The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, I need to place this in 8th Wonder, but no way am I getting there tonight and it is on my mind, but anyone heard the unprecedented DVC offer to members?

It's at Aulani and good for mid-Oct to mid-Dec arrivals. Apparently, you can book five nights with points and GET TWO ADDED FOR FREE. I believe it is for whatever level you slot into, so one staying at a Grand Villa for five nights would be able to stay for seven on five nights points. I do not believe I have ever seen a DVC offer like this.

Oh, and DVC members are being offered great discounts on MAGIC cruises out of Port Canaveral this fall (not points wise here, just $$$ wise!)

StageFrenzy

So, Friday night in the dog days of summer and the nearest Friendly's is waaaay too far (and closed) to go for the ice cream I am craving and I log on here and it seems that everyone went to see GotG tonight.

Marvel fanbois ... pish-posh.

Oh well, it is the ONE Marvel film I have really been excited to see, but I'll wait for $6.50 Tuesday! (Yeah, Faux Top One Percent Spirits have issues paying $12-20 to see a movie!)

We could always talk about what's on the tele, FX seems to be doing well since *plopping* the strain down and their two new comedies on Thursday night. I particularly love you're the worst. Married is okay, I almost wish they would bring Paul Reiser to the front of that show. Nat Faxon is okay but not my idea of a lead, he was great in Trophy Wife as sad Steve.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So ... a kind source informed me that Lifestyler Morgan was given a cease and desist over those home-made MAGIC Band covers she was attempting to sell and she has stopped. Gee, couldn't have seen that coming (well, actually I could, did and wrote it here ... wonder if Scary Steven contacted Legal or maybe Dr. Blondie or Crazy Gary did after reading my comments!)

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

It really would be nice to see new blood brought into the company. The Disney culture was great for the first 40 years of Disney theme parks, but since then it has become quite poisonous. Outsiders are needed to give this company the cleanse it so desperately needs.

Disney needs its very own Reggie Fils-Aime. A business guy who actually gives a damn about the product and shows some actual passion about the cool stuff their company is making. The Nintendo Direct videos show both Reggie and Mr. Iwata as knowing full well that when it comes down to it, their company is about having fun and that feeling of fun should carry over in how they present a product.

You'd never see any of those leftover Eisner guys doing anything like this or that Reggie Fils-A-Mech skit to promote something:

John

Just booked a CM discounted magical trip for me and a fellow magic member. Disney is making it harder and harder for CM's to book. Not to mention higher prices.....more restrictions. No 60 day prior access to FP+, changing the entire structure....yeah...I am not happy. Should I be grateful I get a huge discount and get in the parks free? You bet I am! But man are they making it hard. In four years my trips have increased by 30%. Everyone has their breaking point to which they believe they are getting value....I am getting near the end for myself. So Disney after 20+ years I think my next stay will be off-property. My WDW magical friend said she seen some rates at the Gaylord for $130-140 a night. The Palms is as good as any deluxe on property....bar none!

Cody5242

BTW, if UNI is so packed daily, then would someone explain to me why they have decided to remove the blockout dates on the Power Passes for this month?

A fair question ... (although people don't react rationally when you ask a question they don't want to answer as I have found out this week yet again!)
According the Universals website, Power Passes are still blacked out through August 15th at US. Will they likely change this soon?

flynnibus

Premium Member
So, Friday night in the dog days of summer and the nearest Friendly's is waaaay too far (and closed) to go for the ice cream I am craving and I log on here and it seems that everyone went to see GotG tonight.

Marvel fanbois ... pish-posh.

well you could have both.. go see the output of the Marvel aquistion and go see Marvel Universe on Ice! Disney On Ice meets Marvel-brand!

FigmentJedi

I'm sure Gotham will be 10x more entertaining than Agents of Shield, even if it's crap
Agents of Shield got way better in the second half of the first season when Cap 2 came around.

Gotham's problem is that it's basically Patton Oswalt's sketch about the Star Wars prequels extended into an entire show.

(NSFW Language)

"Oh you like Catwoman? Well here she is a little kid!" "You like the Joker? Here he is before he got bleached" "Here's Bruce Wayne as a little kid who's sad because his parents died"

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

So ... a kind source informed me that Lifestyler Morgan was given a cease and desist over those home-made MAGIC Band covers she was attempting to sell and she has stopped. Gee, couldn't have seen that coming (well, actually I could, did and wrote it here ... wonder if Scary Steven contacted Legal or maybe Dr. Blondie or Crazy Gary did after reading my comments!)

The same Morgan that works for Touring Plans? Wouldnt call her a lifestyler, I'd call her Len's Employee instead.

Also, why is Scarlett still in the photo on the staff page especially after the way Len fired her?

Cesar R M

While I enjoyed Guardians last night very much, I'd have to say that the post-credits tag was a bit of a letdown, and that was the general sense among the other geeks in attendance. Still, I wouldn't think of dissuading anyone from staying to check it out.
I actually found the ending scene to be hilarious. I expected more revealing (like Dr. Strange or something) thing and not "a link to the past" type link, so I agree you.

Cesar R M

I'm just worried TMNT is gonna steal its thunder. I really hope TMNT bombs but it won't. The character design is an abomination and the character voices just blow.
agree with TMNT.
Michaleangelo looks like the spawn of Shrek when mixed with Whoopy Goldberg.
Raphael looks like a damn Gumba from the old Super Mario Bros movie...
only sort of good character design is Donatello, but why the hell they gave him glasses? not nerdy enough for the "every day" guy?

Design wise.. all of them are insanely big.. I felt a lot of "transformers but with turtles" vibe when I seen the first trailers.

even the same sound effects!

Didn't people say that about transformers 5 and it still did well box office wise...And as for GoTG it was good. I enjoyed it immensely mainly because it was well casted and it was a very light summer film. And its easy to top Avengers as it is not that great of a movie. People overrate so much. Sales does not equal quality.
anything with explosions + bay is instant success despite horrible scores from reviewers.
reminds me of the movie Idiocracy... there will be always people who likes completely mindless movies with null story. As long there is eyecandy.. there will be easy money.

Really, the movie's problems are sounding more like visual ones then writing ones with some of the clips that have been released. THe personalities of the Turtles seem to be handled decently, the problem is they've been turned into nightmares from the uncanny valley that are even weirding the kids this is supposed to be targeting out. Also Megan Fox as April is a problem.

that is a huge pet peeve of mine.. SHE CANT ACT.. PERIOD.
She is just there because she goes along with Michael Bay.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Philippe Gas is headed to Shanghai in a position that certainly seems like a demotion as GM of SDL, while Tom Wolber is headed to Paris for what is a big promotion.

What does it all mean?

Not really sure although the doom and gloom that some in the fan community have for both those resorts is a bit misplaced. I haven't confirmed it, BTW, but believe Gas was told of the new position (or agreed to it) when Iger and Staggs were there three plus weeks ago for the Rat debut.

As for Wolber, he seems like a good fit for Euro Disney as a well-liked German who speaks four languages and has been a part of the well-managed (my ill feelings for Karl aside) DCL. I think a lot of things are starting to happen in Paris and this is the big move to start clean at the top after swapping No. 2's (no, not you @Lee) recently.

The thing is though: where's the new blood? And while Phil may have some females in Burbank swooning, how well is he going to deal with his Chinese overlords?

As for WDW, what does this mean? That the continuing carousel of execs continues. They literally are moving folks around so fast that one wonders if they even have a chance to move into their new offices and decorate before they are moved yet again. How this enables anything at all to get done remains to be seen. Tom had his last position for all of 3-4 months. How does an exec at Disney even figure out their new territory in such a period?

It really would be nice to see outside/fresh blood brought into the company. The Disney culture was great for the first 40 years of Disney theme parks, but since then it has become quite poisonous. Outsiders are needed to give this company the cleanse it so desperately needs.
You'd recon this guy was trying to fix WDW and when he tried to "waste" money(aka get in the way of the top tier executive's bonuses) he got transferred fast?

Sped2424

Not to hijack this thread, but has there been a discussion about Tokyo's new Night time castle show spectacular? Once upon a time is the name of it. Whenever watching celebrate the magic I am aware of Cinderella castle, but there are moments in this show where I forget it's a projection (peter pan scene). Simply put it's phenomenal and I can't help but hope we will get it, as our show PALES in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom