Confirmed Closing Date for Maelstrom?

Mr Anderson

I wish I'd known that during our last trip, we were riding it for the last time. Maelstrom is a classic, and will be missed. I'm glad I snagged one of the limited edition t-shirts while they were available.

Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I do not like Frozen; I just don't get the hype. Bah. Humbug. Leave the classics alone! World Showcase is about showcasing the WORLD not... okay gotta calm down...
u26XLy7.gif

FettFan

Man, forget this shoehorn bullcrap. Dear Disney: BULLDOZE THE FREAKIN TOMORROWLAND GO-KARTS AND BUILD ARENDELLE AT THE MAGIC KINDGOM!

I mean seriously...Tomorrowland Speedway was already a truncated version of Disneyland's Autopia....then they ripped out part of it to build Mickey's Birthdayand/Starland/ToonTown Fair.
It's the shell of a shell of an attraction that is taking up valuable real estate.

1185146_o.gif

LEAVE NORWAY ALONE!!!!!

Padraig

Didn't they just spend some money fixing up Maelstrom? I was delighted because it was in a pretty sorry state in 2012. Whatever about the ride, I think it would be awful if they replaced Norway as a whole. It would break World Showcase for me. Pandora in Animal Kingdom is bad enough.

Also, people are mentioning changes at Mexico. It occurs to me that I haven't stepped inside there since 1992, what happened??

Last edited:

FettFan

Didn't they just spend some money fixing up Maelstrom? I was delighted because it was in a pretty sorry state in 2012. Whatever about the ride, I think it would be awful if they replaced Norway as a whole. It would break World Showcase for me. Pandora in Animal Kingdom is bad enough.

Also, people are mentioning changes at the Mexico. It occurs to me that I haven't stepped inside there since 1992, what happened??

They re-themed El Rio Del Tiempo to the Three Caballeros back in 2011-ish.

So now instead of getting a glimpse of Mexican history and culture, we follow Donald Duck chasing/sexually harassing cute Mexican women while Panchito and Jose try to corral him for the "big show".

It's pretty terrible...even worse if you're like me and you ride it with with a pair of friends who happen to be Mexican-American. Awkward alert...

The Mighty Tim

So, when the last ever boat full of passengers begin the ride, will the narrator at the start cut out the part where he says "nor shall you be the last [to pass this way]"?

Mr Anderson

Man, forget this shoehorn bullcrap. Dear Disney: BULLDOZE THE FREAKIN TOMORROWLAND GO-KARTS AND BUILD ARENDELLE AT THE MAGIC KINDGOM!

I mean seriously...Tomorrowland Speedway was already a truncated version of Disneyland's Autopia....then they ripped out part of it to build Mickey's Birthdayand/Starland/ToonTown Fair.
It's the shell of a shell of an attraction that is taking up valuable real estate.

1185146_o.gif

LEAVE NORWAY ALONE!!!!!
Preach! Totally agree.
high_five_snl.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom