Battle of the Mountains

Which Magic Kingdom Mountain is the best?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 58 49.2%

• Total voters

mergatroid

I voted Space Mountain for nostalgic reasons probably. There's just something magical about it for me, seeing it, entering the tunnel and the excitement of riding it. Technology wise it's not a patch on Splash Mountain but on a personal level I enjoy it the most.

JIMINYCR

Splash.... Gets my vote. Length of ride, theres a story line throughout the ride, cool characters, colorful, musical, excitement building before the big drop, creepy vultures, a chance to get wet, a photo to collect, then after the drop the ride doesnt end... theres more to experience. BTMRR & SM are quick and over with before you know it.

mattdenine

My vote is for Splash, I loved Song of the South growing up so hearing the music and seeing the characters bring be back to childhood.

Beholder

I'm going with Space Mountain. It became this legendary attraction while I was growing up, hearing that someone had a heart attack after riding, seeing the signs that warned you if you had medical conditions, and being in the dark, those things combined created this aura of danger. As a 9 year old, it was the scary thing I'd ever been on. Splash is probably more fun if I'm honest, but Space Mountain will always have special meaning for me.

righttrack

Space

Why? Re-ride-ability. It's a thrill each time you are on it because something always surprises you. The queue just transports you from a noisy theme park so well.

cheezbat

Anyone who votes for Space in its current form is batty!

Even with Big Thunder not having all its effects working, it's still a far more comfortable and enjoyable ride than Space.
But Splash is a step above both. With the flume system with fun drops, tons of audio animatronics, memorable music, and a very long ride with a story to tell...it just can't be beat.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Some road side gift shops in the South do sometimes have the dvd. Sure they aren't supposed to but they do.
Ooooh that reminds me someone once got a European vhs of it years ago and made me a copy. I wonder if I can get a local photo shop to transfer it to a DVD? Maybe my old vhs player still has a burner to dvd function....note to self to check it out...she gave it to me after I bought new DVD player and I never attempted to watch!

Edited to add hands down my first mountain love will always be BTM, only wishing it was longer, but the theming the speed is just right for me, makes me laugh the entire time, and the detailing I seem to notice something new each time I ride. Just the other days I noticed the names of the owners of the Dry Goods store....U Wither and D Hydrated....LOL....barely had time to read, but looked at my photos and there it was....it was cool when we discovered the old engine at ride end is from the Disney movie Hot Lead and Cold Feet...and had to look to see which "brother" drove that one....:)

Haymarket2008

I'm gonna have to say Splash Mountain. It truly is the best attraction of the mountains. BUT that isn't saying much because all of them are best of the best. Space Mountain is a close second.

Capsin4

Splash...it's a long, fun ride with a lot to see. It's the ride closest to telling a true complete story I can think of and it could take you a few trips to get all the nuance. The only drawback is my kids can't go on it yet, but that's true of all the mountains. Can't wait to share that with them the way we enjoy small world.

Maelstrom Troll

Out of the three, it is pretty close to a tie. Splash is a wonderfully immersive ride combined with the apprehension of the big drop. Space keeps you guessing, but sometimes I feel a little beat up after riding it (Probably because I keep my neck down as I illogically fear being decapitated). BTM is also a wonderful ride, especially in the dark. The lights and sounds mixed with a dark track make it even more fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom