The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

RSoxNo1

AP holders actually get 20% (same as TiW) at some locations ... like the Levy restaurants at DD for lunch.
I don't know if they are still doing so, but restaurants.com was selling $25 dining certificates for many Swan/Dolphin/DD locales for as little as $2-$5 for years as well (I don't know if they still are). Places from Shula's to Il Mulino to House of Blues.

There are plenty of options for eating well on Disney property (or very close by) without spending a fortune ... and DD and CityWalk have great options (the latter especially at prices you'd find at the typical TGI Fridays!)
I was under the impression it was only 10% for AP holders at select locations/times.

RSoxNo1

Yes, but that's because you choose to spend the $500 to begin with.

I can get $10,000 off if I buy an expensive car that costs $100,000 without even leaving my house. I'm not saving ten grand, I'm spending $90,000.

Would a meal (or eight) that aren't Disney dining ruin your MAGICal WDW vacation?

BTW, I need to let @WDWFigment have it since he penned a review talking about how MAGICal his meal at Cindy's Castle was ... a place I haven't been able to dine at for a decade since they ruined it and made it absurdly priced Princess dining all the time.
I still eat at 'Ohana every trip. We typically have one other scheduled reservation and then one place we try to book same day. I also stay offsite and eat offsite once or twice a trip as well.

Cesar R M

What really bothers me about the big story "reveal" is that they did not reveal anything! They said they made a story, but they never actually got around to telling us the story.
its the new disney way to reveal things.
they announce the announcement of the reveal. Just like they did with the infamous "opening" of the seven dwarf mine train.

It would be hilarious if next.. you will have to FP+ to get to the party that shows the announcement.

alissafalco

I was under the impression it was only 10% for AP holders at select locations/times.
House of blues, Fultons, Portobello, & Wolfgang puck, are all 20% off for lunch for AP holders.
image.jpg

Mickey_777

i take your word for it, but like i have mentioned before i am big fan of DTD and anything new there is alright by me...
and omgosh i havnt been to dana point since the 80s...

Even in its current condition, we do as well. You can't discount the amount of vacationing northeasterners (and other folks from cold states) who want to take advantage of the great weather and go out for an evening stroll as a family. A relatively inexpensive evening out at that. Like a great night at the boardwalk when you're at the beach. With DS there should be something for everybody and the sights and ambiance should be pretty good too. Heck, even now they do a pretty good job placing live music throughout.

The "backstory" may be lame but whatever

Last edited:

Mike S

On the topic of the "story" of Disney Springs I remember reading an interview or aritcle or something a long time ago about how Disney used to build "experience rides" and didn't focus on story so much. That focus on story apparently started with Michael Eisner. I doubt if I could ever find it again so if anyone knows what I'm talking about I could use help.

lazyboy97o

On the topic of the "story" of Disney Springs I remember reading an interview or aritcle or something a long time ago about how Disney used to build "experience rides" and didn't focus on story so much. That focus on story apparently started with Michael Eisner. I doubt if I could ever find it again so if anyone knows what I'm talking about I could use help.
It's a rather common topic of discussion.

Travel Junkie

While not the article you are looking for there is a Marc Davis quote "We really don't have a story, with a beginning, an end, or a plot. It's more a series of experiences building up to a climax. I call them experience rides."

You see evidence of this ride experiences over storytelling in HM and the original Pirates before Jack Sparrow entered the picture.

ratherbeinwdw

BUT if you aren't Mickey's prisoner and venture off-property (and even ... yikes!!!! ... stay off-property) an O-Town theme park vacation can be relatively inexpensive.

You don't have to be worried about how much money you are spending to save if you don't give Disney all that money to begin with!
True, but we do stay off property for short trips and still save 20% if we eat in the parks. You don't have to stay on property to save with the TIW card. We would eat at the places we go with or without the card, so as I said, at this point, it's all savings for us. We drive our own car, so we could eat elsewhere, and we do, but the places we do like, onsite, happen to take the TIW. It's like with anything, like dining plans or not, it's what works for your family. We don't do the dining plan as we don't eat anywhere near enough food to get any savings from it, but big eaters and those who do signature or character dining daily would probably save. Before we were AP holders, we never did the packages as when I crunched the numbers, room discounts always saved us much more than a dining plan.

flynnibus

Premium Member
MiceChat's shift has spun so far out of control that the place to find people calling the MiceAge Update a bunch of lies is the MiceChat Forums. You've got a problem when the House that Lutz built is now full of people who proudly proclaim that they only trust the DisneyParks Blog and that rumors shouldn't be a topic for discussion.

All is not well in Mudville... and I think the distractions in the back of house aren't helping.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I didn't know that, but I barely have time for just a few topics here ... I haven't checked their boards out in years and I posted quite frequently there once upon a time. I know that the forums are not something they take that seriously anymore ... but, still, if the community is ripping the content, then something is off.

They believe discussion forums are a dead format. They are all about the blogz and comments because they want their pages to be linked and commented on. They gutted their forum community, and left it to rot, and then when the forum is dead...it justifies their belief that discussion forums are a dead medium. They over subscribed to the 'everyone just clicks links on facebook' mentality and abandoned the idea of a online community. Completely misguided... I tried raising the warning flags and they don't want to hear it. They've made their bed.. and now it's time to sleep in it.

Meanwhile.. I'm in other hobby forums that make WDWMagic look like the minor leagues in terms of posting traffic. Obviously forums are dead.. :rolleyes:

pixargal

@WDW1974, you piqued my interest when you mentioned a couple of weeks ago that, Carowinds, was going to announce something big for their 2015 season. I just finished watching a live stream of that announcement, and wow, if you like roller coasters this will blow your mind. They mentioned that it will be the longest and tallest coaster in the world. It's supposed to be 325 feet tall, with an 81 degree drop. They are doing good things with their 50 million dollar investment. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I guess I have a few months to work up the nerve to try it out!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The backstory for a ride or themed area sure, but a shopping mall? Just silly. If they were just honest and said, like they did in the video, " the 3 themed districts were not as coherent as we would like them to be." And add "so we r remodeling the whole area to fit one overall look" plain and simple and still gets the message across without sounding stupid!
The original backstory for Pleasure Island was a major part of the theming of that area, and really did help to set the scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom