What did you do?

LindsayLoves

@fmingo36 - hope your toes are healing up. Doing stuff like that is my biggest fear before a race, like I've training for xx number of weeks only to have my plans derailed by my own clumsiness.

Today 7x800 @ 3:40, r/i of 1:15ish between each (with one at 2 minutes :depressed:) with w/u and c/d totaling around 6.7 miles. This workout was miserable. It was super humid which made my recovery intervals a death shuffle as opposed to a nice slow jog. Glad tomorrow is a rest day. :happy:

dreamfinder

40 Mins of bike work today.

Today 7x800 @ 3:40, r/i of 1:15ish between each (with one at 2 minutes :depressed:) with w/u and c/d totaling around 6.7 miles. This workout was miserable. It was super humid which made my recovery intervals a death shuffle as opposed to a nice slow jog. Glad tomorrow is a rest day. :happy:

Not too shabby at all. If you hold to the Yasso 800's school of thought, if you can get 3 more of those in there at that pace (for a total of 10) then your marathon finish should be approx within 5 minutes of 3hr 40mins.

LindsayLoves

Not too shabby at all. If you hold to the Yasso 800's school of thought, if you can get 3 more of those in there at that pace (for a total of 10) then your marathon finish should be approx within 5 minutes of 3hr 40mins.

I am indeed putting Mr Yasso's method to the test, I am doing the 800s a bit faster than my goal time but I am hoping that results in a nice surprise on race day. I am so happy to only have three more sessions left before the marathon.

Kristia

Boy, I am behind here! Things have been pretty busy around here lately. I have been running and have been trying to keep up a 4 days a week running schedule. I had to take last week off though due to some sort of upper respiratory thing. I had a fever for three days and just felt horrible in general. Did 5.75 miles on Sunday, 3 miles yesterday and 4 miles today. My paces have been a little slow. My lungs are still not quite back to normal. Hopefully I can pick up the pace soon. I have about 7 weeks till my next half marathon and 78 days till the W&D!

diddy_mouse

Did a mediocre 2 miles today. Left foot was having some weird cramp, outside of the ankle and in the arch. It started at work today and would come and go. Glad I didn't cramp up during the run but I wasn't feeling 100%. See how things are tomorrow.

LindsayLoves

Things I destroyed this morning before work.
- 8 miles
- an enormous iced coffee and breakfast sandwich after previously mentioned 8 miles.
- a handful of peanut butter filled pretzels - these are my weakness

@Kristia - hope you feel better soon, are you doing the RnR Philly Half?

dreamfinder

4.5@6:58&.5 incline w/1/4 w/u&c/d. I need to find a way to get to the gym 5-10 minutes earlier, without waking up any earlier. (3:45 is early enough darn it) I keep having to cut these middle distance sessions short by 1/2-1 miles as I just don't have the time.

LindsayLoves

4.5@6:58&.5 incline w/1/4 w/u&c/d. I need to find a way to get to the gym 5-10 minutes earlier, without waking up any earlier. (3:45 is early enough darn it) I keep having to cut these middle distance sessions short by 1/2-1 miles as I just don't have the time.

Run faster to make up the mileage? :hilarious:

Today to avoid a 3:30am wake up I decided to run to work for the first time. I got to "sleep in" until 4:30 and then comfortably fit in my 8 miles and a shower before clocking in at 6:45am. I am not sure if this will be feasible for my marathon goal pace runs but it worked for today so I will go with it. I do need to figure out exactly how I am going to do 10 miles at MGP before work on Fridays, coming in September/October for peak.
Please note this is all my fault for being stubborn and keeping my long runs on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays as the training plan has laid out.

dreamfinder

Run faster to make up the mileage? :hilarious:

Today to avoid a 3:30am wake up I decided to run to work for the first time. I got to "sleep in" until 4:30 and then comfortably fit in my 8 miles and a shower before clocking in at 6:45am. I am not sure if this will be feasible for my marathon goal pace runs but it worked for today so I will go with it. I do need to figure out exactly how I am going to do 10 miles at MGP before work on Fridays, coming in September/October for peak.
Please note this is all my fault for being stubborn and keeping my long runs on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays as the training plan has laid out.

Eh, I'd be very happy to get 10k distances down to the low 6es. Which would indeed make up the mileage.

Wish I could run to work 60ish miles of highway commute doesn't a good run make. I think even @Donald Duck would spend more time running each day then actually being at work. You can fit in your 10 miles, just run faster..... = p Or at least invest in a good headlamp.

a2grafix

After a mild summer, the heat and humidity are back in Memphis. Ran a measly 2.40 miles in 30 minutes or so Friday morning at 8am. It was already 77 with 80-percent humidity. By the time I finished it was 82 but it felt like 88. Good, steady pace, half the route in the shade amongst the tall buildings with a southerly breeze. Glad I got it done.

It's going to hurt Saturday and Sunday. Saturday morning at 6am is 5 miles with the half marathon training group (marathoners have to put in 11). Sunday is another 5 miler at another park but I will be volunteering as a course monitor. Lows - about 77, highs 98-100. Two weeks ago was the first 5-miler and it was in the 70s, but this Sunday is going to suck for all the runners and walkers. Even at 7am.

a2grafix

Seven weeks ago I ran a virtual 4-miler with the Team Red White and Blue crew in Florida. It was their Firecracker 4-miler / 10-miler. This week I got the finishers medal and shirt. Though Disney has some awesome finishers medals, this one is special to me. I'm part of a really cool veterans organization. So awesome that a RWB chapter came up with a run like this. More are in store no doubt across the country.

4-miler solarfit rwb.jpg

atrus79

As per the Galloway plan ... 9 miles this morning at a 10:59 p/mile pace. First time I've run over 6.2 miles since my half marathon is April, so my endurance was shot when I hit mile 7. My p/mile dropped a whole minute those last two miles ... glad to be working on endurance so early in the program.

JillC LI

I like the chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels they have at Trader Joes. If I allow myself to buy a bag, it is only because I have deceived myself into thinking that THIS time I won't finish the whole bag in one sitting. Yet I always do. Maybe 2 sittings if I'm feeling some self-restraint! :hungry:

Great medal @a2grafix.

Kristia

Things I destroyed this morning before work.
- 8 miles
- an enormous iced coffee and breakfast sandwich after previously mentioned 8 miles.

@Kristia - hope you feel better soon, are you doing the RnR Philly Half?
Thanks! No, I wanted to do something different this year so we are doing the Shades of Death Marathon in Allamuchy Township, NJ. It is held on legendary Shades of Death Road and you get a grim reaper medal!

a2grafix

79 degrees at 6am for a 5-mile run with the Memphis Breakaway St. Jude training group you say? Bring it. And I did. I thought Friday was tough, Saturday was even worse. At least I knew my pace, slowed down, hydrated a ton. I'm only half crazy. The marathoners who trained with us had to run 11 miles. By 7am when I finished it was 81-82 but mix in muggy air it felt like 88. Yes, 7am. Feels just like Orlando most of the year, but slightly more oppressive. Gah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom