Princess Half

pixeemom

Original Poster
I got in! So excited! This is my 2nd runDisney event. First one was the Wine & Dine in 2011!
That's great, I know it was full in a matter of hours, my friend went to try at 6pm and it was full already, It took me 1 hour and a lot of refreshing.
But so far I still did not get my email confirmation, I did print out the receipt and I checked to make sure I am def. registered and I am....:rolleyes:

-em

This is the first year in 4 I'm not doing the half but couldn't stay away completely so doing the 5K..

As much as I love the race I hate running the race as every year its a horrible experience due to crowds at my pace where I end up 'not trying' after the first few miles not being able to run 'my' pace.. Last year I struggled through the crowds and was barely able to maintain 14 min miles with all the weaving the first 5 miles- the next week at my next race was running 9 min miles the first 5 (ended up with 12 min mile avg for the 10 miler) So decided to save the cash and headache and run the 5K then the next week run the Best Damn Race Orlando 10K (cost 5 bucks!) and Excalibur 10 miler

-em

pixeemom

Original Poster
This is the first year in 4 I'm not doing the half but couldn't stay away completely so doing the 5K..

As much as I love the race I hate running the race as every year its a horrible experience due to crowds at my pace where I end up 'not trying' after the first few miles not being able to run 'my' pace.. Last year I struggled through the crowds and was barely able to maintain 14 min miles with all the weaving the first 5 miles- the next week at my next race was running 9 min miles the first 5 (ended up with 12 min mile avg for the 10 miler) So decided to save the cash and headache and run the 5K then the next week run the Best Damn Race Orlando 10K (cost 5 bucks!) and Excalibur 10 miler

-em
oh wow I did not even think about the crowds :( my pace is usually 9:22 to 9:45 but I am running with two friends who's pace is at best 11:00 so I promised them I will be crossing the finish line with them, when I did the ToT, I ran ahead of them and finished about 25 mins before them and I felt bad going all the way to Florida with them and not sticking with them, i was not running for fun like I should have been. When I do halves here in my neighborhood those are for Pr's but I want to make Disney fun

twinfo3728

If have been reading some of the post about the princess half marathon. I am considering a 2016 try. Would love some input. I noticed it said it fills up quickly, is it all the races or just this weekend? Do they sign up on a certain day every year or does it vary? Any advice would be appreciated as this would be my first Run Disney event. Is this the race to start or should I try a different event (Tot, wine & dine, etc)?

Ariel484

If have been reading some of the post about the princess half marathon. I am considering a 2016 try. Would love some input. I noticed it said it fills up quickly, is it all the races or just this weekend?
It seems like all of the races are filling quickly. Although the Tinkerbell races are going more slowly this year...but yeah, assume they'll fill up fast.
Do they sign up on a certain day every year or does it vary?
It varies but it's around the same time each year. They'll post it ahead of time on rundisney.com
Any advice would be appreciated as this would be my first Run Disney event. Is this the race to start or should I try a different event (Tot, wine & dine, etc)?
I think you're the only one that can answer whether this is the best "first event" for you. ToT and Wine & Dine are night races, so that scares people off sometimes. They also don't go through the castle. I'd say dig up old course maps and race reports and decide which theme, time of year, etc. work best for you. :)

twinfo3728

Th
It seems like all of the races are filling quickly. Although the Tinkerbell races are going more slowly this year...but yeah, assume they'll fill up fast.

It varies but it's around the same time each year. They'll post it ahead of time on rundisney.com

I think you're the only one that can answer whether this is the best "first event" for you. ToT and Wine & Dine are night races, so that scares people off sometimes. They also don't go through the castle. I'd say dig up old course maps and race reports and decide which theme, time of year, etc. work best for you. :)
Thank you so much for the info! I will do some research. I really appreciate it!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My wife and I will be doing the Glass Slipper Challenge. While it's definitely not our first Disney race, it'll be our first multi-race challenge. I'll also pass 100 miles run at RunDisney races during the half.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If have been reading some of the post about the princess half marathon. I am considering a 2016 try. Would love some input. I noticed it said it fills up quickly, is it all the races or just this weekend? Do they sign up on a certain day every year or does it vary? Any advice would be appreciated as this would be my first Run Disney event. Is this the race to start or should I try a different event (Tot, wine & dine, etc)?

The registration day varies slightly year to year. I would definitely get registered the day it opens...it's cheaper, and the Princess half marathon events sold out in a few hours this year.

The princess half is a great race....by far my favorite route that Disney runs (shares the route with the January 1/2 marathon.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom