On Site Driving Question

MaxsDad

Original Poster
We are staying at the GF next month. I was thinking I may have to run to the Hess to pick something up while we are there. I started thinking of how close that is, but a lot of the roads are one way going out in that area.

Is there a way back without continuing on out to World Drive? From maps, it looks like Car Care Dr. may take you back to a two way road. Any one do this before?

Rob562

Yes, you can get back onto Floridian Way to head north to the GF. You just need to do as you say and take the back exit, turn right onto Bear Island Road and then at the stop sign turn left onto Floridian Way.

Just be careful as there is a lot of Disney bus traffic in this stretch since their main hub is right behind the Hess station.

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you have a GPS with you I would advise downloading a Walt Disney World POI to make things easier. All you will have to do then is pick your destination from a list and follow the commands.

Rob562

If you have a GPS with you I would advise downloading a Walt Disney World POI to make things easier. All you will have to do then is pick your destination from a list and follow the commands.

Alternately, if you have a cell phone, try the Waze GPS app. Its maps are updated much more frequently than most stand-alone GPS units.

-Rob

MaxsDad

Original Poster
Alternately, if you have a cell phone, try the Waze GPS app. Its maps are updated much more frequently than most stand-alone GPS units.

-Rob

Funny you should say that, "if you have a cell phone",:

I finally broke down and got a smart phone back in June. I felt like WDW had pushed it so far as to force my hand in the situation with the whole FP+, MyDis Exp., etc. I felt that if you did not have one nowdays, you were at a severe disadvantage to other guest. I was fortunate enough to be able to get an iPhone at no upfront cost and very little additional monthly. My wife thinks its funny that WDW shapes my decision making, even for cell phones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom