Cheap Disney World Weddings?

rufio

Original Poster
Is there any way to do this? I'm getting married in December of this year, and last time I looked into it, the cheapest WDW wedding was around 15k. I would be fine with my fiance and I and a few witnesses. Any tips or suggestions?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Depends if you want it organized by Disney or not. Im sure you could certainly put something together yourself but not sure you would be able to hold the ceremony on property "officially". If I was going to try to do something in that fashion I would have whoever was going to be attending, bring my own minister, dress nicely, but not in formal attire, meet up in a predetermined location within the park or resort and have a quick five minute "Do you, I do, now kiss the bride" type event.

I could be totally wrong, and there are other ways to do it outside of the Disney Wedding planning route, but that would be my idea if I was doing it myself.....and my lovely wife condoned it. :ROFLOL:

Mom2MandJ

I think I read that the only real expensive ones are at the parks and the wedding pavillion. If you choose a gazebo somewhere on property (at a hotel patio, or maybe one of the mini golf places, it should be cheaper.

You can do a wedding on property for about $6,000 with under 20 guest.
we did this back in 2004. I loved it. Go to disneyweddings.com i believe it is listed as an escape wedding

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Out of curiosity, if a small group of people were to "meet up" (and one of them happened to be a justice of the peace) in the parks somewhere (let's say, in the hub) and have a short ceremony, could/would Disney shut it down, provided it wasn't distracting other guests? I'm not talking about an elaborate ceremony, just two people exchanging vows and rings.

Pioneer Hall

Out of curiosity, if a small group of people were to "meet up" (and one of them happened to be a justice of the peace) in the parks somewhere (let's say, in the hub) and have a short ceremony, could/would Disney shut it down, provided it wasn't distracting other guests? I'm not talking about an elaborate ceremony, just two people exchanging vows and rings.

If they saw and recognized it then I think they would shut it down...especially in a park. If you were to do it in an out of the way location at a resort then they probably wouldn't know.

BrittanyRose428

Like others have said, an escape wedding can be done at around $6000. Cruise weddings are even cheaper (though you still have to pay for cruise fare), but both of those are providing you don't mind having 20 guests or less (including the bride and groom).

Yes, I know all about Disney weddings & I'm not even engaged yet. :lookaroun

LuLaSue

We had a vow renewal service for my parents in the Rose Garden in Magic Kingdom through Gifts of a Life Time. Lovely!

Hulacat

Does the wedding absoltely HAVE to be on WDW property? If not, there are many places nearby that are lovely and more reasonable.

sazstevens

Check out the official pricing for the Memories here -> http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/pricing/memories/detail for $2,500. You get the venue, a small selection of photos, music, 3 hrs of limo, and I think you can have up to 6 people (including bride/groom). You can also see the details on the intimate selection which is the other "affordable" choice before you kick into the wishes or couture choices.

We did this package back in 2005. If you plan it right you can do this package on a Thursday at 3pm you then after the ceremony go to the grand Floridian for your cake and champagne reception. I can't remember what time we went but we paid to have the fireplace room in v&a. We had our sit down meal. Once we were all finished we walked down to the waterfront and watched the fireworks over MK and then the water padgent. It was an amazing! I would recommend this to anyone!

CLandrum

Depends if you want it organized by Disney or not. Im sure you could certainly put something together yourself but not sure you would be able to hold the ceremony on property "officially". If I was going to try to do something in that fashion I would have whoever was going to be attending, bring my own minister, dress nicely, but not in formal attire, meet up in a predetermined location within the park or resort and have a quick five minute "Do you, I do, now kiss the bride" type event.

I could be totally wrong, and there are other ways to do it outside of the Disney Wedding planning route, but that would be my idea if I was doing it myself.....and my lovely wife condoned it. :ROFLOL:

My fiance and me were just talking about doing this earlier today. I would love to hear if anyone has actually done this. We even thought about on the beach at the Poly.

CaptainShortty

Yes, if they saw it (and some are trained to look for it because its not so uncommon), they will ask you to break it up and may ask you to leave all together.

dreamfinder

Yes, if they saw it (and some are trained to look for it because its not so uncommon), they will ask you to break it up and may ask you to leave all together.

Just have everyone in your group wear matching t-shirts, and the people on the outside of the group start chanting. Give the JP a flag to carry. Everyone will think you are a tour group having a chanting/strategy session.

But seriously, they have every right to ask you to leave. Especially if you go for a more desirable location. (Hub, Castle courtyard etc) But going for an out of the way location, you may have better luck.

DizneyPryncess

My husband & I looked into a Disney wedding, and eventually decided against it because of cost. However, we had a big wedding, so you may be able to find a more affordable Disney wedding than we could find. We decided to have a Disney themed wedding at home, which turned out awesome. Subtle touches, but perfect. That's always an option. :)

bigolebaldy

I got married under the gazebo on the boardwalk and our wedding was around 3k. Disney supplied a planner for us, cake, limo, violinist, and we even got a watch set which was a surprise. We didn't have a big wedding, just immediate family but it was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom