Downtown Disney's Festival of the Masters event cancelled for 2014

MissM

Aw man, I LOVE Festival of the Masters! We go every year and it's a dream of mine to be a vendor at that show some day. I agree with @Tigger1988 too; seems like a really late hour decision.

sjhym333

One would think with all the property around WDW they could find another location for this year (maybe the Boardwalk area?). My guess is that we may never see FOTM again

note2001

I hope they bring this back in future years, this event is more attracting to the older generation (you know, the one with grown kids and money to spare) than all the after hours and special parties. I know my parents will miss it.

Figment82

I hope this doesn't go the way of DCA's Food & Wine Festival. The whole "we're not sure if it'll be back next year" doesn't bode well for its survival.

And I might be in the minority, but I bought something almost every year. Granted, nothing outrageously priced, but I love Mullanium's steampunk-esque birds. I know a lot of people went just to browse the artwork, but I can't imagine the vendors would keep coming back if it wasn't worthwhile, either in regards to sales or awards. Guess I'll have to stick to the art show in Mt. Dora.

Jakester

It would be wise not to do any events to draw more crowds to that area of the resort while it's basically torn up. It's a nightmare with day to day crowds, no need to increase them until both the road and a garage are complete.

Ignohippo

I hope this doesn't go the way of DCA's Food & Wine Festival. The whole "we're not sure if it'll be back next year" doesn't bode well for its survival.

And I might be in the minority, but I bought something almost every year. Granted, nothing outrageously priced, but I love Mullanium's steampunk-esque birds. I know a lot of people went just to browse the artwork, but I can't imagine the vendors would keep coming back if it wasn't worthwhile, either in regards to sales or awards. Guess I'll have to stick to the art show in Mt. Dora.

I'm sure the doubt about next year is more likely because of the unknowns of construction.

I don't see this thing going away permanently. If anything, with the expansion of Disney springs, it could be much, much bigger when it returns.

Tatertot58

Very disappointed in the late announcement of the cancellation. I understand construction and all but you would think as big as Disney is there is another area. This would have been the 39th year for the festival. It would be a shame to cancel it permanently. I have alwaysy purchased some art at this festival and was looking forward to doing so this year as we had booked our vacation in February around this schedule as well as the Food and Wine Festival. You don't see them cutting back on running events and I am sure there were more people at this festival than at the running events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom