Florida resident ticket options.....

PolyGirl3

Hello all,
My Aunt is a Florida resident and will be buying an ap for herself...we are going on a 6 day trip with her in November....

She is buying my kids aged 8,9,11 their park hoppers for an early Christmas gift....

Is her only discounted ticket option a 4 day FL resident pass for them?? Looks like after that you need to buy an AP??

Help......

PolyGirl3

Original Poster
My aunt has spoken with Disney about this...since the children are minors she was told that as long as she is with them (which she will be) that she can purchase them tickets as a gift.

I would never do anything illegal or want to break any rules. I'm simply asking a question. My family travels to Disney every summer and I am very knowledgable....I've just had no experience with something like this.

That is why I came here to ask...not to be scolded.

Thanks anyway. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Upvote 0

PolyGirl3

Original Poster
Why is that funny?

I feel like a horrible person for even posting this question now....

I figured I would ask you all as I know everyone here is more knowledgable than even Disney is sometimes.

Sad, again, I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Why is that funny?

I feel like a horrible person for even posting this question now....

I figured I would ask you all as I know everyone here is more knowledgable than even Disney is sometimes.

Sad, again, I'm sorry.
Funny, as in odd. I have family who live in FL and I know they were never able to buy tickets for my kids when they were younger. I assume their policy has changed about it, that's all.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello all,
My Aunt is a Florida resident and will be buying an ap for herself...we are going on a 6 day trip with her in November....

She is buying my kids aged 8,9,11 their park hoppers for an early Christmas gift....

Is her only discounted ticket option a 4 day FL resident pass for them?? Looks like after that you need to buy an AP??

Help......
This falls into a bit of a tricky area.

Florida Resident tickets are only for actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out of state persons.

Children under 18 are not required to present residency proof if accompanied by an adult with valid FL residency proof.

The advice you got from Disney would appear to be correct.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

This falls into a bit of a tricky area.

Florida Resident tickets are only for actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out of state persons.

Children under 18 are not required to present residency proof if accompanied by an adult with valid FL residency proof.

The advice you got from Disney would appear to be correct.

That explains it. Thanks Steve.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Based on this quoted information, I would say that Disney has no issues with Adult FL residents purchasing FL Resident tickets for non-resident children. AKA, grandma & grandpa retired in FL, getting the grand kids deals, etc etc.

"Proof of a Florida residential address is required.

For Florida resident tickets, the persons who will use the adult tickets must be Florida residents and must be present at the time of ticket pick up.

For each room or package reservation, the adult who booked the reservation must be a Florida resident and must be present at check-in.

For each room or package reservation and for each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:

• Valid Florida driver's license
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each room or package reservation and for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

• Monthly mortgage statement
  • Florida vehicle registration or title
  • Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Utility bill
  • Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
  • Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency
Bills can be no more than two (2) months old. PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not."

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

As a follow-up, there should be no moral issue with an existing FL resident purchasing resident only tickets for children, who do not live in FL.

The law would agree, that Disney does not care based on the language of the quoted policy - clearly identifies Adults as only needing compliance.

:)

Upvote 0

Nemo14

As a follow-up, there should be no moral issue with an existing FL resident purchasing resident only tickets for children, who do not live in FL.

The law would agree, that Disney does not care based on the language of the quoted policy - clearly identifies Adults as only needing compliance.

:)

See that's where it has apparently changed. My mom tried to buy my kids tickets at the gate with us and was told that she could not do that (she had admitted that we were from out-of-state). This was several years ago, though, so apparently they have changed that policy.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

See that's where it has apparently changed. My mom tried to buy my kids tickets at the gate with us and was told that she could not do that (she had admitted that we were from out-of-state). This was several years ago, though, so apparently they have changed that policy.

Fortunately, for now, how the policy is written is how it can be interpreted.

Not knowing the language of the policy in the past, not really any way to compare. Meaning could have just been a CM being a stinker that day, or in fact, they simply were not allowed to do so.

I wouldn't even call this currently a loophole, Disney specifically left out exact language to state otherwise, maybe doing so on purpose. They could have performed internal reports, surveys and found if they were a stickler about it, it actually caused guests to not come at all, which isn't good for their bottom line, who knows.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Funny - that was never their policy in the past.

It's always been their policy. Only the adults have to show proof of Florida residency. I have never had a cast member even ask about the kids every time I've bought my annual pass or Florida resident tickets. I've been buying annual and Florida Resident discounted tickets for the last 12 years.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It really isn't likely a CM being a stinker. The vacation planners quarterly commission perks are not likely to alter much with the difference of pricing, they are better off making the sales. The difference between in state and out of state child ticket is small and so not worth debating unless minor parents appear to be also with them or someone volunteers they are from Hawaii. Then of course they will question the child's residency. Plus CMs are being monitored and video recorded. Rules changes came from rules not being specific enough and guests were trying many ways to get into the parks at the FL rate a perk and a give back to the residents of FL, the rules were not intended to perk extended family members but they do indeed still allow for kids that come down to visit relatives without their Moms and Dads. And the allowing is not specific. It is more or less Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Disney really started tightening up the whole FL resident policy in January 2010 when the Federal laws changed to the Federal REAL ID Act. Until then FL would give state ID's to part time residents of Florida. It made it easier for Disney to adjust the rules and policies.

Vacation Planners look at the party before them. Ask for qualifying ID for all adults seeming to be together. Now if Grandma or Grandpa are taking the kids to WDW they will only ask for adults residency not minors. The out of state Adult relatives should always be asked for ID if requesting the FL discount.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom