Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Although it's just astounding that there seems to be no strong desire to top The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Marvel Rock 'n Rollercoaster just sounds like an indoor rip off of the Incredible Hulk that just won't age as well if they buy the same Vekoma coaster.

Agreed. Just another crap idea, as usual.

stevehousse

I wouldn't mind a coaster using the Awesome Mix Vol. 1 as a sound track. But I do think the need more then a coaster.
A rockin roller coaster type ride for Marvel would not be doing the characters justice at all! If they went ala The Mummy and SDMT and had slow moving scenes involving characters and fast paced coaster sections it would be great I think! Otherwise their idea is just a copy cat of The Hulk at IOA...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
A rockin roller coaster type ride for Marvel would not be doing the characters justice at all! If they went ala The Mummy and SDMT and had slow moving scenes involving characters and fast paced coaster sections it would be great I think! Otherwise their idea is just a copy cat of The Hulk at IOA...

I agree but I don't mind the coaster as long as there are other rides in the area that use the characters in an exciting way.

mharrington

Some thoughts on the Miceage update:

The Frozen miniland for Christmas makes sense and will be very popular. I don’t think what they are rumored to be planning has that long of a shelf life though. If they extend it past Christmas, the meet and greet is the only thing that will remain busy.

I wish they would flip flop Star Wars and Marvel. Neither are perfect fits, but Marvel works a little better in TL than in DCA and Star Wars could be the TL of DCA. Yes Star Wars is not California, but I would prefer it there over 2 Sci-Fi ish lands in DL. I realize space is a concern at DCA though if they are thinking big. It would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if the Lucasfilm acquisition came before Cars Land was greenlit.

If the entrance to Star Wars land is going to be at Big Thunder Ranch, then that screams Tatooine as at least the entry location as it can transition from Frontierland into Star Wars.

As much as I enjoy Rock n’ Rollercoaster, C’mon Disney, stop recycling ideas and give Marvel the innovative mindblowing attraction it deserves.

“Meanwhile, backstage, work continues on the new crowd control alleyways being built behind both sides of Main Street USA. These new alleyways will be pressed into use throughout the day during the 60th, as TDA’s entertainment team plans for multiple new parades and a lavish new fireworks show. It’s that one-two punch of a new night parade and a massive new fireworks show that will put the alleys into the heaviest use, as Disneyland’s crowd control team will need all the help they can get herding the crowds from Fantasmic! to the night parade to the new fireworks back to a second Fantasmic! and a second showing of the night parade.”

The way this is worded leads me to believe the other new parade besides the night parade is either a new one for DCA or a new DL holiday parade to replace the current one. They specifically don’t mention a new day parade at DL and leave it at TDA has multiple new parades.

I’m in on a new Muppets movie. It appears they are souring again on Monstropolis mini land.

The thing that's got me really concerned is the removal of Mickey's Toontown for Star Wars! This is Mickey's home, literally! There was even a storyline done where Mickey suggested to Walt that he build Disneyland over behind it! And now they want to deprive the kids of an actual section of the park for them??

Also, the Roger Rabbit ride is one of my absolute favorites in the whole park!

lazyboy97o

The thing that's got me really concerned is the removal of Mickey's Toontown for Star Wars! This is Mickey's home, literally! There was even a storyline done where Mickey suggested to Walt that he build Disneyland over behind it! And now they want to deprive the kids of an actual section of the park for them??

Also, the Roger Rabbit ride is one of my absolute favorites in the whole park!
Kids enjoyed Disneyland without Mickey's ToonTown for nearly forty years.

Mouse3268

I have to say I like the idea of Mickey's Toontown going rather than Tomorrowland becoming half Star Wars land and half random stuff (Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain). Also if this rumor is true, that's a huge chuck of land devoted to Star Wars, much larger than what has been rumored for the Studios at WDW. They could do a ton in that space and if done at a Harry Potter level, it could be crazy good.

I do agree that Marval needs more than a RnR Coaster ripoff.

ddd8170

Well, there would be no reliable place to find Mickey and Minnie anymore now.

In Magic Kingdom they took out Toontown, where all of the fab five characters met guests and had no problem moving them elsewhere during the construction and afterwards, so that's probably not enough of a reason for Disneyland to keep toontown.

mharrington

In Magic Kingdom they took out Toontown, where all of the fab five characters met guests and had no problem moving them elsewhere during the construction and afterwards, so that's probably not enough of a reason for Disneyland to keep toontown.

But don't you realize they actually created a whole storyline where they had it so that this was literally Mickey's home? And it's home to a kiddie coaster, too.

Mickey's House is the exact opposite of a spontaneous character encounter.

Exactly. I think people would want to know where to go find the characters. That was partially the reason why they made Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland way back when. Toontown was at least partially an outgrowth of that idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom