Universal restaurant recommedations

Mukta

Original Poster
I am going to be at the Universal parks next week.

I know where I want to eat in IOA (mythos - my fav and three broomsticks)

I'm looking for recommendations for Uni and City Walk.

I am looking for good quality food more than fast food.

No dietary restrictions. I just want good food and good service.

Any help is appreciated!

71jason

Finnegans in the Studios is your best bet.

At CityWalk, Hard Rock for American food/atmosphere, Vivo for recently priced but very good Italian, or Antojitos for a splurge on great Mexican food and drink.

My other recommended splurges would be Tchoup Chop in Royal Pacific or the Kitchen in Hard Rock Hotel; 10-minute walk from CityWalk or take a boat.

squidward

Finnegans was great in April, just OK in July.

I found Vivo to be awful. Worse than Pastamore. Red Oven Pizza was very good at City Walk. Hard Rock is your best bet casual wise.

Honestly, if I could eat lunch everyday at Mythos, I would. We ate there 3 times in July and it was fantastic.

Mukta

Original Poster
I love Mythos. I have a favorite dish there and I crave it more than anything else. (it's the chicken strips mashed potato wrap thing)

DisneyDaver

I am going to be at the Universal parks next week.

I know where I want to eat in IOA (mythos - my fav and three broomsticks)

I'm looking for recommendations for Uni and City Walk.

I am looking for good quality food more than fast food.

No dietary restrictions. I just want good food and good service.

Any help is appreciated!

I think Tchoup Chop in the Royal Pacific is the best restaurant at Universal in terms of food quality. I suppose the Palm at Hard Rock is likely very high quality too, but since we have a Palm here in Chicago, I have never been to the one at Universal.

TalkingHead

Leaky Cauldron is my go-to for USF now, but it's counter service.

I know Vivo got really good reviews when it opened, but I noticed it's gotten less-than-stellar reviews on Urbanspoon. Haven't been there, myself.

Ranch Dressing

Well since I personally know just about all the chefs in or around the Universal resort, Mythos is your best dining option. The Palm is decent but its basically an overpriced steakhouse for the rubes. Everything else is beat off the I.

The Palm is EASILY the best restaurant on property, that is if you love steak or lobster and have a lot of money to pay for it. Service and ambiance is impeccable.

Tchop chop is next best, again if Asian fusion is your thing.

Following these two, Mythos is by far the best theme park restaurant anywhere but please don't compare it to the previously mentioned, it will not live up unless theming is your main criteria.

The Kitchen at the Hard Rock is underrated and The Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville are both good casual dining options and a lot of fun.

danpam1024

We love to eat at the Backwater bar (Confisco's menu) and my fav CW place is Bob Marley's-unique and tasty food, but the service is TERRIBLY slow. The staff is really nice, so I just relax and try to set my mind in the slow pace of the Caribbean mon! The little craft beer kiosk near the water lets you order from Red Oven (yum) which is nice because it gets really crowded near the restaurant and the bar area is a great place to people watch. I like the upstairs at Antonjito's vs the downstairs, but both are good if you're in the mood for Mexican fare. The nice thing about Uni is you can decide when you get there what you're in the mood to eat and don't have to try and guess 180 days out :cool::p:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom