Olaf Band Questions

Tobe

Original Poster
1) This one is simple - Does anyone know if the Olaf MagicBands have sold out yet?
2) This one gets complicated - I want to buy one for my partner for his birthday. We won't be going until Thanksgiving Day by which time, I anticipate the Olaf bands will be gone if not the entire Oaken Trading store. I am thinking about having a friend who lives in Orlando pick one up for me and ship it to me. This would work except that my partner has not purchased his park ticket yet and the Character Bands are not at this time being sold without being linked to an existing ticket. However, I have an annual pass, so I am wondering if I have my friend link the band to my annual pass #, could I switch it to be linked to my partner's ticket once he purchases it.

This is probably as clear as mud but would welcome any input or other suggestions.

Thanks!

Tobe

Original Poster
Called Disney and found out you cannot transfer magic bands to other tickets once they have been linked to an account. :(

FrostyNaples

Since they just made all of this possible with the solid color bands (buy now, link later), there is at least some hope they would do this with limited editions in the future.

Maybe they will wait until sales taper off a bit, and then say anyone can buy them.

Cross your fingers and your toes!

sjhym333

Maybe you can send your friend the $ to buy a ticket for your partner and then add the Olaf MagicBand to that ticket, then your partner can upgrade the ticket you bought to whatever he wants.

Tobe

Original Poster
That's a possibility. We were going to purchase his ticket on Undercover tourist which brings up another question. Once the ticket has been delivered can we link it to his Disney account so we can start making reservations for fastpasses at our 60 day resort check-in window?

Rob562

That's a possibility. We were going to purchase his ticket on Undercover tourist which brings up another question. Once the ticket has been delivered can we link it to his Disney account so we can start making reservations for fastpasses at our 60 day resort check-in window?

Yes. You just enter the serial number on the ticket into the MDE website or app. (The app also lets you scan the barcode using the phone's camera)

Once you have both ticket and hotel reservation linked to a person, they can start making FP+ at the 60-day mark.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom