The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I called today and was reassured there is a ramp outside at the grand floridian monorail station. She stated that it is primarily for wheelchair access but is fine to use with a stroller too.
They must have misunderstood you because there is no ramp outside going up to the monorail station on the second floor. They probably thought you meant the ramps they use when wheelchairs are getting in the actual monorail to help them just slide in easily. They take those out as needed to help wheelchairs get inside the monorail car and out of the monorail car. That is the only type of "ramps" at the Grand Floridian. :)

journ116

They must have misunderstood you because there is no ramp outside going up to the monorail station on the second floor. They probably thought you meant the ramps they use when wheelchairs are getting in the actual monorail to help them just slide in easily. They take those out as needed to help wheelchairs get inside the monorail car and out of the monorail car. That is the only type of "ramps" at the Grand Floridian. :)
I, and several others, will concur with you: there is absolutely NO RAMP outside the resort entrance to the monorail station. The only outdoor ramp leading to a monorail station is at the TTC. It's either use the elevator or stairs, both of which are only located inside the resort lobby (same goes for ALL monorail resorts).

I think you have it right: the CM was probably referring to a ramp that connects to specific sections of the actual monorail to get ECV's & wheelchairs on and off, not a ramp leading to the monorail station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom