 11th, we will end our day shopping at DTD, so will use a CS credit at either EoS or WPE. Or both, if we have spare credits.

So, back to the question - 2 ADR's, or a giant hunk of meat @ The Yachtsman on our final full day?
Yachtsmans

seahawk7

ADR's, in case you care:
1st - nada
2nd - The Wave (dinner)
3rd - Chefs de France (dinner). I am not married to this one. Could be Yachtsman night.
4th - Kona (OOP - breakfast) & Narcoosee's (dinner)
5th - 'Ohana (late dinner). Not happy salad has been replaced with stupid lettuce wraps.
6th - Via Napoli (dinner)
7th - Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch - you know, for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake)
8th - Hoop Dee Doo (Tier 1 - OOP, 8:30 show)
9th - Raglan Road (dinner)
10th - nada
11th - Have to be on our way to airport by 6:00 p.m.
I like your choices.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
On Fridays, Son #2 only works until 3:00. On our way home, we usually stop at the butcher's and the Farmer's vegetable stand.
For the first time ever, he noticed that there were goats in a pen at the far side of the parking lot.

Behold my super cool 18 year old rebel talking to, petting, and playing with said goats.

View attachment 63091
View attachment 63092
View attachment 63093

Thinking this work that he likes is starting to rub off on him. I like that side of him-story. Those who are kind to animals are good folk.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Did you look at the Wilderness Lodge offerings? They have a boat launch to MK so that wouldn't be bad. For some of our QS lunch meals we ate at the Contempo at the Contemporary. It was a good change from QS in the parks.
Yeah, I considered Wilderness Lodge. Having had their AYCE platter before, I fear that meal may end up being too similar to HDDR, a few nights later.

Also, somebody here might know - did they remove the bottomless shake as a non-alcoholic drink choice on the DDP? It used to be included, but I recall reading somewhere that it no longer is.

I keep hoping to snag something at the Garden Grill (Epcot), but so far, ZERO luck.

Gabe1

Yup. No meltdowns at all when he's been with me this trip. He also knows that we'll be back in a few months, so he knows he'll have another opportunity. Now I just have to keep him calm about this thunderstorm...

Wow. That is really good.

Pixie Dust. Good luck with the thunderstorm. One woke everyone up here in the middle of the night

Gabe1

Yeah, I considered Wilderness Lodge. Having had their AYCE platter before, I fear that meal may end up being too similar to HDDR, a few nights later.

Also, somebody here might know - did they remove the bottomless shake as a non-alcoholic drink choice on the DDP? It used to be included, but I recall reading somewhere that it no longer is.

I keep hoping to snag something at the Garden Grill (Epcot), but so far, ZERO luck.

Look at the Garden Grill menu. I think there have been recent changes to that meal too.

As a back up? Coral Reef. My DD doesn't eat fish and liked both their vegetarian meal and steak. Me I love eating all Little Nemo's friends. Love Fishes.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Look at the Garden Grill menu. I think there have been recent changes to that meal too.

As a back up? Coral Reef. My DD doesn't eat fish and liked both their vegetarian meal and steak. Me I love eating all Little Nemo's friends. Love Fishes.
Coral Reef is a "one and done" for me, despite having been there each of our past four trips.

I have done some tweaking:

1st - nada
2nd - The Wave (dinner)
3rd - Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner). Switched from Chefs de France
4th - Kona (OOP - breakfast) & Narcoosee's (dinner)
5th - 'Ohana (9:45 dinner). Still on the cusp of changing this one.
6th - Via Napoli (dinner)
7th - 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner). New!
8th - Hoop Dee Doo (Tier 1 - OOP, 8:30 show)
9th - Raglan Road (dinner)
10th - Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch). Switched from the 7th
11th - Departure day - planning on late lunch at DTD

I am finally happy with everything except 'Ohana.
Hubby and SIL are no help either, as they just keep telling me how I'm really good at this and how I've never steered us wrong before ... except for Mama Melrose. (6 years ago! Geesh, get over it. Besides, my food was outstanding that night.)

StarWarsGirl

Not sure. Our ADR @ 'Ohana is at 9:45. I've had end of night food there before. It's better earlier.
And, I am seriously ticked about the salad and the chicken skewers being removed.

In all fairness, if I know I'm dumping 'Ohana, then it's better to do so sooner rather than later, so that someone else can snag it.

We are at MK that evening, so I'd prefer something in-park, or on the monorail.
Ever tried Kona?

StarWarsGirl

Okay, I know this isn't the dining thread, so ... apologies.

That being said, would you swap a 9:45 'Ohana for either a 9:30 Teppan Edo or a 9:15 San Angel Inn?
Teppan Edo. Never had a bad meal there. Just be aware that it is a Japanese Steakhouse and that unless you have a larger party, you will be seated with another party (or two, the table seats 7-9). We love it and unless we do our quick trip eat there twice.

trr1

I was beginning to think that was your home and you were its queen!
no I'm the Queen !

rupaul600_r620x349.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom