Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

EnchantedRose

Same here!!! I've been checking every few days!! What dates are you checking for? I have been checking for 10/3-10/12 and NOTHING! I may just go ahead and book the Pirates Fireworks Cruise....sounds like fun. A bit more pricey but still not crazy expensive!

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
Same here!!! I've been checking every few days!! What dates are you checking for? I have been checking for 10/3-10/12 and NOTHING! I may just go ahead and book the Pirates Fireworks Cruise....sounds like fun. A bit more pricey but still not crazy expensive!
What is the Pirate Firework Cruise? Where does it run out of?

EnchantedRose

@PrittiPiglet
Here is the link with information. You do not get so many delicious treats as you would during the Dessert show, but we were planning on doing that for my sons 7th birthday since we will be spending it in Disney this year. This seemed like a great alternative...and since he is into Pirates I know he would love it. I am still going to keep searching for an opening for the Dessert Party but i'm keeping this is a back up.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/

Has anyone has ANY luck with a walk up to the Dessert Party!??! Or booking the day of the party!?

EnchantedRose

I would go with the Pirates and Pals over the Terrace Party, it is so much fun, much more interactive and great for kids. You get two meet and greets and the snacks are good enough.

It does sound like quite a lot of fun! Have you done this before? What was your experience if you have? My boys will be 20months and 7 at the time.

I believe if you want to cancel the dessert party, you need to like 5 days in advance. That would be a good time to check for openings.

Thanks for the tip! This is good to know!

lunchbox1175

It does sound like quite a lot of fun! Have you done this before? What was your experience if you have? My boys will be 20months and 7 at the time.
Yes, I have done both a couple of times, and for me the Pirates Voyage is more fun, as you get actual character interaction, it is a bit of a show, you get to meet Hook and Smee take a picture, you get a fun bandana and sword, there are snacks which are plentiful, and the boat captains are a lot of fun, they introduce each family and ask where you are from, as well as ask trivia and give little prizes to the kids. You also get to go by the Electric Water Pageant, as well. The view from the boat in front of the park is fantastic, as well as they also have the music synced up on the boat to the fireworks as well. I have been hesitant in the past to recommend it as it is a bit costly, but I have had many people that I recommended it to tell me it is the best thing for the money that they offer.

To me the Terrace party is just a bunch of deserts and staring up at the sky.....great to partake in once or twice, but I don't see us doing it again.

EnchantedRose

Yes, I have done both a couple of times, and for me the Pirates Voyage is more fun, as you get actual character interaction, it is a bit of a show, you get to meet Hook and Smee take a picture, you get a fun bandana and sword, there are snacks which are plentiful, and the boat captains are a lot of fun, they introduce each family and ask where you are from, as well as ask trivia and give little prizes to the kids. You also get to go by the Electric Water Pageant, as well. The view from the boat in front of the park is fantastic, as well as they also have the music synced up on the boat to the fireworks as well. I have been hesitant in the past to recommend it as it is a bit costly, but I have had many people that I recommended it to tell me it is the best thing for the money that they offer.

To me the Terrace party is just a bunch of deserts and staring up at the sky.....great to partake in once or twice, but I don't see us doing it again.

Compared to the Terrace Party the cost is a bit higher....but I don't find it expensive especially with what it consists of. I had read a few reviews on it and it seems a lot of fun! I may call up this week to book it! We want to do something FUN and different for our sons Birthday...and this may be it!

Sparkle81

We did both Pirates & Pals and the Dessert Party on our last trip, and much preferred Pirates & Pals. Such a fun atmosphere, and still a fantastic view of Wishes. Felt much more like an 'experience'.

jpittore1

We did the Dessert party I June and loved it. My children are 15 and 17 and we enjoyed the bite size desserts. We didn't have to fight the crowd and sit for two hours for a seat. The bonus for our family was it started sprinkling about 15 mins before the fireworks- we were covered and the fireworks still went off and no one stepped on my toes.

Attachments

• 20140612_211008.jpg
    20140612_211008.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 33

tare

Love the ttdp. I made my resies at 180 and another resie just 30 days prior. I would suggest keep trying cause it will eventually happen.

BrianV

We just had to cancel our reservation for August, so dates do open up. We booked at 180 days and had our choice of days.

We loved the dessert party when we did it several years back. Originally I thought we'd attend again, but since we are staying only for a few days, and at The boardwalk, we figured we'd catch the frozen fireworks this year instead.

Saying anything in disney is worth the money is a stretch, but it is a nice calm way to take in the fireworks show and be protected from crowds and a light rain.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We just did the dessert party for the first time. I liked the view and some of the desserts but it isn't going to be something we do all the time.

4401DisneyMom

We did the dessert party in June for my son's 13th birthday. Just wasn't that impressed. The desserts were good but we hadn't even finished eating when people had already taken their spots along the terrace wall for the fireworks. We've had more fun just watching the fireworks from within the park and certainly saved some money in the process. I had always wanted to try it so, now I can say I did ... but won't book again.

ToTBellHop

We did the dessert party in June for my son's 13th birthday. Just wasn't that impressed. The desserts were good but we hadn't even finished eating when people had already taken their spots along the terrace wall for the fireworks. We've had more fun just watching the fireworks from within the park and certainly saved some money in the process. I had always wanted to try it so, now I can say I did ... but won't book again.
Not my experience at all. We had enough time for two trips through the dessert buffet by the time people started lining up about 5 min before the show. And not having to deal with the crowds on Main Street was worth the price alone to me. We have it booked twice for our January 2015 trip!

BrianV

Agree.
Not my experience at all. We had enough time for two trips through the dessert buffet by the time people started lining up about 5 min before the show. And not having to deal with the crowds on Main Street was worth the price alone to me. We have it booked twice for our January 2015 trip!
We loved it. Even with people along the railing, the view was unobstucted and lovely. And the food was plentiful. Were supposed to be going in a few days but had to cancel. We may book for our march trip.

stevehousse

For the pirate cruise u get tons of snacks and drinks inside the contemporary and there are games an fun things for the kids to do. U then get a meet n greet with Hook and Smee. After that u go to ur boat, watch the water pageant and then wishes with th music piped into the boat. Once u return to the contemporary, Peter Pan welcomes u back and u he another meet n greet with him! The snacks r not as impressive as the dessert party by there is a bunch to choose from and also a freezer full of frozen Disney treats! Ice cream sandwiches and all te Mickey bars u can get ur hands on! :) we are contemplating doing this for our trip this fall. Our 2 boys would love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom