AOA vs port Orleans

Lexie

Original Poster
Need advice for a friend! She is traveling with three adults and three kids. Trying to decide between aoa and port Orleans. I have only stayed at port Orleans and love it so I think I am biased... Don't want to give her bad advice. Any opinions between the two? She has only stayed at Polynesian in past and loves it but has a smaller budget for this trip....

Dwarful

Well, its tough. We started our trip last summer at Port but got moved to AoA. We were two adults and three girls...tweens, teens. PORS was tight squeeze and we were grateful when we were moved. We were put into a Cars Suite. Are they planning on splitting into different rooms? How old are the kids? How long are they staying. Our girls loved the feel of AoA much more than PORS. We had no complaints about the bus service, food court, rooms, etc.

Smaller budget they could do one suite at AoA and still have two defined sleeping areas and two full bathrooms. So if the suite is cheaper than two PORS rooms then that is how I would go. Plus you have the benefit of the mini-kitchen. The mousekeepers did a great job keeping supplies filled....paper towels, paper plates/bowls/cups, coffee, plasticware etc.,

We have stayed at Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Old Key West, PORS, Coronado, all of the values with different scout/ school trips and now AoA. Our favorites are the Epcot Resorts but we were very happy at AoA.

Dwarful

I would go one room at an AoA Suite in a heartbeat. Our kids (and pretty much all of the kids we saw at AoA) had a great time. The theme is just so amazing. The main pool is fun, but we actually loved the Cars Cozy Cone Pool. The rooms have a door that divides them. Two bathrooms, lots and lots of storage. The beds that pull down from the table and chairs or pull out of the sofa are both easy to set up and comfortable to sleep on. I would not hesitate to go back to AoA again.

JTT

POFQ is awesome. My favorite mod resort.

It's a small resort so it's easy to get around. Great theming, well maintained. Food court easy to get to, not crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom