Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

I didn't think so. Consider yourselves fortunate. They come down here because it's way cheaper than going to Yankees games. Not a problem; it brings in revenue for the city. Red Sox fans do the same thing. The difference is that Red Sox fans are way more polite. A lot (not all) of them tend to be very rude. They also try to take over the stadium with chants, something I hate (I didn't like it when our fans went and did it to the Nats). Orioles fans have gotten better at drowning it out when it happens, but still. My dad gets rid of a lot of Yankees tickets unless he can get weekday tickets for this reason.

Anyway, hope you have a lot of fun. Sounds like it will be an awesome time. I also hope you win. Just cause you're going. ;)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I didn't think so. Consider yourselves fortunate. They come down here because it's way cheaper than going to Yankees games. Not a problem; it brings in revenue for the city. Red Sox fans do the same thing. The difference is that Red Sox fans are way more polite. A lot (not all) of them tend to be very rude. They also try to take over the stadium with chants, something I hate (I didn't like it when our fans went and did it to the Nats). Orioles fans have gotten better at drowning it out when it happens, but still. My dad gets rid of a lot of Yankees tickets unless he can get weekday tickets for this reason.

Anyway, hope you have a lot of fun. Sounds like it will be an awesome time. I also hope you win. Just cause you're going. ;)
It's approx. an 8 hour drive from NYC to TO. Plus, you have to have a Passport to get back into the States.

Here's hoping we win too. Last year we got rocked in the first inning (as I recall) and it was all downhill from there.

This is Jeter's last trip to the Rogers Centre, and Hubby thinks something special is planned for the first game of the series, which just happens to be our game!

StarWarsGirl

It's approx. an 8 hour drive from NYC to TO. Plus, you have to have a Passport to get back into the States.

Here's hoping we win too. Last year we got rocked in the first inning (as I recall) and it was all downhill from there.

This is Jeter's last trip to the Rogers Centre, and Hubby thinks something special is planned for the first game of the series, which just happens to be our game!
That makes sense. It's about 6 hours from NY to Baltimore, no passport, so they usually come down and make a weekend of it.

Even though I don't like the Yankees, Jeter has a lot of class and deserves the pomp and circumstance even though we'd like his team to lose. I would expect other teams to give him that out of respect, including my own, regardless of what team he plays for.

MOXOMUMD

That's great - on average they'll be comfortable!
Good thing with such small crowds, when you're cold move to the sun, when you're hot move to the shade. :) The last game I went to (granted it was a weeknight) but the crowd was so small--only a few thousand--they announced that everyone was welcome to move down closer to the field if they wanted. We stayed where we were in a section all to ourselves.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Looking at flights.

JetBlue and Southwest are identical in price.
JetBlue - better planes, individual tv's.
Southwest - 2 bags/person; arrive 3 hours earlier; leave 11 hours later, thereby not causing us to forfeit our last day.

What to do? Each is $1338.60 - non-refundable.

No brainer for me. Free Bag Check, 3 hours extra in park and a day in the park the last day. It trumps a TV and a better plane for a few hours. I just NAP anyhow.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Nice pictures!

We've been past the Blue Jays stadium back in 1992...ironically, only a few months before they won the World Series. Never been inside though.
My cousin, with whom I used to share a front to back duplex, is a scalper.
We used to get free tickets in exchange for giving him a lift to the Skydome.

We saw a lot of games in '92/'93.
We even spent the first full night of our honeymoon at the hotel there, catching a Sunday afternoon game.
Joe Carter waved at us.

And as I have stated numerous times; no, we were not THAT couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom