Line length for Gringotts

Mukta

Original Poster
I will be in the parks on 8/21, 22 and 23. I am not staying onsite.

Are the lines for this ride really going to be 4 to 5 hours long? Do I have no shot of riding it?

2 adults. Any advice is appreciated.

DisneyDaver

I will be in the parks on 8/21, 22 and 23. I am not staying onsite.

Are the lines for this ride really going to be 4 to 5 hours long? Do I have no shot of riding it?

2 adults. Any advice is appreciated.

Any chance you can make a switch and stay 1 night on-site?

Jahona

I was there in July and the line was only a little longer than an hour when it listed the wait time as 150 minutes. I think it varies depending on how many ride vehicles they have running at one time. When I was there they had issues with scenes properly syncing when they added more than three vehicles.

Edit: failed to mention we didn't arrive until noon.

Johnny Hess

I was there today (general admission) and when the park opened at 9, the line was at 105 minutes from the early admission guests. We hopped into Single Rider and got on in about 30 minutes. The line was moving steadily while we waited, but it did break down for about 5-10 minutes while my friends were on the ride, so there are definitely still bugs.

Mukta

Original Poster
Our hotel is already booked. We are staying at the Doubletree. I think we will go for single rider.

danpam1024

we were there 8/9 (Saturday)- around 2pm the line was 120 minutes. We did not wait (DS was with us)- had it just been me and DH we would have grabbed a beer and waited.

JoeCamel

does single rider queue skip all the best parts of the queue?

Yes, single rider skips ALL the themed parts of the queue. It is a long hall then you are in the dungeon and up the stairs to the loading platform while the regular line winds out back where there is a vault cart like in the movies, through the lobby with the chandeliers and goblins,down a hall to the photo op and past the goblins offices with some cool effects on the frosted glass, Bill's office and the elevator. Do the main line at least once, it is worth the wait.

cheezbat

From what I've seen recently, standby wait times are averaging between 90-150 minutes.

Nowhere near the 5-8 hour waits they had the first few weeks.

meggo819

Oops. This is where I meant to post. Any chance lines will be shorter mid-September on a Tuesday? Or still 90-150 min?

Mukta

Original Poster
I went on the ride today. I got into line at 2 pm. I used Lines app from touringplans.com and I waited exactly 61 minutes. The posted wait time was 75 minutes. Not bad at all. Well worth it to see the queue.

riogirl

We were there last Sunday 8/17 and noticed the wait times went from 105 mins to 120 throughout the day-we walked by about an hour before the park closed and wait was still 105-we actually were the last people let in line before they closed up-I timed our wait and it was only 1 hour-that was with a 10-15 min delay I am assuming the ride stopped because we were waiting in same spot for this time-SOOOOOO worth the wait and I am NOT a Harry Potter fan-just wanted to try the ride that is so popular. I was amazed at the technology and modern feel of the ride itself-Loved it and would love to ride it again!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom