AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

Maybe they've started small vertical construction

I think we really need some of this to start, as well as accompanying photos. We are in need of some actual new construction photos to dissect and discuss. The conjecture on the upcoming changes to Maelstrom and DHS, although interesting, is leaving me wanting. And even though I am interested in the Disney Springs work, it just can't compare to a true expansion at a major theme park.

I am anxiously awaiting aerial photos, and cannot wait (although it probably won't be until well into next year) for good, solid photos of construction. These particular threads on this site will be very busy when that happens. We need something real to chew on, not alleged Star Wars additions, etc.

doctornick

I am also pining for construction photos . . .

Here's a blog that has a few from around AK . . .

http://www.jamboeveryone.com/

They talk about the path from "new" Harambe to Pandora. At this point, we can't be exactly clear what the borders of Pandora will be, though my impression is that it will take over undeveloped land south of CMM rather than any land north (towards Africa). So, it looks like there will be a sizable walk from the FOLTK area to Pandora. I wonder what, if anything, will go along that walk.

I'd still love to see that space used for a smaller land to help flesh out the park. Something small like It's a Bug's Land or Pixie Hollow or more ideally a dark ride heavy Critter Country. It's not a huge space, but if you use current backstage land, you could put in a few smaller attractions and a quick serve.

Or that would be a great area to put in a train or monorail ride/connection to AKL

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They talk about the path from "new" Harambe to Pandora. At this point, we can't be exactly clear what the borders of Pandora will be, though my impression is that it will take over undeveloped land south of CMM rather than any land north (towards Africa). So, it looks like there will be a sizable walk from the FOLTK area to Pandora. I wonder what, if anything, will go along that walk.

I'd still love to see that space used for a smaller land to help flesh out the park. Something small like It's a Bug's Land or Pixie Hollow or more ideally a dark ride heavy Critter Country. It's not a huge space, but if you use current backstage land, you could put in a few smaller attractions and a quick serve.

Or that would be a great area to put in a train or monorail ride/connection to AKL
DVC kiosk and maybe a place selling turkey legs. Can't have too many turkey legs;)

flyerjab

Lion King Dark ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

They have cleared the land up to and a little beyond where the theater was, so it's possible the land will stretch pretty close to where that path will come out of Africa.

doctornick

Lion King Dark ride.

I wouldn't mind it, especially as they could consider that part of "Africa" as being the wild outside of the village of Harambe and thus the domain of wild animals -- like Simba and his pals.

That said, I'd rather see some space developed that would fit in different IP that is not appropriate for elsewhere in DAK. I've long felt that some sort of Critter Country that could house stuff related to Bambi, Pocahontas, 101 Dalmatians, Lady & the Tramp, etc. would be good and could be done relatively simply as a way to expand attraction capacity with longer hours on the horizon; they could probably reuse some of the props from CMM for such a theme.

They have cleared the land up to and a little beyond where the theater was, so it's possible the land will stretch pretty close to where that path will come out of Africa.

Interesting. It will be interesting to see how new aerials look in this regard. That would be a pretty massive area for Pandora if they go all the way from the old undeveloped area used for parking up to where the FOTLK bathrooms are. Might put some credence into the idea that in addition to the Soarin' 2.0 and boat rides that there might be a walking "animal trail" with AAs of life on Pandora as an attraction somewhere in all that space.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wouldn't mind it, especially as they could consider that part of "Africa" as being the wild outside of the village of Harambe and thus the domain of wild animals -- like Simba and his pals.

That said, I'd rather see some space developed that would fit in different IP that is not appropriate for elsewhere in DAK. I've long felt that some sort of Critter Country that could house stuff related to Bambi, Pocahontas, 101 Dalmatians, Lady & the Tramp, etc. would be good and could be done relatively simply as a way to expand attraction capacity with longer hours on the horizon; they could probably reuse some of the props from CMM for such a theme.

Interesting. It will be interesting to see how new aerials look in this regard. That would be a pretty massive area for Pandora if they go all the way from the old undeveloped area used for parking up to where the FOTLK bathrooms are. Might put some credence into the idea that in addition to the Soarin' 2.0 and boat rides that there might be a walking "animal trail" with AAs of life on Pandora as an attraction somewhere in all that space.

Assuming they are going to build the Soarin ride building that was in the leaked plans, it takes up a large area. Here is how large it would be in comparison to the land (note that location is arbitrary). The boar ride is only partially in that building so it also would take up a good chunk of land.

av3-jpg.56965

Tom

Beta Return
I know someone a little while back said that once an aerial photo is taken after the concrete has been poured and settled, you could start to formulate some idea of the layout of the new land. Definitely anxious to see the next set of aerial shots.

yeah i believe @Tom said this

Correct. If someone posts high quality aerial shots once foundations have been poured, I should be able to determine quite a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom