What are the best reward credit cards?

magnanimous66

Im thinking about getting a Southwest rewards credit card or a Sapphire preferred card, racking up the points and using them towards airfare. everything seems a bit confusing though. Wondering what's the best card to do this with. cheers

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Im thinking about getting a Southwest rewards credit card or a Sapphire preferred card, racking up the points and using them towards airfare. everything seems a bit confusing though. Wondering what's the best card to do this with. cheers
Out of both of those Sapphire is better but last I checked Sapphire has a $95 annual fee after the first year. We love our Disney Premier Card and earn a lot back and had a $49 annual fee( regular Disney Card does not have one) but if you want more flexibility Sapphire or Capital One is better preferably Sapphire. Sapphire will convert point for point to most rewards clubs points like Southwest and most hotels etc. So Sapphire is very flexible. :)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It depends on what your biggest vacation expenses tend to be... for us, airfare is a huge component, and we're able to cut its cost on half (saving us $500+) every two years, using a JetBlue AmEx card. No other rewards program would save my family as much, but "which card is best for you" depends on your family's spending habits (and the amount you are able to charge to a card monthly and pay off in full every month, so you aren't paying interest charges)!

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I love my Mileage Plus Club card, get lots of miles and access to President's Club with United. It does have an annual fee that covers the club costs, but I have already gotten 3 free tickets worth of miles out of it.

Upvote 0

Bocko57

The Disney Premier Card can be used for Air Travel too. You purchase your Air Travel on the Disney Premier Card and then you redeem your Disney Reward Dollars for credit on your monthly statement. There is more specifics to the process but that is basic concept on how to use it for air travel. In the past I have used my Reward Dollars to help pay for our yearly trips. Now I am saving up for a big trip for my DD's graduation in 2017.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

It's going to depend on how much you buy things whether an annual fee card is worth it or not.
Even with Disney Premier you can get 2%, but that is measly. I just got the card when the $200 bonus was going on and cancelled it.

I buy everything I can on credit cards and pay them off every month. Don't forget to check and see if all your utilities can be paid with credit card.

Here are my 3 favorite credit cards. All three have NO annual fee.

1. Chase Freedom- This card has revolving cash back bonus every 3 months, and 6 months of the year it is 5% cashback on gas. There is also a 5% bonus on 3 months of restaurants, 3 months of lowes purchases, and 3 months of Amazon purchases (around Christmas time!).

This link gets you a $100 bonus after spending $500 and gives me an incentive.
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=F9TN&CELL=TY7&MSC=1493858284

2. Bank of America Cash Rewards Card. I like this card because it ALWAYS has gas at 3% cashback on gas. It also always has grocery stores at 2%.

This card also has a $100 bonus after spending (I don't see the minimum spending limit and time frame on the main page)
http://promo.bankofamerica.com/ccsearchlp7/?method=PS&code=VAB8RC&channel=s&cm_mmc=Cons-CC-_-Google-PS-_-bank of america credit card-_-Brand Credit Card HV Exact

3. Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Card. I find this the craziest card offer. It's definitely the one everyone should use that is super easy! "Earn $25 per quarter towards your balance when you pay more than the monthly minimum and on time each month...that can be up to $100 each year"

For this card, I pay ONLY my internet bill. That is all. Pay the bill in full when your statement comes every month and you get $25 every three months! Plus you get more money if you deposit the rewards money into a BOA checking account (which I actually don't have, I actually hate BOA). Definitely the highest return for your money.

This one does not have a introductory offer, but it's so easy to get massive rewards I think it is worth it.
https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VAB8TJ
(ex. 3 month of internet at $34.99 per month is dropped to $26.66 after the $25 bonus [34.99 x 3 = 104.97. 104.97 - 25 = 79.97. 79.97 / 3 = $26.66]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cgulls

The Disney Premier Visa gives 2% but the rewards can be used for ONLY Disney stuff. CASH BACK is almost always better because you can use the rewards on anything, including on Disney stuff. I like:

- Amazon Visa for Amazon purchases (3%) and restaurants (2%). On our next WDW trip, I plan to use the Amazon card at TS restaurants and hope they get coded as restaurants (and not as a resort purchase) to get the 2% back. The MagicBands will be put away during dinner.
- BofA Cash back. 3% on groceries (up to $1,500 per quarter limitation) plus 10% bonus for rewards deposited into your BofA account.
- I cancelled my Disney Premier Visa. I keep the basic one but only as a conversation starter. :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Forgot to note or main card we use is Disney Premier and usually we earn at least $1000 before each trip and we go sometimes every year (been the last 3) and sometimes every other year. We use that for extras likesouvenirs, food extras (sometimes towards dining plan) etc. So the annual fee is worth it for us over the regular Disney(we have one of those too from before Premier came out). We are earning our rewards a lot quicker just using it like a debit card and paying it off each month.
We also have Chase Freedom(for whatever the quarterly earn is) citi Thank You etc that we use to earn gift cards for restaurants or shopping we like around town etc. We don't use these often so it takes more time to earn rewards but we do like them. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom