The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I lied about not saying anything else.Two more:

-And/or still has the "or" in it. Earlier you said it was one of JDM's "requirements" that the video be part presentation, which is obviously not true.
-Where did you give him a tip about how to prevent the Youtube video from not working? I don't see that anywhere.
No, I clarified.

He used a slash, you know, this thing "/" That means and, but it also means or. We chose the latter, you all chose the former. No shame in either game.

That being said...

I clearly stated in my revue of your presentation (where I couldn't see your English) that you could have used liveleak.

To quote.

"(as a side note, if it's a DCMA takedown, post on liveleak...they don't have that crap, and you can still embed here)."

Zweiland

No, I clarified.

He used a slash, you know, this thing "/" That means and, but it also means or. We chose the latter, you all chose the former. No shame in either game.

That being said...

I clearly stated in my revue of your presentation (where I couldn't see your English) that you could have used liveleak.

To quote.

"(as a side note, if it's a DCMA takedown, post on liveleak...they don't have that crap, and you can still embed here)."
So you admit you were wrong in the first post, with the "requirement" bit?

If so, no harm done. While I may not agree, I can respect all of your points.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So you admit you were wrong in the first post, with the "requirement" bit?

If so, no harm done. While I may not agree, I can respect all of your points.
I admit nothing.

Outside of the fact that I'm good at shaking my and that I shop at Walmart.

Zweiland

I admit it is up to Yesnid to judge what he said.
Yet you just admitted something, where earlier you stated that you admit nothing.

images

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You're right, and I do. But you can't deny that anything over the past page and a half is less shallow.

Anyway, I'm tired. So I'm done petty-arguing for the night. Hopefully we get results tomorrow!
Everything over the past page has been petty arguements.

We all know we can turn out great stuff, so lets do it.

If it's you all in this case, kudos to you all.

A very WELL deserved win.

Sam Magic

Thank you good sir.

Fantastic! I also sit there and tell my team mates...no, NEVER think about what the other team did last challenge and how capable they are as a group. And, NO never have the audacity to have your own thoughts on their concepts, much less share them.

View everything as a personal insult, and go from there, because that is how you get ahead in life.

I'm so glad I am raising my daughter with such an enlightened mentality as well.

(also, for the record, here is my quote about your video...it was fantastic.

Really well done.)

Please, do.

Actually, he uses a slash, which in english means that it's a combination of and and or and or "or" outright.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_(punctuation)

GIven his tone, we took it to mean he meant and/or. You all took it to mean "or" alone, and that is a valid concept (and I didn't say anything to the contrary).

Not sure what "song for with our theme" means, but we actually had OUR music called out in several revues / testimonials as one of the strong points of our presentation, as well as how the video played with it.

Really. So, what original art did you display? Or was it all snakes from existing Disney or other videos?

We animated OUR OWN COMMERCIAL.

We broke it down, and made it a reality. You all just stole stuff from other websites and made a fantastic (as I said then, and I'll say again) tribute video.

Please do.

WHAT brand. The DISNEY brand? You communicated nothing. And this certainly wasn't a "new brand", rather a shallow rehash of an existing one.

Do they. Like what? What is World Showcase at DLP. Please, enlighten me.

So, in other words, two parks (WDW/Disneyland and the old MGM at the time) copied poorly and shoved together...ok...yeah, that represents Bulgaria well. I'm so glad the EU agrees.

Oh, please keep going...your idiot friends may agree with this, but I grew up in Cold War Europe. Please, feed me more. We did make a greenhouse on Air, you know...FEED ME SEYMORE!

No comment.

No comment.

This is the most stupid conclusion I have read in months. But, you believe it, so it must be true, right?

If you took a moment to get off your "offended" high horse, you'd realize I realized this, and gave you a hint as to how to prevent it.

Once again, no reason to share this publicly. Though, I'm not surprised.

Lets not get into the "you don't know how it works" trope. I know the internet far better than you will ever dream to, mostly because I don't have a life.

I read all this, and was left mostly confused with ad homs (look it up) and useless statements.

But, I still say (as I said before you were so righteous), Team Land, you all did a great job! This is gonna be tough!
I specifically refrained from doing the kind of jabs that you displayed in this post. I simply wanted to clarify a few things about our project, but if this the autobahn you want to go down then let's go.

I do not tell my teammates not to have their own views, I tell them to refrain from saying what can be hurtful things publicly. This does not mean we do not discuss ways to improve...we do. Team Land beloved in being polite and respectful, if there is something wrong with that then fill me in because I would love to know.

Whether he used a slash does not matter, the slash still implied we could combine both or not, we chose not to. This is contrary to what you said about it being a specific requirement by Jdm.

That is great you guys made your own commercial, we did too. Sure we used clips from various films, but they all related to our parks. The only footage not related to DLP is the Buena Vista Street Clips which were placed in to represent the similar area found in WDS (our Hollywood area).

Your video and art was great as well, and the music was supurb.

What Brand? The campaign brand, every campaign needs a brand. From the motto, to the logo, style of the posters, etc. We had a brand. The brand communicate what we wanted to achieve, the discovery of new places and cultures. It's a theme that encourages people to go to the park AND discover a little something for themselves.

No comment on the culture expressed in the parks. You don't need a Workd Showcase to discover new cultures.

Now I would love to talk about Europe with you more in depth, but it seems as though you have been out of the round about lately (I'm sure you have not...)

As we both now the Front National of France, UKIP of the UK, Golden Dawn of Greece, and various other nationalistic parties have gained a rather frightening coalition in the EU Parliament with even Marine Le Pen vowing to destroy the EU from the inside. Furthermore, nations like France and the UK are not that in to the EU at this point. They see the triple dpi recession and have loss faith. Then swings in the nationals rallying up various factions. UKIP has become the UKs own Tea Party and has convinced Cameron to have a EU membership vote if reelected. Le Pen has capitalized on Hollandes presidential failure and is trying to change her parties image in order to gain control. The elections in France earlier this year even proved that the FN is gaining power in the nation, heck Le Pen herself almost took Paris. While I hope the FN and UKIP fail at their efforts the amount of opposition to the EU that is growing in many European countries is not only frightening, but something to be of concern. We addressed this in our proposal.

I appreciate that, but the video was never deleted, it is still there. Still, I'm taking more and will use it next challenge. I'm not so much offended as annoyed...

What, we had problems with the video saying it was not available and stuff like that in our Challenge PM; it's something I shared because what has happened is not new, it was something we worried about.

That is great you know the internet fantastically. I would argue about you not having a life...at least an online one. Were all your friends here and I'm sure we're not the only people online who 'know' you.

You guys did a great job as well. I just don't appreciate you claiming we did not follow the rules. It was obviously a petty attempt to combat what Z said earlier. With that said I don't see anything wrong with having multiple testimonies because it was all one picture and gave more diverse opinions on your project. Honestly it's my favorite part of your post, it was nice to read the varying opinions.

I agree that Jdm will have a tough time deciding. I also hope you realize that this is all in good fun...though TBH I did take it a little personally.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I specifically refrained from doing the kind of jabs that you displayed in this post. I simply wanted to clarify a few things about our project, but if this the autobahn you want to go down then let's go.

Ok.

I do not tell my teammates not to have their own views, I tell them to refrain from saying what can be hurtful things publicly.

Honestly? I doubt you tell your "teammates" much at all. I suspect you did a great job on a video, and have your feelings hurt that we all don't think it's the most amazing video ever.

This does not mean we do not discuss ways to improve...we do. Team Land beloved in being polite and respectful, if there is something wrong with that then fill me in because I would love to know.

Show me where I have disrupted or disputed your ideal.

Whether he used a slash does not matter, the slash still implied we could combine both or not, we chose not to. This is contrary to what you said about it being a specific requirement by Jdm.

Um, no. That is NOT what I said. Once again, thanks for trying.

That is great you guys made your own commercial, we did too.

Yes. As a montage / tribute (oh, sorry, I used a slash) video.

Sure we used clips from various films, but they all related to our parks. The only footage not related to DLP is the Buena Vista Street Clips which were placed in to represent the similar area found in WDS (our Hollywood area).

Once again, show me where I said your video was bad?

Your video and art was great as well, and the music was supurb.

Thanks.

What Brand? The campaign brand, every campaign needs a brand. From the motto, to the logo, style of the posters, etc. We had a brand. The brand communicate what we wanted to achieve, the discovery of new places and cultures. It's a theme that encourages people to go to the park AND discover a little something for themselves.

You are silly to think we didn't have a brand. We marketed it so well that it was recognized over and over again.

Brand...was not our issue. We were braver than you in that we went out of the box, and didn't seek a shallow review. Rather, we asked people who would tell us what they really think.

So, before you go off on that, think for a moment.

No comment on the culture expressed in the parks. You don't need a Workd Showcase to discover new cultures.

This is just silly

Now I would love to talk about Europe with you more in depth, but it seems as though you have been out of the round about lately (I'm sure you have not...)

Please, do...tell me about Europe. I'm game.

As we both now the Front National of France, UKIP of the UK, Golden Dawn of Greece, and various other nationalistic parties have gained a rather frightening coalition in the EU Parliament with even Marine Le Pen vowing to destroy the EU from the inside. Furthermore, nations like France and the UK are not that in to the EU at this point. They see the triple dpi recession and have loss faith. Then swings in the nationals rallying up various factions. UKIP has become the UKs own Tea Party and has convinced Cameron to have a EU membership vote if reelected. Le Pen has capitalized on Hollandes presidential failure and is trying to change her parties image in order to gain control. The elections in France earlier this year even proved that the FN is gaining power in the nation, heck Le Pen herself almost took Paris. While I hope the FN and UKIP fail at their efforts the amount of opposition to the EU that is growing in many European countries is not only frightening, but something to be of concern. We addressed this in our proposal.

I won't respond. You won't like it if I do. My only advice to everything you just said...grow up.

I appreciate that, but the video was never deleted, it is still there. Still, I'm taking more and will use it next challenge. I'm not so much offended as annoyed...

I posted proof it was not, as well as a reason why you may be able to see it, but I can't to help out. Once again, grow up.

What, we had problems with the video saying it was not available and stuff like that in our Challenge PM; it's something I shared because what has happened is not new, it was something we worried about.

And if you stepped off your high horse, you would see I said the same.

That is great you know the internet fantastically. I would argue about you not having a life...at least an online one. Were all your friends here and I'm sure we're not the only people online who 'know' you.

You, tard, have no idea. But I"m l337 and .

You guys did a great job as well. I just don't appreciate you claiming we did not follow the rules. It was obviously a petty attempt to combat what Z said earlier. With that said I don't see anything wrong with having multiple testimonies because it was all one picture and gave more diverse opinions on your project. Honestly it's my favorite part of your post, it was nice to read the varying opinions.

Finally you are human again.

I agree that Jdm will have a tough time deciding. I also hope you realize that this is all in good fun...though TBH I did take it a little personally.

Nice. Good luck Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom