Extended refurbishments

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
What's with Disney extending the times on Bugs Life, Astro, and now Mickey's philharmagic? I was looking forward to riding/watching these.

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
While it does stink that an attraction you want to see is closed during your tip, refurbs and closures are necessary. You can't keep everything open 24/7 and keep everything working. Disney tried that for a while and they are paying the price. I would much rather see a refurb extended and get it right.

I agree, but still stinks was really looking forward to seeing my Mother in law's reaction on bugs life. Guess it will have to wait til next time.

Daxiegirl

I understand also but am still sad that as a newbie I don't get to experience these attractions and may also miss Maelstrom if they move it ahead a few days. I wasn't able to book TTA either at my 60 days but hope that it will be or is already fully functional again. From photos posted I'm under the impression it is.

Taking it one day at a time...at least there will be extra time for other things right? ;)

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I enjoy TTA as much as anyone. It's something that the whole family enjoys together. That being said, not using a FP on it is a blessing in disguise. You won't wait long to get on there. It cycles constantly and eats lines up.

Chef Mickey

I understand, it's a downer.

However, I'm trying to view it as a positive. I'd even sacrifice Disney taking down a couple of my favorite attractions during my trip if they fixed it with love and care instead of rushing. I hope this is a sign of more lengthy and comprehensive refurbishments to come and not just simply running behind schedule.

They've been so hesitant to take rides down at all, I feel rides that NEED refurbishment don't get what they need. With being open 365 days, there is just no way to keep everything open all year and that's a good thing for us.

I'm looking at you next:

Expedition Everest
Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain
Tower of Terror
Soarin'

stevehousse

I understand also but am still sad that as a newbie I don't get to experience these attractions and may also miss Maelstrom if they move it ahead a few days. I wasn't able to book TTA either at my 60 days but hope that it will be or is already fully functional again. From photos posted I'm under the impression it is.

Taking it one day at a time...at least there will be extra time for other things right? ;)

Ok really??? A FP for TTA :hilarious:

The line is one of the fastest moving in the MK and u do not want to waste a FP on it! I love the ride just as much as the next Disney fan, but save it for something worth it that u know will actually have a long line...

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
I understand, it's a downer.

However, I'm trying to view it as a positive. I'd even sacrifice Disney taking down a couple of my favorite attractions during my trip if they fixed it with love and care instead of rushing. I hope this is a sign of more lengthy and comprehensive refurbishments to come and not just simply running behind schedule.

They've been so hesitant to take rides down at all, I feel rides that NEED refurbishment don't get what they need. With being open 365 days, there is just no way to keep everything open all year and that's a good thing for us.

I'm looking at you next:

Expedition Everest
Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain
Tower of Terror
Soarin'

Carousel of Progress is getting a little refurb - it closes on Sept 22 and supposed to open back up on Sept 27

Chef Mickey

Carousel of Progress is getting a little refurb - it closes on Sept 22 and supposed to open back up on Sept 27
That's one of my favorite attractions. This is a perfect example. While possible, I'm not sure 5-6 days is enough to completely rip out the seats, carpet, and replace with new. Also need to fix audio issues and clean up John's animatronic!

But I'll reserve judgement until I see what they do! I hope it's not just dusting. :) That theater needs an overhaul.

rct247

It's either two things. They either realize it needs more work and are actually doing more or they outside contractors who bid on the work claim they can do it the shortest amount of time (and the cheapest amount) to get the bid then once they get the bid they say they need more time. Still the same amount of work planned, just takes more time to do. What do you think it is?

BTW, TTA has never and will never have FP or FP+ (or even Standby+ for that matter).

psukardi

I'm glad they are doing extended refurbishments on rides as they need to happen. Take a ride off-line for a bit and go through the work order and re-open it. The only issue is that at certain parks you don't have many alternatives. Example: if they closed test-track for 6-8 weeks the place would really be hurting for an E-ticket ride

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
I'm glad they are doing extended refurbishments on rides as they need to happen. Take a ride off-line for a bit and go through the work order and re-open it. The only issue is that at certain parks you don't have many alternatives. Example: if they closed test-track for 6-8 weeks the place would really be hurting for an E-ticket ride

I'm happy they are fixing the rides that need it, but it still stinks when you were expecting the ride to be opened by the time you get there to see it being extended and opening after you leave. Guess it will just give me another reason why I need to return to the World :). As for Test Track i'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't like the ride and wouldn't mind it being shut down for refurb, but my husband and kids do :happy:

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
It's either two things. They either realize it needs more work and are actually doing more or they outside contractors who bid on the work claim they can do it the shortest amount of time (and the cheapest amount) to get the bid then once they get the bid they say they need more time. Still the same amount of work planned, just takes more time to do. What do you think it is?

BTW, TTA has never and will never have FP or FP+ (or even Standby+ for that matter).

I'm thinking its due to the contractors not finishing up in a timely manner but I could be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom