On line check in?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I'm almost to the date where I can do on line check in if I want. But I'm not sure, I'm so torn! I haven't had the best of luck using it. I have always gotten a room right away, but rarely get any requests.

I'm traveling with family and we have 2 rooms. I'd like to have them connect, or at least be next to each other. Is there a place to put that request? Or should I call? I do have the 2 reservations linked on My Disney Experience, is that good enough?

I'm not sure if we should do on line check in, or just walk up to the desk together and request rooms near each other. We are staying in the preferred section of the Sports, if that makes a difference.

TheMouseFan

I'm almost to the date where I can do on line check in if I want. But I'm not sure, I'm so torn! I haven't had the best of luck using it. I have always gotten a room right away, but rarely get any requests.

I'm traveling with family and we have 2 rooms. I'd like to have them connect, or at least be next to each other. Is there a place to put that request? Or should I call? I do have the 2 reservations linked on My Disney Experience, is that good enough?

I'm not sure if we should do on line check in, or just walk up to the desk together and request rooms near each other. We are staying in the preferred section of the Sports, if that makes a difference.
I would call Disney directly to have them add the request for connecting rooms. Then I would do online check-in if you are wanting your room to be ready early, because they do have a place to enter your arrival time.

stevehousse

I do know that when u do online check in there is a box to check to have ur room ready right away but there is no gurantee whatsoever u will get ur requests and it states that. Jut make sure that isn't clicked and u should be good. Also make she it is noted on ur reservation.

DizneyPryncess

Do the online check-in. Then confirm it with Disney, and ask to have a request added for connecting rooms. When we walked up last year to check-in, and requested connecting rooms, we couldn't even get on the same floor as my parents (same reservation also). I think it's a matter of if it's available or not. With them knowing in advance, you might have a better chance. :)

RonAnnArbor

That was smart -- you should ALWAYS call if you have any special requests -- the reality is, Online Checkin is designed so that they can just pull and prepare the keys as early as possible and they rarely look at the special requests to do so. The plus side, though, is that with online checkin, especially if you are traveling solo or as an adult party of two only, you often get upgrades - since they can do that overnight as they juggle around rooms and accomodate larger parties.

stevehousse

That was smart -- you should ALWAYS call if you have any special requests -- the reality is, Online Checkin is designed so that they can just pull and prepare the keys as early as possible and they rarely look at the special requests to do so. The plus side, though, is that with online checkin, especially if you are traveling solo or as an adult party of two only, you often get upgrades - since they can do that overnight as they juggle around rooms and accomodate larger parties.
The reason for online check in is so u don't have to sit through the whole check in lingo and go over every book and cranny like its ur first visit. There is a section on the online check in form that is separate that asks if u want a room right when u get there and if so then none of ur requests will b honored and u will get what they have. If u don't click that they do still try to give u ur requests if they r available...

RonAnnArbor

Steve that is absolutely wrong. You can spend just as much time getting things explained at the Online Checkin counter as at any of the other counters. The ONLY reason they do it is to pull room assignments overnight the day before checkin and have packets ready to go. There is NO DIFFERENCE in the amount of time the counter worker will spend with you. The reality is, most people that use the Online Checkin don't need the spiel -- and they used Online Checkin to be able to beat the crowd off the DME busses and out of registration -- but it makes no difference as to how much time you can spend at the counter getting things explained.

sophie_the_pooh

Last April, I also travelled with family, and we requested 2 connecting rooms by phone, with online check-in, plus my father requested it upon checking in at CBR (my parents arrived a couple of hours earlier). Guess what? We still didn't get it! We weren't even in the same building! But it didn't really matter, we still had a great time and got our request to stay in the Martinique village.

horizons82

I'll be staying on-site for the first time next month.

I went ahead and chose to do the on-line check-in, but here's my question...

When you arrive at the hotel is there an automated check-in process for those that did on-line check in, or do you still go to a counter and it's just a matter of the check-in process being shorter? I'm just curious as to what on-line check-in means once you arrive at the hotel.

Thanks.

stevehousse

When you arrive at the hotel is there an automated check-in process for those that did on-line check in, or do you still go to a counter and it's just a matter of the check-in process being shorter? I'm just curious as to what on-line check-in means once you arrive at the hotel.

Thanks.
There is a seperate line for regular check in and online check in.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Steve that is absolutely wrong. You can spend just as much time getting things explained at the Online Checkin counter as at any of the other counters. The ONLY reason they do it is to pull room assignments overnight the day before checkin and have packets ready to go. There is NO DIFFERENCE in the amount of time the counter worker will spend with you. The reality is, most people that use the Online Checkin don't need the spiel -- and they used Online Checkin to be able to beat the crowd off the DME busses and out of registration -- but it makes no difference as to how much time you can spend at the counter getting things explained.
While that is absolutely true, if you know that you will have a lot of questions, please DO NOT use the on-line check-in. It is frustrating for the rest of us to stand there while someone asks 100 questions, and all we want is to get our packet and go. The service was designed for those not wanting to spend a lot of time in a line, so if you aren't familiar with the resort and/or need a lot of help, just wait until you get there to check in. The rest of us will appreciate it. Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but I know a lot of people agree with me.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

Thanks.
You go to a counter, but your packet should already be ready for you to pick-up. This speeds up the process for everyone involved. They are starting to experiment with allowing you to go straight to your room (on-line check-in, and everything is linked to your MBs), but I haven't heard how that test is going.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
While that is absolutely true, if you know that you will have a lot of questions, please DO NOT use the on-line check-in. It is frustrating for the rest of us to stand there while someone asks 100 questions, and all we want is to get our packet and go. The service was designed for those not wanting to spend a lot of time in a line, so if you aren't familiar with the resort and/or need a lot of help, just wait until you get there to check in. The rest of us will appreciate it. Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but I know a lot of people agree with me.
Amen!

FrostyNaples

Right, because there is only one CM there to help the entire line....

If you have no 'patience' for the public, don't go out in it.

Everyone should do online check-in, it will inevitably be as common as online check-in for air lines.

Please have more common sense than to call out, or attack just one person and their LOGICAL ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom