Best hotel offsite, walking distance to Downtown Disney?

MamaHook

Original Poster
& good transportation to other attractions?

Any recommendations as trying to decide between this & Disney hotel, but so much more expensive onsite!

Thanks
x

BrerJon

Any of the hotels along Hotel Plaza Boulevard are within walking distance and are great quality, and much cheaper than Disney hotels. Look at the website for these hotels, http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

They're actually on Disney property and the experience is halfway between a full Disney hotel and a completely unconnected one - many offer character breakfasts and things like that. Be warned that Downtown Disney is a big building site right now though! All of them offer free regular shuttles to the parks.

If you're on a tighter budget, then further down, along Palm Parkway, are a lot of great cheap hotels... Fairfield Inn and Clarion Inn are good choices. They're not walking distance to Downtown, but they are to Crossroads and another smaller mall so good for getting dinner and shopping, and they all offer shuttles to the parks, and taxis are cheap.

Disney Dawg88

& good transportation to other attractions?

Any recommendations as trying to decide between this & Disney hotel, but so much more expensive onsite!

Thanks
x
As someone that worked in the area several days a week, once a month, for four years, I'm familiar with almost every hotel in the Disney/LBV area. There were two that I stayed at there - the Hilton and the Embassy Suites. The ES has been updated in the past year or two, but I haven't stayed there post renovation, but it's a somewhat far walk to Downtown Disney. I always stayed at the Hilton as it was one of my regular hotels. That's what I would recommend as it had a lot of features that I liked as a business traveler. It does have extra magic hours which was nice, but I will say they nickel and dime you on a lot of things now - parking fee and resort fee. I don't know what your budget is but depending on the time of year you should be able to get a room for around $100 a night at the Hilton. Plus it's right across the street from DD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom