Just checked the 10 day forecast........

DJ7203

And it looks like 2 good days & like 8 rainy ones! Gotta love the summers in FL :arghh: where can I buy some good but inexpensive ponchos?

DJ7203

Original Poster
Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

Walmart. Be bought the Frog Toggs versions. $5 a piece but well worth it. They are a little thicker than the WDW ones and made of a material that makes them easier to take on/off.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Walmart. Be bought the Frog Toggs versions. $5 a piece but well worth it. They are a little thicker than the WDW ones and made of a material that makes them easier to take on/off.

We bought the $0.99 Walmart clear ponchos.

As opposed to the thicker ones, they don't trap nearly as much heat and humidity in the event you want to use them... which this time of year is a huge plus.

They were extremely strong, and easy to put on or take off.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Wal Mart or Dollar store. Go cheap. Hopefully they will remain folded up in your backpack for most of the trip. Then if needed only have them on for brief moments to get to a store or a protected ride. Most of my trips have shown bad t-storms forecast but when we got on property theres been brief downpours and its more of a pain to get them out and put them on, then its over.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

The storms pretty much come and go quick. I have only bothered with putting on a poncho once during a downpour at Epcot one year. The forecast looks pretty good so far. Don't let the scattered Thunderstorms scare you it is just Late Summer in Florida. Let's just keep our fingers crossed no hurricaines or Tropical storms!

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

If it looks like it supposed to rain a lot each day and not just showers, I strongly recommend rain jackets with zippers for you and the kids. So much easier to put on and off and to turn inside out to put back in your bag.
We had the unusual in June where it rained almost all day every day. The days we used the jackets were so much better than the ones where we used ponchos.

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

We bought the $0.99 Walmart clear ponchos.

As opposed to the thicker ones, they don't trap nearly as much heat and humidity in the event you want to use them... which this time of year is a huge plus.

They were extremely strong, and easy to put on or take off.

Wal Mart or Dollar store. Go cheap. Hopefully they will remain folded up in your backpack for most of the trip. Then if needed only have them on for brief moments to get to a store or a protected ride. Most of my trips have shown bad t-storms forecast but when we got on property theres been brief downpours and its more of a pain to get them out and put them on, then its over.

We bought these in mass several years ago. We take all of them down, carry one at all times when in the parks, use them when the storm comes, then dispose of them in a trash can once the storm passes. No wet, additional clothing to lug around. However, i am having a hard time finding cheap ones in my area now. Wal Mart doesn't sell them here anymore. Sporting Goods store has them, but at about twice the price.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

As a Kentuckian I am getting a little nervous abut the Invest or Tropical disturbances going n right now south of FL...:( might be packing the rain pants too...

Upvote 0

SMS55

Those forecasts can change very quickly. Having said that, plan for it to rain at least a few days while you're there, but don't worry too much. The rain will usually pass pretty quickly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom