What did you do?

Texas84

10 miles today for a 20 mile week. 3-4-3-10. Long runs start to increase next week. Today was just too nice, low humidity (for Georgia) and temps in the 60's. I'm trying to slow down for Dopey training but ended up about 30 seconds per mile faster than normal.

Got tired of the ear bud malfunctions and got some Bluetooth Inspire Yurbuds. Didn't miss the wires one bit. Have to crank up the volume on these and they could use a bit more treble but I'm happy with them.

fmingo36

So I managed to get up on time this morning to get to my yoga class, and my teacher was sick. :( So they had a sub but she did Centergy which is a mixture of yoga and pilates to common pop music. I love Centergy and take the class about twice a week but it was not the class I wanted at 7:30 in the morning. My brain was not ready for.

bethram

I've fallen off the map lately both in terms of running and checking in here. I only ran twice last week, usually I run four times. The beginning of the school year combined with having both kids in activities is killing me, especially since DS's football practices last until 8:30 at night then he has to come home, eat, and shower. It's making me late for bed. Hopefully this week will be better and I can get caught up on the last 5 or so pages of posts.

LindsayLoves

Weekend roundup:
Friday - 5.28 miles @ 8:41/mi
Saturday - 8.13 miles @ 8:34/mi
Sunday - 16.12miles @ 9:30/mi
Today - lots of stretching and core work (gave the legs the week off from strength work)

I know I am focusing on marathon training right now but this weekend of running gave me a ton of confidence for Dopey. Only 141 days away according to the runDisney countdown clock.

dreamfinder

Bah. Didn't get any miles in Saturday, and Sunday running didn't sit well with my stomach for some reason. Did 3.5 on the TM before I needed to bail, then did 18.5 on the bike, followed by 1 last mile on the TM. So still about the same time worth of cardio, but my tummy just wasn't feeling it.

fmingo36

I've fallen off the map lately both in terms of running and checking in here. I only ran twice last week, usually I run four times. The beginning of the school year combined with having both kids in activities is killing me, especially since DS's football practices last until 8:30 at night then he has to come home, eat, and shower. It's making me late for bed. Hopefully this week will be better and I can get caught up on the last 5 or so pages of posts.

I started running when I had a toddler and thought my training would become so much easier once both of my girls were in school full time. HELL NO! Now it's all about their schedule and where they have to be. I'm lucky if I can get to run twice a week. And my classes at the gym are all late classes--7:30 or 8:00 PM. Well after activities and homework are done.

JillC LI

I started running when I had a toddler and thought my training would become so much easier once both of my girls were in school full time. HELL NO! Now it's all about their schedule and where they have to be. I'm lucky if I can get to run twice a week. And my classes at the gym are all late classes--7:30 or 8:00 PM. Well after activities and homework are done.

Wait until they getinto high school and can, hopefully, join school teams. It gets easier then. My son is on team sports year round, and he gets bussed everywhere. My daughter is still in middle school so I'm still trekking her backand forth to swim team practice constantly. But I'm hoping she'll make the school team when she starts high school the following year.

JillC LI

Team Curtis finished their first triathalon! It was so much fun. What a great experience to do together. The only not fun part was getting up at 3:30am (!!!) but once we got there, it was a blast. DD12 was super nervous about her first open water swim, and even more nervous when she saw that 95% of the participants had wetsuits while she did not. But the race began in the lake, and the water turned out to be about 80 degrees. Even though we were a relay team, my hubby and I were permitted out of the transition area to watch DD swim. It was sunrise over the lake and just beautiful. Here's a pic.

DD finished her half mile swim in 15 minutes and came out of the lake smiling like never before!

From there, we transferred the timing chip to my hubby's ankle and he was off on the 13.4 mile bike course which went partially on an airport runway! He came back and transferred the chip to me, and I was off running the 5K trail. It was a beautiful trail around the lake and through the woods. I was NOT expecting it to be nearly as hilly as it was. Turned out to be the hardest 5K course I've ever run, both because of hills and its technical nature with roots everwhere. I loved it though, and my ankle discomfort faded to the adrenaline rush. I heard my daughter's words in my head as I ran, "Pass people Mommy. Get us ahead." And I passed 11 people on the course. At the Finish Line, they held up a tape for nearly every person to run through and they announced our team name. We got our medals, and here's us at the Finish Line.

There was a free BBQ afterwards which was most welcome, and we even forgot we were eating hamburgers and hotdogs at 8:30 in the morning because we'd been awake so long and worked so hard! LOL

I have a huge amount of respect after this experience for all the participants who did the entire triathalon themselves. I would want to give it a try myself but the swim puts me off. Next year DS will be 16 and wants to do the whole thing himself, and I think the rest of us will be back again as a relay team. It was truly a wonderful event.

Last edited:

fmingo36

Team Curtis finished their first triathalon! It was so much fun. What a great experience to do together. The only not fun part was getting up at 3:30am (!!!) but once we got there, it was a blast. DD12 was super nervous about her first open water swim, and even more nervous when she saw that 95% of the participants had wetsuits while she did not. But the race began in the lake, and it turned out to be about 80 degrees. Even though we were a relay team, my hubby and I were permitted out of the transition area to watch DD swim. It was sunrise over the lake and just beautiful. Here's a pic.

DD finished her half mile swim in 15 minutes and came out of the lake smiling like never before!

From there, we transferred the timing chip to my hubby's ankle and he was off on the 13.4 mile bike course which went partially on an airport runway! He came back and transferred the chip to me, and I was off running the 5K trail. It was a beautiful trail around the lake and through the woods. I was NOT expecting it to be nearly as hilly as it was. Turned out to be the hardest 5K course I've ever run, both because of hills and its technical nature with roots everwhere. I loved it though, and my ankle discomfort faded to the adrenaline rush. I heard my daughter's words in my head as I ran, "Pass people Mommy. Get us ahead." And I passed 11 people on the course. At the Finish Line, they held up a tape for nearly every person to run through and they announced our team name. We got our medals, and here's us at the Finish Line.

There was a free BBQ afterwards which was most welcome, and we even forgot we were eating hamburgers and hotdogs at 8:30 in the morning because we'd been awake so long and worked so hard! LOL

I have a huge amount of respect after this experience for all the participants who did the entire triathalon themselves. I would want to give it a try myself but the swim puts me off. Next year DS will be 16 and wants to do the whole thing himself, and I think the rest of us will be back again as a relay team. It was truly a wonderful event.

Woo-Hoo Team Curtis! I love how Elissa pushed you on! Great family experience; definitely something you'll never forget.

a2grafix

4.8 miles Monday morning 79-80 at 10am, overcast with nearly 80-percent humidity, 74 dewpoint and a 15mph southerly breeze. Oh, and there were storms in the area. Good, steady run, hydrated a lot. Broke in my new running shoes.

Never thought I would buy a second pair of running shoes before my current pair wears out, but I did on Sunday. Strange, I now have four pairs of running shoes, two pairs of flip-flops and two dress shoes. Never thought I would see the day I would have more sports shoes. My two old running shoes are just now my everyday sports whatever shoes.

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - glad to hear that you were able to make a full recovery and take part in the tri with your family. You guys looks so happy! From your write up it sounds like a very cool race, I mean where else are they going to hold up tape for all the finishers, good stuff.

@dreamfinder - speedy!

Today - another run shortened due to subway issues 5.01 miles @9:06/mi. Legs are still a little tired from the 16 on Sunday but they don't hurt so that's something to be positive about.

fmingo36

OMG! I tripped over a case of dog food last night and severely bruised the top of two toes. I cannot not believe the amount of pain I am in. I honestly thought I broke a toe. Running in NOT going to be fun tomorrow!

But before I hurt myself, I got to a warm yoga class (room is about 80 degrees) last night. Wow! What a great class ..then I had to go and be a Klutz.:arghh:

JillC LI

@JillC LI - glad to hear that you were able to make a full recovery and take part in the tri with your family. You guys looks so happy! From your write up it sounds like a very cool race, I mean where else are they going to hold up tape for all the finishers, good stuff.

Today - another run shortened due to subway issues 5.01 miles @9:06/mi. Legs are still a little tired from the 16 on Sunday but they don't hurt so that's something to be positive about.

It really was cool running through the tape. LOL.
Sorry about the subway issues. One of the things I love about running as a workout is being able to open my front door and just start running.

OMG! I tripped over a case of dog food last night and severely bruised the top of two toes. I cannot not believe the amount of pain I am in. I honestly thought I broke a toe. Running in NOT going to be fun tomorrow!

Ugh. I know first hand how badly a bone bruise can be in an area where there is no soft tissue. Feel better quick! Wear thick cushy socks in the meantime.

Almost forgot...5 miles yesterday afternoon. Muggy and sluggish, but done.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom