Tropical storm could hit close :-(

Tuvalu

Premium Member
<Putting on my stern Mom voice> STOP! You can't control the weather, but you can control your stress. You are going to Disney!! Disney is fun in the rain too! Your daughter is going to have a blast and so are you. Memories will be made and if you get caught in the rain, so what? Some of our most funny memories of Disney is how we trudged through the rain. And we have been there during a tropical storm. ;)

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Original Poster
<Putting on my stern Mom voice> STOP! You can't control the weather, but you can control your stress. You are going to Disney!! Disney is fun in the rain too! Your daughter is going to have a blast and so are you. Memories will be made and if you get caught in the rain, so what? Some of our most funny memories of Disney is how we trudged through the rain. And we have been there during a tropical storm. ;)

Haha I love you! So they won't shut down the parks if there is a tropical storm? I am determined to go!

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

In the event of a storm/hurricane, etc, there are set guidelines for when/if any attractions, or even the parks, are shut down (& that usually only occurs for a maybe 24-ish hour period of an actual hurricane). Disney is very good about taking care of their guests, and will make it clear if the weather gets bad enough to close the parks. In that case, they make sure everyone knows, and are taken care of until the weather clears and the fun resumes! :) They are also amazingly fast at clearing up any damage or debris. I've even read that some locals get rooms at Disney resorts if a hurricane is expected because of how well they handle storms, and how well their buildings are built.

Sorry, that went beyond your question, but I hope it helps you to be less stressed about being there if the storm does affect the area. We will be there too, and I don't love the rain, but we plan to have a great time, wet or dry!
I hope you are able to have a great trip, rain or shine, and make some Magical memories!! :)

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Original Poster
In the event of a storm/hurricane, etc, there are set guidelines for when/if any attractions, or even the parks, are shut down (& that usually only occurs for a maybe 24-ish hour period of an actual hurricane). Disney is very good about taking care of their guests, and will make it clear if the weather gets bad enough to close the parks. In that case, they make sure everyone knows, and are taken care of until the weather clears and the fun resumes! :) They are also amazingly fast at clearing up any damage or debris. I've even read that some locals get rooms at Disney resorts if a hurricane is expected because of how well they handle storms, and how well their buildings are built.

Sorry, that went beyond your question, but I hope it helps you to be less stressed about being there if the storm does affect the area. We will be there too, and I don't love the rain, but we plan to have a great time, wet or dry!
I hope you are able to have a great trip, rain or shine, and make some Magical memories!! :)

Your reply is just what I needed because I wondered what happens at the parks in the event of a bad storm. Glad to know it won't ruin everything. I figure if it does come to it hopefully the worst is that we may be unconvinced for half a day. Thank you for making me feel better ;)

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

We were there during tropical storm Deby. It rained from all day and all night for three or four days. We put on our rain suits and rainboots and stayed in the parks all day. We had a great time. Just be prepared if it does look like it will hit. Ponchos will not do. The wind is usually blowing hard and you simply can't keep any kind of dry in a poncho. Our clear rainsuits worked great. I also wore Mary Jane type speedo shoes some days. They were really easy to take the soles out at night and dry them. They carry them at most Target stores in a variety of colors and they don't take much room up in your luggage, whereas the rainboots do. We drive so it's not a problem for us to take whatever we might need. One downside is they usually cancel the parades and fireworks. We did have three really great days after the storm moved through. Everything seemed so clean.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom