Top Three Table Service Restaurants in MK Area

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
My DH and I love spending evenings in the MK and usually it makes sense to eat dinner in the park or a nearby resort. I would love to know what are your top three choices for table service restaurants in the MK area and why? :hungry:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Ohana....pricey but more food than you will ever know what to do with.
The Wave...off the beaten path, unique food choices you don't get anywhere else, affordable.
The Plaza...easy to get into, cheap, and a decent selection of well prepared food.

GrammieBee

1.Liberty Treee Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. Good hearty food served family style in a colonial atmosphere.
2.Trails End restaurant in Fort Wilderness. Reasonably priced buffet offerings a pleasant boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom.
3. For a lighter meal, The Plaza restaurant in the Magic Kingdom

If you want to ride on the monorail, the Grand Floridian Cafe is nice.

With these restaurants I am assuming you want to spend most of your time in the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

zurgandfriend

IMHO
In the park – Sit Down
Be Our Guest
Plaza Restaurant
Liberty Tree Tavern
In the park - Counter Service
Cosmic Rays
Pecos Bill’s
Columbia Harbor House
Magic Kingdom Resort Area – Signature
Victoria and Albert’s
California Grill
Tie - Citrico’s or Nacoosee’s
Magic Kingdom Resort Area – Non Signature
Kona Café
Grand Floridian Café
Whispering Canyon Café

GrammieBee

Victoria and Albert’s
California Grill

It starts and ends with those two....

Wow!
Without a doubt they are both fine dining restaurants. However, they are not exactly where you go for dinner while visiting the Magic Kingdom. Victoria and Albert's wouldn't even let you in if you were wearing the usual park clothing. They both deserve an evening all to themselves; more of a romantic date night with some wine and then watching the fireworks from the top of the Contemporary or at the Grand Floridian beach.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of your replies!

We tried Tony's last year for dinner on the last night of our trip and I hate to say that it was very disappointing. Maybe they were just having an off night... I'm not sure, but it was not good at all. We ended up going to eat at Columbia Harbour House right after because we were still hungry. I'm hoping not to choose that badly again.:(

DH and I tried 'Ohana on our last trip and really enjoyed it! I was our anniversary and we were sat at a table for two next to the window... the view of Wishes over dessert was unforgettable! On our next trip we're going with a very good friend of ours and my DMIL. My friend, myself, and my DMIL love food but I just don't think we could eat enough to get our money's worth at 'Ohana. Plus it's hard to get a reservation.

I was thinking of trying Kona Café that way we can enjoy a Lapu Lapu (or two) and still have the pot stickers and wings! Their dessert looks delicious too...:hungry:

I am also looking at Trails End because it seems to be a real Gem... it's at a price point that I think is reasonable for the amount of food us three ladies will be able to eat at a buffet. Plus the pictures look really great.

I am also seriously considering The Plaza as well. The desserts look wonderful and we can stay right in the park!

We'll be spending three or four evenings in the MK on our next trip so I'll need to pick a few restaurants. I'm glad that many of you agree with my top three tentative pics so far! So helpful! :happy:

belledream

Thank you so much for all of your replies!

We tried Tony's last year for dinner on the last night of our trip and I hate to say that it was very disappointing. Maybe they were just having an off night... I'm not sure, but it was not good at all. We ended up going to eat at Columbia Harbour House right after because we were still hungry. I'm hoping not to choose that badly again.:(

DH and I tried 'Ohana on our last trip and really enjoyed it! I was our anniversary and we were sat at a table for two next to the window... the view of Wishes over dessert was unforgettable! On our next trip we're going with a very good friend of ours and my DMIL. My friend, myself, and my DMIL love food but I just don't think we could eat enough to get our money's worth at 'Ohana. Plus it's hard to get a reservation.

I was thinking of trying Kona Café that way we can enjoy a Lapu Lapu (or two) and still have the pot stickers and wings! Their dessert looks delicious too...:hungry:

I am also looking at Trails End because it seems to be a real Gem... it's at a price point that I think is reasonable for the amount of food us three ladies will be able to eat at a buffet. Plus the pictures look really great.

I am also seriously considering The Plaza as well. The desserts look wonderful and we can stay right in the park!

We'll be spending three or four evenings in the MK on our next trip so I'll need to pick a few restaurants. I'm glad that many of you agree with my top three tentative pics so far! So helpful! :happy:
I definitely recommend Kona Café. I don't normally do Asian at WDW, but their subtle taste is spot on. And yes, the
Kilauea Torte is absolutely amazing.

The Plaza is a good choice as well. It's a relaxed and charming little place. Good prices. I would so go there this year if I wasn't on the dining plan lol!

Trails End is on my list for the future too! :hungry:

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
The Plaza has reasonable prices and is just a comfortable place to sit down and enjoy a meal.

Crystal Palace is a tradition for us. Always our first TS meal in the parks and has been a favorite since we took the kids on their first trip. It' s more nostalgia than great food.

We always take a boat over from the MK for a meal at Whispering Canyon Café. I grew up on a farm, so meat, potatoes, and bread make my world go round. It's a nice bit of comfort food for me and you can't complain about leaving hungry.

1900 Park Fare is always fun at the GF. We enjoy breakfast there but I put the character interaction at dinner with Lady Tremaine and the Step-sisters as some of the best on property.

Dog Ate Mouse

For the DW and I we love to have dinner at the following:

1) Grande Floridian Cafe - Good Steaks and food served at this resteraunt.
2) Liberty Tree Tavern - Can't go Wrong With Traditional American Classics
3) Cinderella's Royal Table - Good tasty Food and makes us really feel the WDW experience.

The Incredible Schmulk

My favorites would be:

California Grill - It's easily one of the best restaurants inside the Disney World bubble. It's a top three overall, in general, so it's a given that it's a top three in the Magic Kingdom area. The prices are steep, but it's one of only a handful of restaurants in any of the parks or resorts where I would say that the cost is justified, or at least representative of the care and quality of the food that is offered.

Artist Point - The seasonal offerings and specials are the reason to hop the boat from the Magic Kingdom and head on over to the Wilderness Lodge for a meal here. The regular menu is good, but it's pretty much on par with the quality and expectations of any of the other area signatures that aren't Victoria and Albert's or California Grill. The specials, though, they are often very much an experience indicative of the region and feel that the restaurant represents, and sometimes have ingredients that you would be hard-pressed to find anywhere unless you channel your inner hunter-gatherer and obtain them yourself. It's at the same time rustic and refined, casual and fancy. You get all of the fuss without any pretense.

The Wave - A third pick was tough. I kind of consider everything left to be at a lower level than the first two on this list to varying degrees, from slightly above average, to indifference, to outright disdain. I decided to just go with the place where we have had the most meals. Due in small part to its proximity to the park gates and in large part to its fantastic lounge, the Wave has hosted us more for lunch while in the Magic Kingdom area than any other location inside or outside of the gates. The bar itself is rarely crowded, so it's never a problem for us to just walk in, belly up to it and order a beverage and a couple of items from the bar menu. You can also order from the main restaurant menu, if so inclined, which we sometimes are. It's not the greatest menu around, but for a lunch destination it fits the bill nicely. The ingredients are fresh and the dishes are well-executed. It's a nice respite from the parks, in a cool environment (both environment and color).

It's never a problem for us to dine at the signatures after hanging out in the Kingdom all day. We like to dress up a little bit when we dine out, so I usually bring a backpack with a change of clothes for my wife and me, along with a few items so we can freshen up. I stash it in a locker at the beginning of the day, and then when we get to the hotel that houses our dinner destination, we just duck into a restroom to change and pretty ourselves up. It's easy to do, so I wouldn't let being in park attire and touring all day discourage you from enjoying a night out at one of the fancier options in the area should you want to indulge a little bit.

DizneyPryncess

Kona Cafe (my personal fave)
'Ohana
Be Our Guest

We also enjoy Cali Grill, usually on a park day off so we can get a little more dressed up, and watch the fireworks from the table or the deck.

Disney Shib

1. O'hana - the sides are so good i'm usually stuffed before the meat is even served!
2. California Grill - only been here once but was really satisfied.
3. Grand Floridian Cafe - rosotto, rosotto, rosotto... that's all I have to say about that!

WDWoptmist

Ohana- Such a unique Disney meal with incredible food and cool Disney atmosphere
California Grill- The best viewing of Wishes far and away
Victoria & Alberts- Consistently voted not only the best in Disney but the best in Orlando and even Florida as a whole

Narcoose's, Citricos, Artist Point, The Wave are all very good as well

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
1. California Grill: the food is excellent, the space is so light and airy with good views, & you can watch Wishes from here (you can come back with your receipt that same night to watch them).

2. Whispering Canyon: fun atmosphere, all you care to eat skillet and all you can drink milkshakes

3. Liberty Tree: lunch because of Ooey Gooey Coffee Cake, the turkey dinner is really good too

I would have added 'Ohana but I was disappointed in June. The wing that I love were a little under seasoned and the skin was flabby. But it could have been an off night. Normally the place is fantastic, so it gets an honorable mention today.

CamiCan

I definitely recommend Kona Café. I don't normally do Asian at WDW, but their subtle taste is spot on. And yes, the
Kilauea Torte is absolutely amazing.

The Plaza is a good choice as well. It's a relaxed and charming little place. Good prices. I would so go there this year if I wasn't on the dining plan lol!

Trails End is on my list for the future too! :hungry:

Will check it out; my bf and I BOTH love all kinds of Asian cuisine and want to dine in style for at least one meal a day. Are in the process of making rezzies right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom